Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Online dating - shady or no?

I got divorced at 30, and hadn’t been single since I was a teenager. (Now 30 with 2 small children) It was a rude awakening to see how disingenuous people are. The difficulty with online dating is, that if you don’t know any friends or family, there’s no accountability. People seem to feel like they can behave as badly as they want and nobody will ever find out. There is also the issue with people getting addicted and craving attention, not wanting to get out of the game in fear of missing out on something better. I hate online dating! I would literally try speed dating or anything else 😣. I got a puppy this year and that’s a relatively decent replacement, with only the obvious element missing 😹

25 minutes ago, LuckyKelleyK said:

with only the obvious element missing

The puppy doesn't do the dishes or take out the trash?

32 minutes ago, elcee said:

The puppy doesn't do the dishes or take out the trash?

Haha! That doesn’t bother me, my ex husband didn’t either!

Online dating is kind of a crapshoot, most apps are full of scammers unfortunately, especially if you live in a small town, and even more especially if you are gay in a small Mormon town. I pretty much gave up on dating because of it. Even the paid apps have scammers.

Online dating can be a great way to meet new people and potentially find a romantic partner, but it can also be frustrating and even dangerous if you're not careful. It's important to be aware of the risks involved with online dating and to take steps to protect yourself.

One way to stay safe while using online dating apps is to be cautious when sharing personal information with people you don't know well. Be wary of people who ask for personal information, such as your home address or financial information, too soon.

Another way to stay safe is to be mindful of who you're talking to. Be sure to do some research on the person you're interested in, and take note of any red flags, such as if they're asking for money or seem too good to be true.

It's also important to meet people in a public place for your first few dates, and to tell a friend or family member where you're going and when you expect to be back.

It might be a good idea to consider other ways to meet people. You can try joining social clubs, classes, or groups related to your hobbies and interests. You can also try meeting people through friends or family, or by volunteering for organizations that you care about.

It is important to remember that finding a romantic partner is not the only goal of life, you can focus on other aspects of your life, like friends, family, hobbies, personal growth and self-care.