Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW RULES

Thinking about this more frequently, partially because of the song and life in general. We can change and stay the same. It's a paradox. Bariatric or otherwise, what are your new rules?

Protein first

No drinking and eating at the same time

Am I really hungry?

My 2 rules that I have been very successful with.

1) No meat on the weekdays. Now I'm a Dragon. If the cow is branded, it 'sdone lets eat! That being said. This has been working for me so well! I've been going strong for about a month now. I've also discovered some great recipes and alternatives I never had the courage to try before.

2) No calories before 12pm and after 8pm. I've been enjoying IF, it's really helped me change how I view food. Unfortunately I've picked up other unsavory habits now that I don't overeat. Hey, I'm working on me.

I can't claim any originality here, but mine are :

- aim for 1000 calories a day
- aim for 60 gms Protein a day
- drink as much non- or decaff fluids as possible but not within half an hour of eating a meal except Breakfast (I have a cuppa and 100 gms of 0% fat Greek yoghurt with a few berries and grapes and a cap of SF Syrup for breakfast everyday)
- low fat as much as possible, eg. never more than a tsp of oil to stir fry anything
- plenty of veggies and fruit within my daily calorie limit
- don't graze - it's got to be a meal or a planned snack or have a drink instead
- use small Delph and utensils
- avoid all carbs that aren't fruit, veggies or legumes as much as possible

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh, and potato is not a vegetable.

10 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Thinking about this more frequently, partially because of the song and life in general. We can change and stay the same. It's a paradox. Bariatric or otherwise, what are your new rules?

New rules. Music can be therapy.

Some things can stay the same. Some things we need to let go of to move forward in life. Rules change and evolve with time.

Beginning of bariatrics weight loss mode. A bit obsessive logging and tracking the new bariatric rules in my life. It all created positive change.

Years out after goal, Reevaluating the rules around bariatrics. Learning to relax and finding balance. Not letting fear of regain take control.

Edited by Healthy_life

1. If I plan poorly and have to buy something on the fly, and it's family sized (isn't it always) I have to dump it out without discretion and eat what's left ...

womp womp, should have prepped

2. Ever so gently peer pressure other people into making better choices 😂

3. At least thinking about hardcore exercise, even when I can't or don't want to.

4. Walking as exercise no matter what.

1. Stash Protein Shakes everywhere, for emergency top-ups.

2. Bring a flask of liquid with me wherever I go.

3. If I feel like I need to go to the bathroom, GO TO THE BATHROOM. I used to be able to delay forever, no more. coffee or sugar or carbs can kick in very quickly

4. Order very strategically at group events. Prioritizing appetizers, avoiding the Entree category, and planning for the meal by eating very lightly for the rest of the day is key. Share food whenever possible, and identify co-conspirators who will help you do that.

5. If it doesn’t fit, donate it or toss it. No more aspirational clothing purchases, no more “just in case” reserving of too-big clothes.

Sideeye I really to remember #5, I have a stack of " just incase" been so long there they are pathetically out of style.

7 hours ago, sideeye said:

1. Stash Protein Shakes everywhere, for emergency top-ups.

2. Bring a flask of liquid with me wherever I go.

3. If I feel like I need to go to the bathroom, GO TO THE BATHROOM. I used to be able to delay forever, no more. coffee or sugar or carbs can kick in very quickly

4. Order very strategically at group events. Prioritizing appetizers, avoiding the Entree category, and planning for the meal by eating very lightly for the rest of the day is key. Share food whenever possible, and identify co-conspirators who will help you do that.

5. If it doesn’t fit, donate it or toss it. No more aspirational clothing purchases, no more “just in case” reserving of too-big clothes.

I'm giving up my favorite clothing item ever.This Victorian/steampunk coat that I Love.

This is a really tough call for me but the right thing to do because I can't tailor it to a smaller size without utterly disturbing it's beauty.

Hell_Bunny_Heart_Pocket_Courtney_Coat_Stock_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

That coat is everything! I wear stuff similar to that all the time. Fits my whole "corporate goth" look. Back in middle/high school my mom said I would grow out of it. No ma'am. It just got more expensive 😂

I've just washed a winter coat to give away that I only wore half a dozen times. It's swimming on me now. Plus I put another skirt in my too big pile. I now have no skirts that fit me.

Clothes are such a pain in the butt! Everything I have is way too big (especially my coat which was big to start with)! But who wants to spend money on clothes that won’t fit for long?!? I will confess though that yesterday Woman Within had a 50% off sale so I bought a new coat - in RED!!! This is big for me because for the past 20+ years I’ve been only wearing black!!

Clothes are such a pain in the butt! Everything I have is way too big (especially my coat which was big to start with)! But who wants to spend money on clothes that won’t fit for long?!? I will confess though that yesterday Woman Within had a 50% off sale so I bought a new coat - in RED!!! This is big for me because for the past 20+ years I’ve been only wearing black!!
Me too (re: buying a red coat) #snap

14 hours ago, CyndieRI said:

..I’ve been only wearing black!!..

"I see a red door and I want it painted black" Said the Rolling Stones. One of my many Theme songs lol. I'll continue with the Black clothes. Spikes included! Love the side eye looks I get even now. I can never tell if they look because I'm fat, or because I'm an experience!