Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im very new to the gastric sleeve. I had my surgery dec 6th. I'm having a horrible time with trying new ways to get the Protein Shakes down, I found putting them in the blender they literally turn to foam. I have a few recepies but I'm currently on 3 shakes a day and need new ways to drink them. Im currently still only on bariatric high Protein liquids stage.. any advice would be wonderful! Thank you

Have you tried the ready to drink premiere ? They’re pretty good

35 minutes ago, Prpchub88 said:

my doctor says that I have to use the brand he suggested

That's just some product endorsement going on there. I usually don't suggest going against what your Dr. says but there's no reason why you can't try a different brand that will go down better as long as it does the same thing. Premiere is probably the #1 premixed Protein Drink purchased by WLS patients in the U.S.

Im very new to the gastric sleeve. I had my surgery dec 6th. I'm having a horrible time with trying new ways to get the Protein Shakes down, I found putting them in the blender they literally turn to foam. I have a few recepies but I'm currently on 3 shakes a day and need new ways to drink them. Im currently still only on bariatric high Protein liquids stage.. any advice would be wonderful! Thank you
Premier is great. They have 30 grams of Protein in each bottle. They taste pretty good too. I've tried the Unjury but I like Premier better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

That's just some product endorsement going on there. I usually don't suggest going against what your Dr. says but there's no reason why you can't try a different brand that will go down better as long as it does the same thing. Premiere is probably the #1 premixed Protein Drink purchased by WLS patients in the U.S.

Priemier is the brand served while in hospital. I liked them better than most. My favorite is Muscle Mill. The rest I have not done well with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I find that if you let the drink sit for a bit, the foam will go down.

Once you're allowed to try different drinks, I also suggest varying the flavors. In my rotation now - Unjury chocolate, premier chocolate, Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade, Syntrax nectar fuzzy navel, syntrax nectar double stuffed cookie, Isopure lemonade, premier mango orange Protein Water. I suggest you buy the syntrax nectar sample pack - a lot of good flavors. Having a bunch of different types that you can try once your doc says its OK will at least give you something to look forward to?

2 hours ago, Prpchub88 said:

I have not, mainly because my doctor says that I have to use the brand he suggested until two weeks after surgery. Im using Unjury.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Unjury products are really high quality. I would stick with them if possible. Have you tried using a shaker bottle instead of a blender?

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Unjury also makes ready to drink. You might check online.

oh yea - I forgot about those. They're great! I like them better than RTD Premier Protein

I had my surgery dec 3rd and just recently I started having issues with the Protein Shakes. I use Premier Protein or pure Protein. Not sure why, but I dread drinking them. They make me queasy. At my first post op appt, the dr. Said I may be allergic to the protein that is used.

Unury > Premier. The type of Protein in Unjury is much higher quality. Premier is a concentrate, whereas Unjury is whey protein isolate. An isolate is a more complete type of protein and is better absorbed.

I personally like premier but I warm it up in the microwave (not hot, or it might clump the mix), then i mix in the Protein Shake mix afterwards. It ends up tasting like a hot chocolate and it's the only way I can actually tolerate Protein Shakes anymore, lol.

I love pre mixed pure Protein in the can - Trader Joe’s carries . I heat up the vanilla in a Cappuccino cup for 50 seconds and add Decaf Frenxh vanilla - perfect ! I’d drink even if I was at goal !