Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stricture or hernia...oh my

Actually... today I only had 12 oz. I forgot I only had the one shake. Nobody seems to care. I was in the er last night for an unrelated issue and again, labs were normal. No fluids except very small standard protocol of saline.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Upper Gi done today; no stricture. Which is good. However it also means they have no clue what the hell is actually wrong with me.

Got a new acronym for you WTFGTBS- what the F*** go to be something And you're the first case they've seen! Sent you a hug, you need one now!

I'm wondering if maybe I might have issues with gluten.

Has anyone had gluten sensitivity post-op?

And I made a trip to my local ER for chest,pain this past Friday. After hours of laing there they said" atypical chest pain/ costochondritis" but my theory is Too much Alteplace Thursday wh8le they were trying to declot my,PICC line so they could draw out blood for my twice weekly blood testing. Took 4 and a half hours and I think my body was rebelling at the chemical intrusion. Oh well, they didn't tell me it was all in my head when my,left side of sternum pain was 🎁, no not that kind of present, not a gift at all!

I’m in florida Jenn, but they told me of a mobile hydration unit that will come to ur house and give u fluids if u r having trouble getting fluids in. Doc said u need to pee 4x per day and if urine goes dark, call him and unit . Fluid intake super important

Edited by Lolo 2020

Wow, so sorry you are dealing with this. I would like to second the popsicle advice. I even started making my own post-op with low sugar juice/water/little bit of crushed fruit/protein powder/Benefiber etc. Had to hide them from the fam though bc everyone was tearing through them!

I also made - and still do even at this point actually - Protein pops (I call them) - as I only like 1 type of Protein Shake and was having a hard time even taking that in.

I mix Orgain Iced Mocha Protein Drinks in the blender with chia seeds, a banana, scoop of Peanut Butter, square of high quality dark chocolate super high in coco powder, little crushed coconut & coconut extract, several scoops of Bariatric Fusion Meal Replacement powder, Benefiber...I think that's it, lol.

I make a huge pitcher - about 80 oz. Then pour it into little 4 oz portion cups I got on Amazon (they are called jello-shot cups, but are basically plastic take-out sauce/dip cups w/lids). I put all the lids on and put them in the freezer. Every morning I take one out when I wake up. By the time I start to feel hungry (45-60 mins) it is softer, like Water ice. I just use a spoon and scoop it in! It tastes great, is awesome for me, and because it is not really a solid or liquid, it goes down really easy. Initially I was using popsicle molds and freeze-pop molds, but it was too messy that way. They also have 2 oz cups for early days post-op and also for a quick snack. - You don't have to wait for them to thaw either, just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften if you don't want to wait. This made it so much easier to get in protein/vitamins/calories the first few months, and now I just look forward to it and still get all those benefits.

Sorry so long - just another suggestion - I couldn't drink a lot of water for a long time - actually drinking a lot of anything, even now, makes me feel way too uncomfortable. So, I have sucked on a lot of ice. Ice chips, crushed ice, ice quarter/half moon shapes. Helps get fluids in (albeit slowly) when you just can't take drinking too much. Also helped me with dry mouth from my meds. I use a metal water bottle so it doesn't melt too quickly. Good luck w/everything!

I had two strictures - one at four weeks out and the other at about eight weeks out. What you're describing sounds pretty much like my experience. It was an easy fix - if it's a stricture, they'll just stretch it out during the endoscopy and you'll feel about a million times better afterward.
Yeah it's not just a stricture it ended up being a hiatal hernia so I'm doing tests to revise to the bypass. Should be ok, not anticipating too many problems.

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app

So @ NYJenn, what did your December 26 endoscopy show? I don't believe I ever heard, have you joined the Structure Society after all?

The Gi didn’t show a stricture so no endoscopy was scheduled

So I wonder where you go from here?

On 12/31/2018 at 08:50, Frustr8 said:

So I wonder where you go from here?
I’m keeping a strict food journal and tracking my “episodes” He wants to see what my trigger foods might be. Could be gluten, dairy, etc. I’m not finding any trends yet, but it’s been a rough week and my eating has been all over the place.

And NYJenn, I hope 2019 has so good answers for you. Has a pattern showed up any in your food journal? When do you see your doctor again?