Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

So, I was looking at the box for the Fleet in the store and realized I would have to be a yoga instructor and about 50lbs lighter to reach in such a position, lmao, so I bought the glycerin suppositories. I am trying the Miralax and Colace for 2 days first... had some Miralax last night and started the Colace this a.m. If nothing happens by tomorrow, I'll do the suppository. Do you know how long those take to "work"? It doesn't say anything on the bottle.

Depends...lol! Usually 30-45 mins for me.😁

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Depends...lol! Usually 30-45 mins for me.😁

Haha okay! The Miralax is so vague like... "may produce movement in 1-3 days" so... I didn't know if the suppository was quick or ... vague.

Edited by mousecat88

I do feel a bit rumbly in there so hopefully I can avoid the other route. Will also be eating some greens today for the first time in forever today at our Xmas potluck so that may move things along, too.

1 minute ago, mousecat88 said:

Haha okay! The Miralax is so vague like... "may produce movement in 1-3 days" so... I didn't know if the suppository was quick or ... vague.

I use miralax daily for maintenance regularity but I no longer am a slave to its vagaries. Lol. I go straight for MOM first then fleets glyc supps next until I blow that gopher out of its hole a la Carl and Caddy Shack!

I use miralax daily for maintenance regularity but I no longer am a slave to its vagaries. Lol. I go straight for MOM first then fleets glyc supps next until I blow that gopher out of its hole a la Carl and Caddy Shack!
Okay... issues have arisen. lmao. In the last 2 days I've had 4 Colace, 3 Fiber caps, 2 doses of Miralax, 4oz of aloe juice, and a glycerin suppository with no results. I have no clue what is going on! There's nothing even near the exit. lol. The suppository yielded less than a half ounce of liquid. Nothing to help the situation. Unsure of next steps here. Sent a message to the doc.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'd call the doc first thing tomorrow. Not going for that long can be pretty serious, and you don't want to leave it over the weekend (in case he doesn't check his email or doesn't check it until late tomorrow). Good luck!

On 12/13/2018 at 19:15, mousecat88 said:

Okay... issues have arisen. lmao. In the last 2 days I've had 4 Colace, 3 Fiber caps, 2 doses of Miralax, 4oz of aloe juice, and a glycerin suppository with no results. I have no clue what is going on! There's nothing even near the exit. lol. The suppository yielded less than a half ounce of liquid. Nothing to help the situation. Unsure of next steps here. Sent a message to the doc.

Suppositories and enemas work well for things stuck at the bottom of the digestive system. Milk of magnesia, miralax, colase, fiber, and senna (the stuff in Smooth Move tea) help with stuff at the top of the system. Miralax can take a few days. Milk of magnesia should work in 6 hours. Stool softeners like colase merely soften the poo. Senna is a stimulant for the digestive system that makes things move.

It really depends on the cause of your Constipation. Not all treatments are equal.

Suppositories and enemas work well for things stuck at the bottom of the digestive system. Milk of magnesia, miralax, colase, Fiber, and senna (the stuff in Smooth Move tea) help with stuff at the top of the system. Miralax can take a few days. Milk of magnesia should work in 6 hours. Stool softeners like colase merely soften the poo. Senna is a stimulant for the digestive system that makes things move.

It really depends on the cause of your Constipation. Not all treatments are equal.
Yeah, that's kinda why I went all angles. lol. I know there's nothing by the... exit. But the surgeon said at 7 days no poop to do an enema or suppository. Tomorrow will be day 3 on the Miralax and Colace... 10 days no poops.

I'd call the doc first thing tomorrow. Not going for that long can be pretty serious, and you don't want to leave it over the weekend (in case he doesn't check his email or doesn't check it until late tomorrow). Good luck!
Someone from their staff will get with me. They are really responsive. If for some freak reason I don't hear back, I'll go to the ER on Saturday.

POOP CHRONICLES UPDATE:

Surgical nurse said to take 2 doses of Miralax, another suppository, and 3 Colace today. I told her I still have zero urge to poo or discomfort. She is checking with my surgeon to determine exactly when I need to go to the ER; probably tonight or tomorrow morning if nothing "moves along". Told me to stick to Clear Liquids today (right after I had refried Beans for Breakfast, thinking the fiber would be useful instead of my usual dairy, WHOOPSIES).

Edited by mousecat88

26 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

POOP CHRONICLES UPDATE:

Surgical nurse said to take 2 doses of Miralax, another suppository, and 3 Colace today. I told her I still have zero urge to poo or discomfort. She is checking with my surgeon to determine exactly when I need to go to the ER; probably tonight or tomorrow morning if nothing "moves along". Told me to stick to Clear Liquids today (right after I had refried Beans for Breakfast, thinking the Fiber would be useful instead of my usual dairy, WHOOPSIES).

How much liquid are you getting into you at this point?

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

How much liquid are you getting into you at this point?

About 50oz a day of hot Water. I basically feel like I want to puke every time I sip due to the ulcer so it's harder to get more. They're satisfied with 50ish until the ulcer heals. I do also have a 8oz shake and broths some days on top of that. So, realistically, in the 60's. Which is decent.

Edited by mousecat88

I was poopin' just fine prior to 9-10 days ago. Going every day. Then screeeeech. The train stopped.

17 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

About 50oz a day of hot Water. I basically feel like I want to puke every time I sip due to the ulcer so it's harder to get more. They're satisfied with 50ish until the ulcer heals. I do also have a 8oz shake and broths some days on top of that. So, realistically, in the 60's. Which is decent.

I don't think it's ur ulcer making your nauseated. I think you're backed up and that's making the nausea. You gotta do everything you can to increase that. I'm so sorry to say but REALLY seriously try to get more in today especially with all the meds you've tumped into your system right now! Serious stuff. Really. Prepare for the delivery of Rosemary's Baby...just sayin.

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

I don't think it's ur ulcer making your nauseated. I think you're backed up and that's making the nausea. You gotta do everything you can to increase that. I'm so sorry to say but REALLY seriously try to get more in today especially with all the meds you've tumped into your system right now! Serious stuff. Really. Prepare for the delivery of Rosemary's Baby...just sayin.

I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to end up in the ER and they will either do a massive enema or remove it surgically... which I would actually highly prefer. Please just knock me out and deep clean me. lol.

I've had nausea since surgery, as a result of the ulcer. It's just gotten worse since late-night Tuesday, and the "worseness" is probably from poo-related issues. But I've had the vomiting feeling when I drink since surgery.