Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 Sleevers?

17 hours ago, DiAnnalee said:

Surgery date was February 6th. Caught a stomach virus in the hospital so it’s been pretty bad but hanging in there. 20 lbs lost

Oh no, stomach viruses are the worst. Hope you're feeling much better! My surgery was Feb 6th too and I'm down 17 lbs. The first few days sucked but now that I'm almost 3 weeks out, I feel completely back to normal (physically at least -- the mental part is always a daily struggle!). My surgeon cleared me to start eating normal food in a few days but I still can't get used to how small my portion sizes now are... we're not in Kansas anymore Toto

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, sjemle said:

Need to vent, I had VSG on 2/7 with starting weight of 305. I did put on 7 pounds in the hospital and as of today I am down to 303. I do not regret having the surgery at all, but I have been having bowel issues and pain. I went from nothing for 4 days to multiple times today. I could deal with just that but I continue to have pain to the right of my belly button. It is the only real pain I have had since the day of the surgery, but it stinks. Feels like my muscle is going to rip. Wish the pain would go away! Anyone else deal with something similar?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 2 weeks out from surgery and only pain I have left is that same incision to the right of my belly button, and only when I sneeze.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:53 PM, BusyBee77 said:

Hello,

Constipation any body? Had my surgery on 02/14/19 and I had only one bowel movement .. any suggestions?

Ohhh yea! I didn't go for 5 days before or after my surgery - so 10 days straight. Was on Senna and Miralax, finally buckled and tried a Ducolax suppository - an hour later I got it done... Been a challenge both ways since then, without the softeners I don't really go and I seem to get diarrhea when I do use them. I guess I just need to find the right balance!

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:08 AM, Maria my turn said:

Surgery is Monday! Very excited!

Good Luck today!

2 hours ago, LC12 said:

Oh no, stomach viruses are the worst. Hope you're feeling much better! My surgery was Feb 6th too and I'm down 17 lbs. The first few days sucked but now that I'm almost 3 weeks out, I feel completely back to normal (physically at least -- the mental part is always a daily struggle!). My surgeon cleared me to start eating normal food in a few days but I still can't get used to how small my portion sizes now are... we're not in Kansas anymore Toto

It has not been pleasant. I eat two bites and I am full. I am pleased with the results.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:48 PM, EAKB said:

I am schedule on the 11th also. Hang in there I have to do two week liquid diet and I have low BMI. It took about two days for the low energy and head to go away every it got better.

I had my surgery feb 11th as well, 2 weeks post op today. Hope you’re both feeling well.

I'm enjoying the little things that my surgery has allowed me to do. I can bend over to tie my own shoes without getting out of breath. My clothes are getting baggy. I can cross my legs with ease. Little changes that I've taken for granted for so long. I even had co workers come up to me and say you look different. . .did you loose some weight? lol

Sleeved on Mon 2/25. This big incision is killing me. It hurts on the inside soooooo bad. I cannot lay on my side at all. Either one. Only on my back. But not too flat. And this is my sixth abdominal surgery. So it’s not like I didn’t know what to expect. I’ve never hurt like this before. I just want to lay on my side!!!

30 minutes ago, What Lori said:

Sleeved on Mon 2/25. This big incision is killing me. It hurts on the inside soooooo bad. I cannot lay on my side at all. Either one. Only on my back. But not too flat. And this is my sixth abdominal surgery. So it’s not like I didn’t know what to expect. I’ve never hurt like this before. I just want to lay on my side!!!

Lori, I had the mine on monday as well. I'm much, much better, but nothing ever prepared me for how much pain this surgery was. I now can lay on my side, but it was pretty rough there. I was so upset that I had made a terrible mistake. I feel better today, but still sore in the mid back when I drink a wee too much. I really hope it starts to get better for you! I'm weaning a bit off the meds finally. Feel better!

I was sleeved the same day and am having the same pain and issue. I have yet to be able to lay in bed, I've been staying on the couch. Moving and drinking as much as I can but that big one is a nightmare [emoji31] My doctor said he had to make it bigger than he expected because of the size of my stomach. We'll get thru this!!

Well as you all know I had insurance issues ,now I just paid for my surgery in full ,to have the sleeve done in Las Vegas at Bloosum Bariactrics ,have any of you ever used them ?

Hello! New here! I got sleeved on 2/11; almost 3 weeks out. Feeling great! I have lost about 22lbs but kind of hit a little stall. Is that normal? I also started walking at the gym about 25 minutes for the last couple of days.

Hello! New here! I got sleeved on 2/11; almost 3 weeks out. Feeling great! I have lost about 22lbs but kind of hit a little stall. Is that normal? I also started walking at the gym about 25 minutes for the last couple of days.
I had the 3 week stall too, but it does break. Mine lasted about a week, but since then I have been consistently losing. You got this, just keep going! [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app