Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 Sleevers?

24 hours since surgery. Yesterday was pretty tough. I struggled from the anesthesia. Pain meds help a bunch. Getting a little bit easier to get my fluids down but that’s my biggest challenge right now.

12 minutes ago, TripleM said:

24 hours since surgery. Yesterday was pretty tough. I struggled from the anesthesia. Pain meds help a bunch. Getting a little bit easier to get my fluids down but that’s my biggest challenge right now.

I had a hard time to with the anesthesia. I didnt like the way it made me feel afterwards. If your throat is hurting from the breathing tube get sugar free popcicles. It helped me so much and made it easier to swallow Water or Jello. Congrats on the surgery!!

My drs office gave me a suggestion right before surgery. Take your body measurements and pre surgery pictures. Then every month of your surgery Anniversary do it again. Track it for as long as you want. They said this is the best way to see results vs a scale sometimes. I started my journey at 325 lbs, my pre surgery weight was 281 lbs, I'm 1 week 4 days post op 263 lbs.

Anyone on pureed food yet? I have one more week of liquids. And i'm getting antsy to taste something other than liquids :)

I’m scheduled for next Thursday. I’ve felt very positive until today . I’m starting to have some anxiety. I’m also going over and over in my head if I were just strong enough or had enough self control maybe I could just do this all on my own. Anyone else experience this?

I’m scheduled for next Thursday. I’ve felt very positive until today . I’m starting to have some anxiety. I’m also going over and over in my head if I were just strong enough or had enough self control maybe I could just do this all on my own. Anyone else experience this?
Hi Elsy, I'm scheduled for next Tuesday and I'm going through the same thing! I keep beating myself up about it. I keep thinking, "Why don't I have the will power or self control to do this on my own." I have to remind myself why I considered it. I have to be honest with myself and remind myself that I DON'T have to have surgery. But! It's a good chance I will continue to struggle with losing weight. This is a tool that will help me initially, but I still have to do the work. This isn't the "easy" way out. This is hard and scary but it will be worth it. I read all of everyone's progress and wonder what my progress will be (6 months, a year, 2 years from now) and it gives me hope. It doesn't take away the anxiety, but I am going to trust God, praying for a great recovery, and have hope for myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 02/12/2019 at 14:45, COCOAKP2 said:

Hi Elsy, I'm scheduled for next Tuesday and I'm going through the same thing! I keep beating myself up about it. I keep thinking, "Why don't I have the will power or self control to do this on my own." I have to remind myself why I considered it. I have to be honest with myself and remind myself that I DON'T have to have surgery. But! It's a good chance I will continue to struggle with losing weight. This is a tool that will help me initially, but I still have to do the work. This isn't the "easy" way out. This is hard and scary but it will be worth it. I read all of everyone's progress and wonder what my progress will be (6 months, a year, 2 years from now) and it gives me hope. It doesn't take away the anxiety, but I am going to trust God, praying for a great recovery, and have hope for myself.

Thank you so much for the input. I agree. This is a tool, not a magic pill. I still have to work hard, or I will end up like I am now. Jitters for surgery I guess. Prayers for you that all goes well on Tuesday! You’ll be heading home when I’m going in.😊

I had my Surgery 1/21/19. I had anxiety like everyone else. It went smooth. My throat hurt a little after but it went away in a week. 3 weeks and 1 day out I am 28 LBS down. I feel great. My biggest fear was nausea and vomiting. Nothing. No complications at all. I have progressed to soft diet eggs, thin deli meat etc without an issue. Just stick to the program. Take your time eating. And exercise!! Treadmill, Stationary bike. It will help. Good luck. You will do great!!

Hi guys I was sleeved on 2/4 and today I'm having really bad pain that basically feels like someone is cinching a belt under my breasts and radiates to my back has anyone experienced this or knows what it is? it's happening during drinking and sometimes after drinking I've tried taking smaller sips thinking that's the problem and no dice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi guys I was sleeved on 2/4 and today I'm having really bad pain that basically feels like someone is cinching a belt under my breasts and radiates to my back has anyone experienced this or knows what it is? it's happening during drinking and sometimes after drinking I've tried taking smaller sips thinking that's the problem and no dice.

Sounds very painful. You should let your surgeon or medical team know.

I just had my Sleeve surgery on 2/7. I have my first checkup with my surgeon tomorrow.

surgery yesterday. I just got home very disappointed I am ten pounds heaver over night. pain is very mild and i am sipping my Water and crystal lite.

1 hour ago, EAKB said:

surgery yesterday. I just got home very disappointed I am ten pounds heaver over night. pain is very mild and i am sipping my Water and crystal lite.

I put on 5lbs overnight in the hospital - it's the anaesthetic and IV fluids they pump you with, I believe. I wasn't expecting it either - no one had prepared me for it. Don't worry - it's temporary.

Need to vent, I had VSG on 2/7 with starting weight of 305. I did put on 7 pounds in the hospital and as of today I am down to 303. I do not regret having the surgery at all, but I have been having bowel issues and pain. I went from nothing for 4 days to multiple times today. I could deal with just that but I continue to have pain to the right of my belly button. It is the only real pain I have had since the day of the surgery, but it stinks. Feels like my muscle is going to rip. Wish the pain would go away! Anyone else deal with something similar?

7 minutes ago, sjemle said:

Need to vent, I had VSG on 2/7 with starting weight of 305. I did put on 7 pounds in the hospital and as of today I am down to 303. I do not regret having the surgery at all, but I have been having bowel issues and pain. I went from nothing for 4 days to multiple times today. I could deal with just that but I continue to have pain to the right of my belly button. It is the only real pain I have had since the day of the surgery, but it stinks. Feels like my muscle is going to rip. Wish the pain would go away! Anyone else deal with something similar?

My surgery isn't till the 25th, but I've done a lot of reading and it sounds like the pain could be where they took the extra part of the stomach out. I'm sorry you don't feel well and hope it passes quickly. Maybe they one of your pain pills? Best wishes!