Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 lbs in under a year?

4 hours ago, thelostmermaid said:

How do you make sure that you don't over do it on the Water? My worst fear is stretching my stomach due to the water intake. If it were up to me I'd be drinking water the entire day

Just take your time spread the water out over the whole day, don't try to pound it all in one sitting, you'll figure out how quickly you can drink pretty fast, it just takes trial and error to figure out what speed is right for you. Once you figure out how fast your stomach/pouch/sleeve drains, then you'll know around how much you can drink at once and then how quickly you can do that again.

All it takes is sticking to a strict diet and exercise as often as you can. Don't expect to go back to junk food and still lose weight... I've already been looking at different websites for the best food and best way to get high Protein as the guy said earlier if you can live off Protein Shakes go for it there's no reason to eat junk or empty calories!

And to update, I'm 114 lbs lost in 11 months at this point.

Depends on where you start and how strict you are with yourself. If you start out much larger and actually follow the rules then of course you can.

But if you don’t do, don’t beat yourself up either, it’s not a race.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:21 AM, Mikeyy said:

You look quite tall? I'm 183cm and 320lbs my goal weight is around 185 I assume once I do get the bypass I'll be able to also follow you and lose the 140lbs that I need within a year definitely but tell me what is your fitness regime or diet like since the bypass..because it's not easy to lose that much so I'd like any tips from the man that has done it so well!!

Sorry I hadn't noticed this post sooner. Let me start by saying, I am a very lazy person, hence the reason I got fat. My time in the gym has been ZERO. I do walk a lot with my wife. I babysit a 3 years old 5-6 days a week 12 hour days. I love skateboarding again. But as far as exercise, workouts? Nope, not my cup of tea. 95% of my weight loss has come through the kitchen. I am blessed in as much, I am now reactive hypoglycemic. I cant cheat with sweets without paying a dear price. I have gone unconscious 3 times since surgery from low blood glucose below 50. Also my appetite has been a struggle. I have to force myself to eat. Trust me I could lose more if I wanted to. I am 6'3" and 163 lbs is already skinny enough. I was a very skinny young man, and I think post op my body went back to its natural state. I was about 145 lbs into my early mid 30's. So yeah I was quite skinny. Diet wise, I was probably stricter with myself than I needed to be. I eat eggs, cheeses, meats of all types, green vegetables. Very little fruit, sugars aren't my friend. I use Tespo liquid vitamins. I'm not a good example. I enjoy the occasional chili dog. I eat the occasional chip. My portions are obviously a fraction of what they were in the past. There are much wiser, better examples of peoples disciplines and diets on here than mine. Again, I am not typical in that I have to force myself to eat. I actually seek out fattier foods now just to maintain weight. Not necessarily junk food, but not the leans foods most of us have to eat. It has taken me many months to stop losing. My doctors were starting to get worried. for my health based on how rapidly I lost and my inability to maintain. I am doing much better now though.

25 minutes ago, RichMack said:

Sorry I hadn't noticed this post sooner. Let me start by saying, I am a very lazy person, hence the reason I got fat. My time in the gym has been ZERO. I do walk a lot with my wife. I babysit a 3 years old 5-6 days a week 12 hour days. I love skateboarding again. But as far as exercise, workouts? Nope, not my cup of tea. 95% of my weight loss has come through the kitchen. I am blessed in as much, I am now reactive hypoglycemic. I cant cheat with sweets without paying a dear price. I have gone unconscious 3 times since surgery from low blood glucose below 50. Also my appetite has been a struggle. I have to force myself to eat. Trust me I could lose more if I wanted to. I am 6'3" and 163 lbs is already skinny enough. I was a very skinny young man, and I think post op my body went back to its natural state. I was about 145 lbs into my early mid 30's. So yeah I was quite skinny. Diet wise, I was probably stricter with myself than I needed to be. I eat eggs, cheeses, meats of all types, green vegetables. Very little fruit, sugars aren't my friend. I use Tespo liquid vitamins. I'm not a good example. I enjoy the occasional chili dog. I eat the occasional chip. My portions are obviously a fraction of what they were in the past. There are much wiser, better examples of peoples disciplines and diets on here than mine. Again, I am not typical in that I have to force myself to eat. I actually seek out fattier foods now just to maintain weight. Not necessarily junk food, but not the leans foods most of us have to eat. It has taken me many months to stop losing. My doctors were starting to get worried. for my health based on how rapidly I lost and my inability to maintain. I am doing much better now though.

I'm actually hoping the surgery will help me not to need to feel hungry and ONLY eat when I need and not to snack ever again. I need to lose this weight ASAP I also have issues due to my weight. I'm only 34 but I've been overweight since I was like 13 except one year in 2012 I actually managed to lose 100lbs and I got down to about 200lbs even then I felt really great and everyone noticed and I even got attention from the girls. So I know 180lbs would be perfect. You must be very thin and small frame to get 160 or less I hope your okay and not making yourself anorexic.

I know how to be strict and lose weight but the surgery will allow me to maintain long term and all that.

I've decided to go RNY BYPASS I feel it's the best option even if I have to take multiple Vitamins.

I know I'll need a lot of Protein to make up for the lack of food intake and that I'll be using alot of Protein Shakes if I don't feel like eating either.

I can't wait for this operation and to finally start a new life!

Tnx