Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 lbs in under a year?

🐭🐺Fluffy Chix calls this emjoi Jazz Hands , I call it a hug from ME to You and we both may be correct, just heard from my TPN dietician, yeah got my own, her name is Kelly that since my blood work shows I am at least trying to eat, for 2 nights I go to a clear formula, no fats so it won't look milky like baby formula anymore, and there is a possibility I may decrease length of feeding from 14 hours to 12, depends on what my Thursday blood draw says. Surprise, I NEVER KNEW it could talk! But she, and by extension Dr Noria are pleased , that's nice but ultimately I should be the one pleased, not them. I have been 2oz cupping down a strawberry shake, after 19 weeks of Protein Shakes my my palate is jaded, I am varying from one shake, 2 Soups to 2 shakes, one Soup, and liquids , Vitamins, minerals, Dexilent, Zofran, Wellbutrin, Carafate in between . Tomkitten wants to sell one TV to make money at the pawnstore, I am resisting, I HATE pawnstore, check into cash places and all those liwlifes. Been trying to sell my very nice Kerosun heater worth $159 for $30, that would ensure he and I at least get our haircut for Christmas, next month will be better November I had those moving expenses, December I was in the hospital, had to buy meals for Tomkitten because he was loyal enough stay in Columbus with Me. Next month, should be early- mid, my insurance settlements will disperse, the ones originally set,to come August at latest but it he side drug their feet, they were and are a self- insurered entity, does the term" Big Box Store" ring a🔔 bell? Yep THEM People, the original pay low, sell High folk founded by a gentleman named Sam . Worked for them for over 11 years, showed up H***, High Water, Tornadoes, Cracked ribs, drug myself in, I believed in THEM, did they reurn the FAVOR? Nope, a full wallet has no conscience, consequently we Did Part company. Oh I miss my customers, especially the regulars, my former work area looks worse than a train wreck , try to not to look when I shop there, I do not miss the ungreatful lying for their own gain supervisors I had. Might have bowed under, dropped my case without a whimper,but one came up to me one day , stated "Why should we pay you anything, you don't work for us any more, why don't you just disappear from sight? " honey I do have strawberry blonde(golden red) hair, grew each and every strand myself, not that fakey rose-gold from a box shade she was wearing. Now don't get me wrong,it is pretty,on many ladies but not with an ugly bulldog face. When I did still work there, I often thought I KNOW who her mama slept with.
But I am not the compliant sweet tempered person who buckled under, kept her mouth shut for the good of the COMPANY. Throw me down a challenge like THAT , and like Dee Snider of Twisted Sister " We ain't gonna take it anymore!: I thanked her for her observation, told her I had other things to do and left her standing with her ugly mouth hanging open in the middle of the Produce Section. Went home ,called my extremely competent Columbus Lawyer and Said " Let's Rock" , after 2 and a half that Corporate Turnip will bleed, bleed, bleed. And although it does reflect badly on the local store, the money ultimately comes from the Head Honchos at Corporate. And after any outstanding bills are paid, I have a few little projects to plow money into. When it happens I may tell ALL about it, just keep tuned!

I don't know how you do it. I have one relatively minor complication and I am like MY WORLD IS ENDING, LIFE IS SO UNFAIR. And you are just plowing right along. You are my hero. lol!

Danke leibling, in the midst of bewilderment I do try.
Did I ever tell you my story of why I am a 🐝bumblebee?
Okay Thebumblebee is aerodynamically impossible, his little wings are too short to hold up his fat little body. But no one EVER TOLD him this so he just keeps on flying.
People thought it was much too late in life for me to attempt surgery, let alone be successful. And like the bumblebee I just keep on flying and flying, trying to fly a straight course, trying to achieve a ✌ victory against all the doubters, nay-sayers and ones with flyswatters who wanted to put me down. And it has been a bitter, hard-won victory, I used to want to be like this one or that one,but finally I came to realize I am a good bumblebee,there is room for me to be me and that is Good Enough for me at the finish🐝

On 12/11/2018 at 9:57 AM, mousecat88 said:

I've noticed a bunch of people's stats lately and many of them show 100lbs or more down in under a year. (Most have starting weights around 300 or less). Is this typical? YES I AM COMPARING MYSELF TO OTHER PEOPLE. INB4 SOMEONE COMMENTS THAT I SHOULDN'T. lol. I feel like it's an impossible ways away!

I don't know if it's typical.

I started at 335, am 5'8" and a year later I think I was at about 210.
I am 19 months later and am at 163.

I am what you would call on the far end of the bell curve in terms of response to the sleeve.

Today marks my 6 weeks exactly and I am exactly 30lbs down from day of surgery. I do wish that we were all standardized in our weight loss rate so I could have a chart to follow. lol!

Like some of the others have mentioned, I take it how it comes to me. I did have a rough start and ended up hospitalized for a month, but I’ve been doing well every since. I’ve lost 116 lbs in nine months. I exercise 4-5 days a week and don’t overly focus on food other than to eat in moderation. I haven’t gone nuts on drastically reducing or cutting out any food groups. It’s great losing weight without the administrative overhead counting calories or mentally going through a “do/do not eat” checklist. 😊

1 hour ago, deltagirl93 said:

Like some of the others have mentioned, I take it how it comes to me. I did have a rough start and ended up hospitalized for a month, but I’ve been doing well every since. I’ve lost 116 lbs in nine months. I exercise 4-5 days a week and don’t overly focus on food other than to eat in moderation. I haven’t gone nuts on drastically reducing or cutting out any food groups. It’s great losing weight without the administrative overhead counting calories or mentally going through a “do/do not eat” checklist. 😊

I don't count calories or anything. BUT, I eat the exact same food every day because I am on bland puree for 10 weeks (possibly longer... we will see). It's just easier to eat the same thing. I know that what I am eating equates to roughly 400 calories a day. Everything is low-fat and low-carb. I have a yogurt for Breakfast, a hardboiled egg as a snack, 2oz of meat for lunch, and a soy shake. Sometimes a tablespoon of cream cheese. That's every day. lol. Dietitian and surgeon are good with that given the ulcer. Again, they are happy with my progress and everything... it's just me being scared it's "not going to work" or I will "never" reach my goal. I'm just getting started with exercise... just officially got totally cleared today.

Edited by mousecat88

I've lost a little over 70lbs in a little over 10 weeks. I fully expect to be down 100lbs by the 5 month mark. May be wishful thinking but that's my hope!

I started the process in late January of 2018, weighing in at 339. I had surgery in mid July and my weight was 302. I’m down 104lbs so from my starting weight, but only 69lbs (I think? I’m bad at math...) since surgery. It’s hard not to compare your journey to others. Now that my weight is getting to the lower side of the 200s, it’s coming off slower.

I know what I need to do to get back on my game. I’ve just been dealing with so much holiday-related anxiety and exhaustion. My plan is to not beat myself up over the next week and then kick my butt back into gear in the new year. It’s hard not to compare my weight loss rates to others who started at similar weights at different times, but just gotta stay focused on fighting your own demons, ya know?

I had to do a bunch of calculations coz I think in metric, but in 66 days (9 weeks, 3 days) I've lost 30.8 pounds (probably a few more coz I haven't weighed myself for a couple of days).

I'm a revision and apparently we lose slower, but I'll take it! I'm just happy to see the scales going on the right direction!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

kat410, i suspect you and I will be travelling on the same bell curve, similar start and my surgeon and I suspect it will take me 18 instead of 12 months to make MY GOAL. If this is true I will be happy also. Hard-one victories often are the sweetest.😝👍📦🎁

I tell myself that it will take the 18 months to get near my goal. Which would be April 1 2020. So far away! lol.

But if it takes me until March 2020. YOU will still have me struggling through with YOU! 😝&😝

On 12/21/2018 at 16:41, mousecat88 said:

I tell myself that it will take the 18 months to get near my goal. Which would be April 1 2020. So far away! lol.

This is gonna sound crazy, but I hope I hit my goal by 18 months, because I want them to say we can try to get pregnant. Just gotta keep working at it I guess. That gives me a year to try and shed this last 60-70lbs!