Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Progress or the lack of

Hey guys just wanted to check in. I know I have not been on very much. I've been dealing with weight gain and loss it's been up and down a lot, I know the holidays don't help but any thoughts would be helpful I've been up to 230 then down to 221 . I believe it was now back up to 226 as of today that's been up and down and I'm just not sure what's going on. I did have gallbladder surgery recently, learning that red meats not my friend. Any thoughts would be really really helpful thank you

Sent from my SM-J737A using BariatricPal mobile app

19 minutes ago, Glen Dean said:

Hey guys just wanted to check in. I know I have not been on very much. I've been dealing with weight gain and loss it's been up and down a lot, I know the holidays don't help but any thoughts would be helpful I've been up to 230 then down to 221 . I believe it was now back up to 226 as of today that's been up and down and I'm just not sure what's going on. I did have gallbladder surgery recently, learning that red meats not my friend. Any thoughts would be really really helpful thank you

In all seriousness, check into Intermittent Fasting. When I stalled out hard around 230... it was Intermittent Fasting that allowed me to get down to 206, I'm fighting getting lower, but 25ish extra lbs from fighting at 230... I'll take it. I'm doing a "light" IF, I pretty much only eat between 8am and 6pm. Check into it, there are a few threads around here, it really REALLY did help out with getting me down to where am I now, it might help you out as well.

In all seriousness, check into Intermittent Fasting. When I stalled out hard around 230... it was Intermittent Fasting that allowed me to get down to 206, I'm fighting getting lower, but 25ish extra lbs from fighting at 230... I'll take it. I'm doing a "light" IF, I pretty much only eat between 8am and 6pm. Check into it, there are a few threads around here, it really REALLY did help out with getting me down to where am I now, it might help you out as well.
Matt your awesome, thanks for the tip. I really do appreciate you.

I will give the intermittent fasting a go.

I feel like I get stuck in stalls for weeks and I do not think I am eating too much. I started at 240, had surgery in early July, and for the last 6 weeks I have only lost 4 pounds. I am at 201 now. I was hoping to be at 185 by now. Any tips? I gave up bread, I am exercising, and lifting 3-4 days a week. I also think I am keeping calories under 1000 a day. Any helpful suggestions appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays.

Hello Tom

One key thingnI have learned is that muscle weighs more than fat. If you are working out and building muscle then.uour doing great. Your nody fat eill drop and your kean mass will increase. Problem with tjis is the scale has no way of telling the difference.

I hope this helps. Thank you for your response.

Praying you have a great and Merry Christmas.

Blessing to you and yours.

Glen-

I hope you are right. I am trying not to get discouraged. Had a bad week a few weeks ago, and the scale went up, so I got back on the program. I feel much better and don't ever want to go back, so that helps keep me motivated as well.,

Best wished to you and yours this holiday season. Thanks for the support.

Im sure that has to be it.

Stay the cores, you will find that the weight will come off or you will see a change in how your clothing fits you.

Stay the corse my friend.

4 hours ago, TomC said:

I feel like I get stuck in stalls for weeks and I do not think I am eating too much. I started at 240, had surgery in early July, and for the last 6 weeks I have only lost 4 pounds. I am at 201 now. I was hoping to be at 185 by now. Any tips? I gave up bread, I am exercising, and lifting 3-4 days a week. I also think I am keeping calories under 1000 a day. Any helpful suggestions appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays.

If you are exercising and lifting as you say, your calories are probably too low. My nutritionist had me up my calories from 900 to 1300. I usually hit it at +/- 100 calories of that daily. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week where I run and lift those days spending about 90 minutes there, on my non gym days I walk for 2-3 miles.

The nutritionist told me I need the extra calories if working out, if not the body holds on to what it can for survival. You may want to speak to a nutritionist that works with bariatric patients.