Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Like Before and After photos but for your footwear!

A lot of us change shoe size after surgery, (go down in size and width!) but even more interestingly we become more daring also, trading in flats for stilettos, crocks for running sneakers or even flip flops for closed toe...

If you've had a changes some to your shoe game (or anticipate new shoes & goal shoes) , please share with us your experience and maybe even a photo!

Edited by GreenTealael

I'll kick this off lol

The heeled boots were presurgery and I was amazed they were so comfortable I bought 3 pairs. I lived in these, all day running around in heels. They were amazing.

Now, post surgery I have one last unworn pair that are too loose and uncomfortable to wear without 2 pair of socks 😢

I try on a lot of different shoes but pretty much exclusively wear the ones in the second picture. They are a half size smaller and made for walking. Everywhere.

Screenshot_2018-12-09-09-49-40~2.png

IMG_6027.JPG

Managed these through a 4-hour cocktail party, previously would’ve looked for a wedge. Wore them around the store for 30 minutes just in case, but they worked out!

D3C1D934-C433-4EAF-ACBA-E93E91DC8F89.jpeg

And I’m experiencing the same thing with boots - all the awesome boots I own are now a LITTLE too roomy all round. So I went a half size down and it’s a perfect fit.

Edited by sideeye

3 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Managed these through a 4-hour cocktail party, previously would’ve looked for a wedge. Wore them around the store for 30 minutes just in case, but they worked out!

D3C1D934-C433-4EAF-ACBA-E93E91DC8F89.jpeg

And I’m experiencing the same thing with boots - all the awesome boots I own are now a LITTLE too roomy all round. So I went a half size down and it’s a perfect fit.

Those shoes are gorgeous ❤

This is a non-scale-victory that never crossed my mind. Between a lifetime of working on my feet and being obese, heels haven't even crossed my mind in years. Pretty shoes will now be another motivator to work hard at losing.

I have always bought some heels and wedges and never wore them. I think it was a mental thing to have them.. who knows if next year I wont actually wear ones I buy lol

The first thing that stopped fitting me was my pair of tall boots. Which makes me sad because it's too early to think about buying new ones and they're my perfect shoe for work in winter.

Wow on one side NSV Yippee I got Me one, on the other side, Darn I really liked them 👢 do I use them for storage? In my case I. have a cat with dog-like syndrome, she parks her toys in my shoes to play with later. Taken. to shaking things out before wearing them ! Drat you Squeaky!🐯snicker-snicker-meow!

Inexpensive. gaudy and ridiculous. So obviously I love them. Some teen store at the mall was selling these for super cheap

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

20190318_093414.jpg

20190318_093645.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

My new rain boots I ordered online actually fit over my calves!!

43386B34-59F0-4623-8013-9DDCB8BFB24A.jpeg

26 minutes ago, DanaC84 said:

27 minutes ago, DanaC84 said:

So cute i love the flower pattern. I haven't even thought about rain boots in forever. I need a pair...

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

So cute i love the flower pattern. I haven't even thought about rain boots in forever. I need a pair...

I probably wouldn’t either if it wasn’t for my daughter and DIL’s. They all wear them with leggings or skinny jeans and they look so stinkin’ cute !!!

I've also gone down half a shoe size, and can spend a day in heels and not want to die. 🤣

Also had to ditch my wide calf boots.

boots.thumb.JPG.2decfbe48fc1df1f5a5dd8375075ba21.JPG

IMG_0639.thumb.jpg.1c44c9c1f8f4cb602c2cb6ceb039fecc.jpg

Inexpensive. gaudy and ridiculous. So obviously I love them. Some teen store at the mall was selling these for super cheap
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
20190318_093414.thumb.jpg.ff87723d77f9028c5d722c80ca77b33e.jpg
20190318_093645.thumb.jpg.ab3b29e5a86caac86bff81a59fb8baa2.jpg
Fabulous!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app