Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diarrhea Cha CHa CHAAA

Started my pre op Diet last Thursday and have been non stop Water factory out my rear end.. Diet is the basic 4-5 shakes a day broth water 2 cups of steamed veggies a day.. I have been doing Premier Protein shakes (4-5 a day) Carrots and Cauliflower steamed veggies (2 cup a day) Cup or 2 of Bone Broth a day and the recommended water amount.. Mt stomach issues started on day 3 and has kept me 3 steps away form the toilet ever since.. Help please........!

!giphy.gif

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

Your body is doing a cleanse. It's not enjoyable, but it's not harmful. Hope you don't have to remain far from the throne. Just keep with the program while your bowels continue to shake and bake. We'll be here for the good, the bad, and the not so pretty sounding.

Starting weight: 400lb (understandable)

Current weight: 400lb (understandable)

Goal weight: 400lb (Are you sure about this one?)

I see that your surgery is Dec. 19. How did you decide on the sleeve, if I may ask?

And are you really 141 years old? (Check your profile page)

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

32 minutes ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

Your body is doing a cleanse. It's not enjoyable, but it's not harmful. Hope you don't have to remain far from the throne. Just keep with the program while your bowels continue to shake and bake. We'll be here for the good, the bad, and the not so pretty sounding.

Starting weight: 400lb (understandable)

Current weight: 400lb (understandable)

Goal weight: 400lb (Are you sure about this one?)

I see that your surgery is Dec. 19. How did you decide on the sleeve, if I may ask?

And are you really 141 years old? (Check your profile page)

Yeah I totally signed up and dove right into the forums reading thing's and forgot to get my profile right thanks for the heads up.. LOL

My decision on the sleeve is really an easy one for me.. Most of my life I was into lifting and always carried my weight like a short stocky power lifter most weight being in the gut area... I was around 320 until 35 and suffered an accident that kept me away from the gym. That along with traveling a lot for my job living out of hotels at the time turned into bad habits and late night drunkin cheese burger sessions. I had recently started back up fast walking doing DDP yoga and watching my diet.. But I simply cannot eat enough to ever feel full. Not eating so much I feel sick or anything but i can put the food away and still feel hunger.. Plus my old age is not working with me and it's only going to get worse. My father and his father before him went thru the exact same thing in there early 40's. SO I think VSG can help cure the hunger issues and when I get back down to a lower weight help keep it off..

I understand about the weight loss decision, just not the decision regarding the sleeve vs a gastric bypass.

Defiantly not interested in Gastric bypass. My doctor spoke to me about both procedures and the VSG seemed to be the best fit for me.. I have good eating habits just over eating issues. I don't suffer from Type 2 diabetes (have had some recent evolving issues) no severe sleep apnea, I don't really have any underlying heath issues except Thyroid and VSG will be my tool to help me suppress the craving's and help me loose weight.

Edited by Andy_xy

Vsg is a restriction tool and will not necessarily reduce your cravings or get rid of your hunger. If you look through these forums you'll see that many people are still experiencing both hunger and cravings after surgery.
Sorry to hear about your diarrhea. Personally I think having it pour out is better than being clogged up but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Oct517 said:

Vsg is a restriction tool and will not necessarily reduce your cravings or get rid of your hunger. If you look through these forums you'll see that many people are still experiencing both hunger and cravings after surgery.
Sorry to hear about your diarrhea. Personally I think having it pour out is better than being clogged up but that's just me.

I don’t have the cravings issue I don’t sit around and salivate about eating cheese burgers. My issue was over eating because I used to be a super fast eater. The restriction is what I felt would work the best for me.

I don’t have the cravings issue I don’t sit around and salivate about eating cheese burgers. My issue was over eating because I used to be a super fast eater. The restriction is what I felt would work the best for me.
Okay, im glad to hear that. I was basing my response off your "SO I think VSG can help cure the hunger issues and when I get back down to a lower weight help keep it off" comment

10 hours ago, Andy_xy said:

I chose the sleeve for the exact same issues and it worked great for me. I lost 100 lbs. in 8 months. It's all about the best solution for your personal issues. Best of luck!

(I revised to RnY later because of reflux issues, but that's a whole other issue. I'm finding it very hard to adapt. I think the sleeve was easier for controlling amounts.)

Defiantly not interested in Gastric bypass. My doctor spoke to me about both procedures and the VSG seemed to be the best fit for me.. I have good eating habits just over eating issues. I don't suffer from Type 2 diabetes (have had some recent evolving issues) no severe sleep apnea, I don't really have any underlying heath issues except Thyroid and VSG will be my tool to help me suppress the craving's and help me loose weight.
That's my biggest reason as well for choosing sleeve over bypass. I have other reasons that aren't ground in logic, but it's my body and I'm the one that has to live in it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was and have been on the Constipation side of things since my pre-diet , through my RnY surgery and up to now. I THINK I really would prefer loose to💩lumpiness.