Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

Some random stuff

My hair is growing back, that's the good news. The bad news is, it looks insane, all this hair sticking up all over my head! Also, I was oblivious to this, until I get to a hotel with good lighting in the bathroom. I wish life were more dimly lit! No more worries about crazy hair or pooling thigh skin! :blush:

I maybe had my first dumping incident last night? Had dinner, nothing unusual for me, taco, cheese with chorizo, rice, Beans, beer. Then was offered free Baileys. Who am I to turn down free!? Well, almost finished and started to feel nauseous. Then a few minutes later the cramps started. I've felt slightly nauseous before eating something sweet, but it usually passes in about 15 minutes. But this was me in a fetal position for 2 hrs until the cramping mostly stopped. No other symptoms, didn't puke, no runs, just a couple of hours of misery. I think I have had Bailey's post op. Not positive, but it is something I sometimes order if I'm on a plane and want something sweet. Whatever it was, I'm swearing off Baileys for now, even if it's free!

32 minutes ago, stacy@5 said:

As of December 18th I am 7 months out. My HW 246, GW 160, CW 152!! The things I need to work on now is snacking (I try to do healthy snacking, but it don’t always happen that way)! I haven’t gotten to crazy with it but, my thoughts are I don’t want to go back to the way I used to be! I go to the gym straight after work at least 3 days a week, but during long breaks I don’t go because my job and gym are an hour away (which sucks) but living out in the country I have no other choice! So my next step is to find some exercise, weight training and yoga I can and will do at home!! This is extremely important to me!! The next thing is to continue looking and finding healthy recipes that I love and to learn to meal prep!! The only thing is I don’t like many kinds of left over meat!! Like they said the hard work really begins when you begin trying to maintain and knowing you can’t go back to the way things were and expect different results!! Hair loss is a big thing for me, which most people say they can’t tell it but they just don’t know what I have to do to my scalp (in the front and a little on the sides) to cover up these thin spots!! That spray on cover color is my best friend at the moment!! Happy New Year to all of you and I hope 2019 will be an even better year for you!!!

Welcome!!! Ok, spill it! What color/brand of spray on color do you use? I am right there with you. I presently use this "eye shadow" for your scalp, then set it with hairspray (Big Sexy Hair). I use dark brown and kinda scrub it in. Then I also use the BSH volumizer powder to "fump it up". I also do backcomb close to the head and set it in with a straightening Iron, so it lasts a couple of days. Ugh! I used to have such thick hair.

Congrats on being below goal girl!!!! Woooohoooo!!! (And quit snacking! ;) Eat 2-3 meals per day and be done with it!!)

1 hour ago, Roxine said:

Update to sizing discussion. I went back to Dress Barn today because my 4 jeans were getting baggy - in Dress Barn sizes, these are a size 2 jean.

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

CONGRATS, soon you'll be size 0!

43 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Some random stuff

My hair is growing back, that's the good news. The bad news is, it looks insane, all this hair sticking up all over my head! Also, I was oblivious to this, until I get to a hotel with good lighting in the bathroom. I wish life were more dimly lit! No more worries about crazy hair or pooling thigh skin! :blush:

I maybe had my first dumping incident last night? Had dinner, nothing unusual for me, taco, cheese with chorizo, rice, Beans, beer. Then was offered free Baileys. Who am I to turn down free!? Well, almost finished and started to feel nauseous. Then a few minutes later the cramps started. I've felt slightly nauseous before eating something sweet, but it usually passes in about 15 minutes. But this was me in a fetal position for 2 hrs until the cramping mostly stopped. No other symptoms, didn't puke, no runs, just a couple of hours of misery. I think I have had Bailey's post op. Not positive, but it is something I sometimes order if I'm on a plane and want something sweet. Whatever it was, I'm swearing off Baileys for now, even if it's free!

So real talk about beatification: will the Catholic Church accept me as the patron saint of VSG Dumpers if I'm still alive? How do I choose the image of me I want used? Should our member jackets have rhinestones or embroidery?

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Should our member jackets have rhinestones or embroidery?

Both! :P

4 hours ago, stacy@5 said:

As of December 18th I am 7 months out. My HW 246, GW 160, CW 152!! The things I need to work on now is snacking (I try to do healthy snacking, but it don’t always happen that way)! I haven’t gotten to crazy with it but, my thoughts are I don’t want to go back to the way I used to be! I go to the gym straight after work at least 3 days a week, but during long breaks I don’t go because my job and gym are an hour away (which sucks) but living out in the country I have no other choice! So my next step is to find some exercise, weight training and yoga I can and will do at home!! This is extremely important to me!! The next thing is to continue looking and finding healthy recipes that I love and to learn to meal prep!! The only thing is I don’t like many kinds of left over meat!! Like they said the hard work really begins when you begin trying to maintain and knowing you can’t go back to the way things were and expect different results!! Hair loss is a big thing for me, which most people say they can’t tell it but they just don’t know what I have to do to my scalp (in the front and a little on the sides) to cover up these thin spots!! That spray on cover color is my best friend at the moment!! Happy New Year to all of you and I hope 2019 will be an even better year for you!!!

Check out the recipes at Skinnytaste.com! I love them. If you sign up, you can even get weekly meal plans with shopping lists! All the recipes include nutritional information

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Holy smokes. Pace yourselves, ladies. LMAO. I'm at work and my phone starts going nuts. I look down, and see this:

Screenshot_20181231-145304_Email.jpg

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

So real talk about beatification: will the Catholic Church accept me as the patron saint of VSG Dumpers if I'm still alive? How do I choose the image of me I want used? Should our member jackets have rhinestones or embroidery?

Nope, you've gotta be dead. It's in the rules 😂 I vote embroidery!

On 12/31/2018 at 13:30, BlueCrush said:

Holy smokes. Pace yourselves, ladies. LMAO. I'm at work and my phone starts going nuts. I look down, and see this:

Screenshot_20181231-145304_Email.jpg

Try being away for a day or two!! Yikes! Lots of catch up on. 😆🤣

A great group!

7 hours ago, sillykitty said:

My hair is growing back, that's the good news. The bad news is, it looks insane, all this hair sticking up all over my head! Also, I was oblivious to this, until I get to a hotel with good lighting in the bathroom.

I'm so jealous that your hair is growing back. Mine is falling out by the handful again, probably because of the second surgery! I'll look like Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future soon!

image.png.f6d739fc17a947995aca9b2d63b06c29.png

Oh my sweet bippy, I certainly hope not, I am afraid I will resemble that worlds ugliest dog on Yahoo except I don't have his overbite.

FluffyChix it is L’Oréal Magic Root Cover Up Spray!! I love it!! I also tried the powder kind, but I like this a lot better!!!

@sideeye

Girl!!! Where's our new thread already? :D :D :D You're the boss of it, so go get it going. I'll post like a ho over there!

IT IS DONE. Ho away:

Hopefully jamming the mission statement up there in the title will work.

Holy smokes. Pace yourselves, ladies. LMAO.

It's addiction transference, we know no pacing. Better that we're addicted to a message board rather than drugs or sex? (Though some of us are actively working on transferring to the latter.)

--thread fin --

Edited by sideeye