Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

I plan on getting plastics. I was a full Tummy Tuck I have so much loose skin there. And I would like a breast lift. My boobs are very sad these days. lol My doctor said he would be comfortable with my proceeding with plastics at 14 months!

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

But really I should go to the gym first...

Me, too!

22 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Me, too!

I need to be thoroughly sorted... I need someone in my house screaming at me drill sergeant style

Edited by GreenTealael

On 12/11/2018 at 5:59 AM, sideeye said:

I may still have kids

Yeah, this is a concern of mine too. My bio clock is just about out of time. A year ago I wrote off the possibility. But who knows what will happen with not a boyfriend. But a year from now, theings will hopefully be clearer.

So my take away from this discussion is, I want more ps than anyone else. I wonder if it's that I'm such a mess, or if I share @GreenTealael's unattainable goals :blush:

On 12/6/2018 at 11:14 AM, sillykitty said:

Topic for discussion ... this is going to be controversial

Hydration - Why?

On this thread we have some big hydration proponents. Fluid minimums of 64 oz is one of the few commonalities all WLS programs seem to have. I get hydration as a way to suppress one's appetite. But 64 oz or even more is often advocated as necessary for basic bodily functions. But surely many (most?) people fall short of that every day. What are the consequences, besides the obvious critical dehydration.

Confession time. I'm not a hydrater. I drink very little most day, always have. I'm rarely thirsty. Most days I would estimate I average about 20 oz of fluids. During most of my WLS journey I focused on getting to 64 oz, I didn't make it most days, but was generally higher than my "lifetime average".

Why am I able to function on so little fluids? My labs are always perfect, other than being overweight, I've had no health issues. I'm by all standards chronically dehydrated, but yet I feel good and am healthy by all measures.

Am I an anomaly? Does most of the world really get 64 oz + everyday? If not, why are there no obvious consequences?

@Matt Z

In another thread you mentioned studies showing 90 oz + being necessary. Do you have those handy? I'd love to read them!

On 12/11/2018 at 10:36 AM, sideeye said:

Oh, I should mention that what made me think of this topic at all was the possibility of a breast lift. Not a fan of augmentation, but if I lose much more in my chest things are going to get... pendulous.

An ode to pendulums... When it's all said and done I just want to look like this...

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

An ode to pendulums... When it's all said and done I just want to look like this...

I would need different parents, different genetics! :lol:

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

I would need different parents, different genetics! :lol:

Nah. A good plastics team, a generous sponsor and a great harness crew. 😉

23 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Yeah, this is a concern of mine too. My bio clock is just about out of time. A year ago I wrote off the possibility. But who knows what will happen with not a boyfriend. But a year from now, theings will hopefully be clearer.

So my take away from this discussion is, I want more ps than anyone else. I wonder if it's that I'm such a mess, or if I share @GreenTealael's unattainable goals :blush:

My baby mill is shut down... I have another good 6 years before a child of mine tells me I'm a Grandma, so I'm going to need to get these plastics before that happens...

Screenshot_2018-12-12-21-54-36~2.png

Edited by GreenTealael

17 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case, I think it has to do with being older. Plastics is an "investment". You younger pups have more time to reap the benefits

3 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case, I think it has to do with being older. plastics is an "investment". You younger pups have more time to reap the benefits

Young pup 😂 😂 😂

I think being vain, and being single come into play for me. Oh, and I really really want to wear sheath dresses, damn it!

1 hour ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case, I think it has to do with being older. plastics is an "investment". You younger pups have more time to reap the benefits

I feel the same way even though I am considering face/neck lift but the rest of it is just going to have to stay the way it is because there are lots of better things I can use that money for.

4 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I think being vain, and being single come into play for me

Ditto. Vain, single and with disposable income. Also frankly, it sounds like sillykitty and I have similar work roles, and there is a definite advantage in my role at least to being pulled-together (in this case literally, with sutures). Still very much on the fence about this whole thing, but I can't deny that since posting this topic I've noticed a LOT of stuff that I would be interested in altering...

That said, I still need to go swimming and see what bounces back independently. I generally have good skin that looks years younger than my actual age - genetics, don't fail me now!

TGIF everyone!!! Any big weekend plans? We have 2 parties to attend plus a ton of baking. *sigh* LOL. And you know life stuff. Do you feel/get overwhelmed with it all? Does your new/gently broken-in anatomy help or hinder?

12 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

TGIF everyone!!! Any big weekend plans? We have 2 parties to attend plus a ton of baking. *sigh* LOL. And you know life stuff. Do you feel/get overwhelmed with it all? Does your new/gently broken-in anatomy help or hinder?

My youngest graduates from college tomorrow!!! Yippee!!!