Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

4 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Thanks, what an inspiration! She definitely knows how to reach for the stars!

New Crush (I've had it for a long time, but it's just a re-awakened desire for the peppery little feathery leaves!)

Who knew baby arugula was such a beguiling and charming little coquette?

image.png.26dec75ed7542d108827f10e76ca6f83.png

I will add it to everything that stands still and dress it with a tiny spritz of Dijon vinaigrette. I'd add it to Mr. F. or you if you stand still long enough!

Arugula an absurdly great nutrient bargain on its own!

image.png.8c0e4f3c431fc470b9825b0ac89b678c.png

I made an "egg foldup" for 2nd brekky, like a Spanish tortilla steamed with the lid on until done and puffy. Then topped with blackened turkey, BH lacy swiss, arugula and fresh basil. MI-T-FINE! Sorry no pics. I sucked it down too quickly...yeah on that whole mindful eating. I mindfully watched that my fingers did not get in the way as I shoved it down my pie hole.

image.png.b0c34defa90e48356455fe7e5cd5e1bf.png

Do you have any new food finds?

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

New Crush (I've had it for a long time, but it's just a re-awakened desire for the peppery little feathery leaves!)

Who knew baby arugula was such a beguiling and charming little coquette?

image.png.26dec75ed7542d108827f10e76ca6f83.png

I will add it to everything that stands still and dress it with a tiny spritz of Dijon vinaigrette. I'd add it to Mr. F. or you if you stand still long enough!

Arugula an absurdly great nutrient bargain on its own!

Have you ever had bresaola?

bresaola01.jpg.43fb93fa72e49807776a315e7a3a8a96.jpg

It's Italian cured beef. What prosciutto is to pork, bresaola is to beef.

This is how it is typically served in Rome and Tuscany, with arugula and parmigiano or pecorino. So good, salty, bitter, savory, peppery, a little sweet!

rucolabresaola.jpg.c734af21268ab411ec961988888fa025.jpg

On 12/8/2018 at 5:20 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

Per my cardiologist, the 64 oz. was the result of a single study, and used people who worked both indoors and out in the heat. That's why he doesn't hold to it.

Super interesting!

Isn't it funny everyone has heard 8 glasses of Water a day thier whole life, and even Dr.'s repeat it. But with no real (current?) research to back it up.

4 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Super interesting!

Isn't it funny everyone has heard 8 glasses of Water a day thier whole life, and even Dr.'s repeat it. But with no real (current?) research to back it up.

The conversation with the doc was several months ago. I'm thinking maybe it was a study to see how much liquid members of the military need, but I'm not positive on that.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, GreenTealael said:

Oh I didn't even consider alcohol, I meant juice soda etc...

Not really. I really have only liked diet soda and alcohol pre WLS. Never really drank juice, or anything else that wasn't diet soda or alcohol, or alcohol with mixer.

Now days, I get my fluids as a mix of Water (ugh!), diet soda, La Croix & Protein Shakes. The diet soda and La Croix are the most appealing, but nowhere near enough to drink 64 oz without a lot of focus and effort.

12 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Have you ever had bresaola?

bresaola01.jpg.43fb93fa72e49807776a315e7a3a8a96.jpg

It's Italian cured beef. What prosciutto is to pork, bresaola is to beef.

This is how it is typically served in Rome and Tuscany, with arugula and parmigiano or pecorino. So good, salty, bitter, savory, peppery, a little sweet!

rucolabresaola.jpg.c734af21268ab411ec961988888fa025.jpg

OMG! I forget about it all the time! We don't get good stuff here. Love that presentation of it!!!

I do love capicola and we can get "ok" stuff of it here.

image.png.5ad326b2e824ad4320d6a07a2e9e2fcc.png

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Oh man! So how long will it last once opened? :D I have visions of me sitting up at night with my eyes glued to Hallmark Channel, drinking wine from a bottle and taking bites out of this cuz I'm addicted to it and don't want to risk it going to waste/oxidizing. You know how sometimes dry cured salami tastes great freshly opened, then develops a "funk" about it the longer it is open?

Hey there, everyone...I'm baackkk! Weekend away with family. And drum roll please....

The horrible 3 week stall is over. Down 1.8#. Will take all 18 tenths of a pound, thank you very much!!!😊😀😆

Now off to get caught up on all the haps...

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh man! So how long will it last once opened? :D I have visions of me sitting up at night with my eyes glued to Hallmark Channel, drinking wine from a bottle and taking bites out of this cuz I'm addicted to it and don't want to risk it going to waste/oxidizing. You know how sometimes dry cured salami tastes great freshly opened, then develops a "funk" about it the longer it is open?

I'm not sure ... I mean it's cured, so you got some time at least!

Google also tells me that at least some Whole Foods carry it.

I eat it like little tacos, meat on the outside, arugula and parm on the inside :P

Just now, sillykitty said:

I'm not sure ... I mean it's cured, so you got some time at least!

Google also tells me that at least some Whole Foods carry it.

I eat it like little tacos, meat on the outside, arugula and parm on the inside :P

Oh yum! Hold me! I'ma go look at our Whole Foods to see. What a super idea!!! TY!

Do you know when the last time was that I saw a display on a scale that DIDN'T have the number "2" in it?

Eighteen years ago. Dear god.

image1.jpeg

And great idea for a thread - I was beginning to feel a little out of place, not a newbie but not a vet.

Edited by sideeye

Do you know when the last time was that I saw a display on a scale that DIDN'T have the number "2" in it?
Eighteen years ago. Dear god.
image1.jpeg.52f5e15e7abf7063ebb1a98cd3238551.jpeg

And great idea for a thread - I was beginning to feel a little out of place, not a newbie but not a vet.
Woot!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app