Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing up...

Worried about the fact that almost every time I eat. Even if I’m my opinion I’m not over eating. I keep gagging or having a food stuck feeling. Then I throw up. Almost everything I eat the past days.

Also simple things like Powerade zero and sometimes crystal light even make me sick or go to the bathroom a bunch. Or have stomach turning.

But I want something different than Water sometimes.

I also drink unsweet tea and occasionally will splash lemon juice or lemonade like Minute Maid into it at a soda fountain. But when I say splash. I mean splash. For the lemon flavor. But not so much that the sugars would make me dump or sick. Although sometimes I still worry about something setting it off.

Other than nausea and vomiting. I don’t recall dumping yet.
And I feel like I’d know.

This is your Auntie Frustr8 in Ohio, does your Doctor know this? My radar says Endoscopy time but I'm not a Grays Anatomy star let alone the Good Doctor, both lovely shows on ABC.

2 hours ago, BRYCE86 said:

Worried about the fact that almost every time I eat. Even if I’m my opinion I’m not over eating. I keep gagging or having a food stuck feeling. Then I throw up. Almost everything I eat the past days.

Also simple things like Powerade zero and sometimes crystal light even make me sick or go to the bathroom a bunch. Or have stomach turning.

But I want something different than Water sometimes.

I also drink unsweet tea and occasionally will splash lemon juice or lemonade like Minute Maid into it at a soda fountain. But when I say splash. I mean splash. For the lemon flavor. But not so much that the sugars would make me dump or sick. Although sometimes I still worry about something setting it off.

Other than nausea and vomiting. I don’t recall dumping yet.
And I feel like I’d know.

Call your surgeon's office.

I have had a CT scan and they said no blockage or issues. My NP knows what’s up. And I have been seen. I follow up in person December 14.

In the meantime I have nausea medication and am just stepping back to phase 2 and only the things in phase 3 that I didn’t feel bad with.

I’ve notice some dipping sauces trigger it. mayo. Mustard. Etc. not in that order.
And certain textures.

The worst feeling is the food feeling stuck feeling.
But like I said. The doctors I’ve seen said nothing looks backed up or blocked.

I planned to ask my doctor about letting carbonated stuff like flavored sparkling Water. Etc going flat if someone else didn’t know the answer on my follow up.

Absolutely do not do the letting carbonated Water go flat thing - that is a slippery slope.

And you shouldn't have unsweet tea. It has caffeine in it, still, which is dehydrating. And lemon is very acidic and irritating. Also, I am 5 weeks out and still can't have Powerade Zero because of the citric acid in it. Irritates my stomach.

Try MIO flavor enhancers or sugar free koolaid packets if you need something other than water. Or broths.

I had a severe issue with things feeling stuck/painful. They just did an endoscopy and I had an ulcer. You could also have a stricture. That wouldn't show up in a CT. You should have an endoscopy done. Vomiting is not normal.

Edited by mousecat88