Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Ellens531 said:

Good luck to all having surgery. I'll be one week out tomorrow. Feel better everyday

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! How is recovery?

Thank you! How is recovery?
First night was rough. I was soooooo thirsty and not allowed to drink more than 2 oz in 1 hour. Each day I got better. Today was my first day back at work. I'm still on clear which sucks. I was just allowed to try 1 oz of Protein Shake to see how it goes. I've done 2 oz and so far so good. It was nice to get a different flavor. I'm sick of sweet sugar free Jello and ice pops. Due to the holiday today, my follow up dr appt was moved to Wednesday. At that point I will be able to move to the next food phase which I'm excited about. I've been in clear over a week. You will do great, dont worry. I tried my hardest not to he nervous but at the hospital before surgery my BP was 188/95. Thankfully its gone down. Please try to sleep when you are tired so that you will have the energy to walk walk walk .

2 hours ago, Charlie2282 said:

👋 Hello, congratulations!!! Your a day before me! Exited, anxious, nervous and want the day to be here already.

My surgery was this morning. Feeling great. Been walking and able to drink plenty of fluids.

8 minutes ago, Ellens531 said:

First night was rough. I was soooooo thirsty and not allowed to drink more than 2 oz in 1 hour. Each day I got better. Today was my first day back at work. I'm still on clear which sucks. I was just allowed to try 1 oz of Protein Shake to see how it goes. I've done 2 oz and so far so good. It was nice to get a different flavor. I'm sick of sweet sugar free Jello and ice pops. Due to the holiday today, my follow up dr appt was moved to Wednesday. At that point I will be able to move to the next food phase which I'm excited about. I've been in clear over a week. You will do great, dont worry. I tried my hardest not to he nervous but at the hospital before surgery my BP was 188/95. Thankfully its gone down. Please try to sleep when you are tired so that you will have the energy to walk walk walk .

Thank you so much for the advice! It’s good to hear your doing better and back to work. Hope your recovery goes well!

I'm officially 2 weeks out and can start on soft foods! I planned on having a slice of turkey and cheese, but I had 1/5 of the cheese and it made me a little nauseous. It wasn't too bad and only lasted for a few minutes. Hopefully the salmon I'm making for dinner agrees more with my stomach.

I’m post op day 8 and burping has decreased a lot in the last 3 days.
That's nice to hear lol. I'm at day 5 and I'm still burping. I find that it has a lot to do with how I swallow. I almost have to create a vacuum in my mouth and then sip carefully to keep as much air out as possible, and that seems to help the burping. But lord that's hard to remember sometimes. I just want to drink darn it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks :) i think i was totally wrong when i said i hadnt felt much gas ... i think what i was feeling is just gas not passing so im hopeful it will and ill feel better:)
My gas pains would come and go and shift around. Sometimes right around my abdomen, but then they would move and settle near my shoulders. Sometimes I could feel them move and that is a freaky sensation lol. It was nice when they wore off because now I know that any crampy sensations are my stomach saying 'enough!'. At least that appears to be my new full signal, for now anyway.

Day 2 last night was ruff luckily they gave me morphine and slept like a baby by 11pm and then up by 4am. Just woke up from a nap draining tons but almost clear. They gave me some medications this morning my blood pressure has been a bit high at 145/86 then 30mins at 136/86 so they still have me in the floor monitoring me and by my next blood pressure check is still high they are gonna give me meds. we started the ice chips and it helped with the acid reflux but after a few chips I was full and stopped. So far my gas pin is on my left back side which I’m walking tons. I’m not hungry it mental hunger more than anything. Tomorrow I’ll have the leak test. I have to say the care here is super! The doctors and nurses have seen me a few times check my wounds and change my gauges a few times.

Had my surgery 1/15.

How is everyone that has had it so far feeling?
Is anyone else having any mental hunger? Like I look at food and I would love to eat it but I'm also not physically hungry at all.
Would love to hear how everyone else is doing, it's nice to know you're not the only one going through these lifestyle changes.
Yes. I want to eat all the food. Well, mostly I want to just chew something lol. But I haven't actually felt actual hunger since Thursday morning before surgery.

And I keep watching food network while I'm home recovering lol. Horrible idea, really, but honestly Cutthroat Kitchen doesn't really make me crave anything because all the results end up so weird lol. If something does sound really good, I Google how to make a low carb version. Or figure it out from what I've already tried, like zoodles or spaghetti squash. And then save it for a few months from now.

9 hours ago, Syrina said:

Yes. I want to eat all the food. Well, mostly I want to just chew something lol. But I haven't actually felt actual hunger since Thursday morning before surgery.

And I keep watching food network while I'm home recovering lol. Horrible idea, really, but honestly Cutthroat Kitchen doesn't really make me crave anything because all the results end up so weird lol. If something does sound really good, I Google how to make a low carb version. Or figure it out from what I've already tried, like zoodles or spaghetti squash. And then save it for a few months from now.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I think I'm struggling so much mentally since I'm not chewing anything that any food I see I'm like "yes I want to eat that" but just to chew it. I sound crazy oh my.

I had surgery, on the 15th and today I felt the same way I just wanted to chew something. I have my first follow up visit on Thursday. I will be happy to move on to the next stage.

I had my sleeve surgery 16 hrs ago. It’s been going pretty well. I’ve walked quite a bit, am able to tolerate liquids well and am urinating a lot. The pain is a little scary which I suppose is gas pains but they run from my chest to my shoulders so that is always a worrisome feeling.
One thing that’s been bothering me is my oxygen level. They had me on oxygen after surgery, then took me off a few hours later when my oxygenation level was around 95/96 but it dropped to 90 a few hours later and have me on the oxygen again. I suppose that worries me with the chest pains. The nurse just kind of shrugs. Anyone else have that?

Well had my surgery done yesterday morning, was great didn’t remember a thing. Been walking every two hours and have only skipped 4 oz of Water so far ..
have some pain like an 8 had some medicine for the pain . It 350 am and I’m up went for a walk but in a lil pain ..