Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op and this gas NEEDS. TO. GO. Otherwise I feel great and can bend and twist like an aerobics instructor. ;). But the gas?? It’s like a 50 pound weight. Ugh.

Had my surgery 1/15.

How is everyone that has had it so far feeling?
Is anyone else having any mental hunger? Like I look at food and I would love to eat it but I'm also not physically hungry at all.

Would love to hear how everyone else is doing, it's nice to know you're not the only one going through these lifestyle changes.

22 hours ago, JWied1 said:

Surgery Monday for me too! Not nervous, just anxious for it to be done!

Surgery tomorrow, 1/21, so I booked a hotel, here in Annapolis, so I don't have to travel tomorrow. Hospital says to be there at 0530.

Best of luck to us all.

Had my surgery 1/15.

Is anyone else having any mental hunger? Like I look at food and I would love to eat it but I'm also not physically hungry at all.
Would love to hear how everyone else is doing, it's nice to know you're not the only one going through these lifestyle changes.
I hear ya! Food commercials and smelling food makes me want it but I dont think I'm even hungry.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 01/20/2019 at 14:38, dar64r said:

I had my surgery Jan 14 . I definitely am hungry. But I have noticed even when I have Soup , I feel satisfied. But an hour later hungry again . I’m sure once we can have something solid , we will feel better.
I had mine 01/08. Few more days and I’m on soft solids. I def get hungry. Can’t wait to eat!

Surgery on 1/14 so glad the soreness is almost gone but I dread drinking my Protein Shakes I look at those two ounces like it’s the biggest mountain every morning and night.... I do Soup for lunch not at bad..... Water and me do really well but Protein is not friend anyone have any tips? That have help them? I can’t move on to my next stage till next Saturday so I’m open to any help I just get so full so fast!!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hi everyone!!! Super excited tomorrow is the day !!!!
Surgery day !!!!
So many emotions and did ok on my liquid diet but this clear liquid last day has been a lil rough. I think it’s bc I know this is it .. the last day of old me . And Tuesday morning is the first day of the rest of my life ... hubby is very nervous 😬 but I know I got this !!!
Anyone else is having surgery tomorrow?? Excited happy nervous omg so many things going on in my head ... can’t wait 😊

On 1/20/2019 at 1:10 AM, duhniece said:

Had my surgery 1/15.

I had surgery a week before you and can definitely relate, but it's gotten better. I went to the store today and it was surprisingly easy to ignore the food I couldn't have. I looked at it all as I was searching for what I needed, but didn't give it a second thought and kept on moving.

11 minutes ago, AngieG1976 said:

Surgery day !!!!
So many emotions and did ok on my liquid diet but this clear liquid last day has been a lil rough. I think it’s bc I know this is it .. the last day of old me . And Tuesday morning is the first day of the rest of my life ... hubby is very nervous 😬 but I know I got this !!!
Anyone else is having surgery tomorrow?? Excited happy nervous omg so many things going on in my head ... can’t wait 😊

I having mines tomorrow also just got my check in time....emotions all over the place

1 hour ago, newbegjo1219 said:

I having mines tomorrow also just got my check in time....emotions all over the place

1 hour ago, AngieG1976 said:

Surgery day !!!!

Mine is tomorrow too. Today I am really hungry but I also did ok on the liver diet. This weekend I've been "nervous cleaning" Particularly during food commercials. I keep getting up and cleaning, sorting, organizing away.

Congratulations!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches