Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just now, anonbaribabe said:

I have to walk 5x/day for 5-10 minutes at a time. And yeah, drinking is so hard right now. I've been sleeping so much that it honestly hasn't been a priority—I've just been focused on Water because I don't want to get dehydrated. Hopefully the anesthesia will have worn off more tomorrow and I won't be sleeping as much so that I can in more Water and Protein.

Are you allowed gasx, i have heard other people say it worked? Sorry for all the questions just curious and anxious since my surgery is coming soon. Hope your recovery goes well and congrats again

1 minute ago, newbegjo1219 said:

Are you allowed gasx, i have heard other people say it worked? Sorry for all the questions just curious and anxious since my surgery is coming soon. Hope your recovery goes well and congrats again

It's no problem! It's totally normal to have questions, I don't mind at all. I never asked about GasX, but I'm sure I would be allowed. I have heard though, that for some it doesn't work for this type of gas. Most of the gas from my stomach is finally gone, but there is a little bit still left in there. And thank you! I hope that after surgery you have a smooth recovery, as well!

9 hours ago, anonbaribabe said:

I have to walk 5x/day for 5-10 minutes at a time. And yeah, drinking is so hard right now. I've been sleeping so much that it honestly hasn't been a priority—I've just been focused on Water because I don't want to get dehydrated. Hopefully the anesthesia will have worn off more tomorrow and I won't be sleeping as much so that I can in more Water and Protein.

The anesthesia should have wore off by the time of your post. You sluggishness might be due to the narcotics they have you on. I switched over to Tylenol after the first day, and while a little more uncomfortable, I was steadier on my feet and less tired.

Edited by Johnny B

On 1/7/2019 at 7:41 PM, Leigh W said:

Mine is Thursday also. What do you have to do for the fast? I have the 2 week diet and then on Wed I stop eating at noon and go to Clear Liquids.

Headed to the hospital. Super nervous. Didn’t sleep last night. Wish me luck.

On 01/10/2019 at 06:47, NewKimm said:

Headed to the hospital. Super nervous. Didn’t sleep last night. Wish me luck.

Don’t be nervous, I know it’s hard to not be but this is such an amazing thing that you’re doing. Just remember to take it slow post-op.

Maybe B12? Just rest when you can and take care of yourself. You got this!

10 hours ago, Johnny B said:

The anesthesia should have wore off by the time of your post. You sluggishness might be due to the narcotics they have you on. I switched over to Tylenol after the first day, and while a little more uncomfortable, I was steadier on my feet and less tired.

Congrats Johnny. EZ does it. can u tell me or anyone, when do you start taking all the Vitamins ect? If the first week you on clear liquids.. do skip that first week?

Congrats Johnny. EZ does it. can u tell me or anyone, when do you start taking all the Vitamins ect? If the first week you on clear liquids.. do skip that first week?

As soon as you get home from the hospital.

40 minutes ago, Oregonway said:

I start taking a Multivitamin and calcium citrate about a week post-op.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:44 PM, newbegjo1219 said:

Congrats im on the 22nd felt exactly the same...excited and nervous all at the same time

I’m on the 21st. Same as you. Scared, nervous, excited. I will really rely on this group for help, comfort, support and encouragement.

On 12/22/2018 at 1:22 PM, melimel35089 said:

I’m new and was looking for the VSG surgery group for January!

I’m 34 two kids age 15 & 8, what made me go for it was I got tired of the yo-yo weight tired of the diets I mean I done it all too! Hcg diet with injections many rounds thru out the years, phentermine many times thru out the years, excessive training, etc all to gain it all back. But most recently was the loss of my 3 month pregnancy and gained all I lost back with no baby. So I just snapped and said hell with this. My insurance never wants to approve my surgery and I decided after much thought and research to go to Tijuana Mexico to Dr Almanza and my surgery is for 1/21. My mom had gastric by pass in 2015 my sister in 2013 my cousin vsg 2015 and all look great. At a comfortable weight in 2016 I had Tummy Tuck Lipo done in DR and although I don’t gain from those areas I sure gotten big in other areas.

My doctor has me doing 21 day high Protein low carb diet and then 6 day clear liquid diet can’t wait for the time to come. I had two good friends have bag with my doctor and look great! The cost is wonderful too.

Very important - please be advised if you haven't seen this already. Alex Breacher just posted an Alert since you mentioned you have surgery with Dr. Almanza on 1/21. He has two posts on the forum for notification.

______

On January 9, 2019, The CDC issued a Level 2 Alert about Drug-Resistant Infections at Dr. Almanza's Grand View Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico. The Mexican government has closed Grand View Hospital until further notice:

Key Points

• Recently, some US residents returning from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, were diagnosed with infections caused by an antibiotic-resistant form of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria.
  • All of the travelers with this particular infection had an invasive medical procedure performed in Tijuana. Most (but not all) of them had weight-loss surgery. About half of those infected had their surgery done at the Grand View Hospital.
  • Based on information provided by the CDC, the Mexican government has closed the Grand View Hospital until further notice.
  • CDC recommends that travelers to Tijuana, Mexico, not have surgery at the Grand View Hospital until the Mexican government can confirm that the drug-resistant form of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria is no longer there

We urge all BariatricPal members to stay far away from Dr. Almanza and Grand View Hospital.

I already know his story, thank you like I said previously to another poster. I also checked and nothing new has come up. I will ask for respect on my decision and that we can keep this post positive. I have gone over seas for surgery and have had good experience and if it doesn’t it’s mine decision. Thank you.

My surgery date us January 23rd! I'm so excited but starting to get nervous. So glad for this site!