Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From my lofty yet slippery perch, after 20+ weeks of liquids I'm going to the clear Protein waters, even if I have to dilute them half-and-half, I shall mentally call them. Good-for-You Koolaid. Check Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, Bariatric Pal Store, Sam's Club, costco. As last resort, Amazon- they are too wealthy for their own good, why enrich them any further?🍶☕🍵

How did surgery go? Was thinking about you! You did it! :)

1 hour ago, Leigh W said:

I need Protein Shake suggestions. I have ideal shape powder but it is too low calorie for after surgery. I have the ready to drink premier ones but they just upset my stomach. What other ones do you like?

Orgain is also not bad- but I have only had the chocolate. It's thinner than premier and a bit of a different flavor.

My surgeon recommended hpnr Bariatric Advantage

3 hours ago, Leigh W said:

I need Protein Shake suggestions. I have ideal shape powder but it is too low calorie for after surgery. I have the ready to drink premier ones but they just upset my stomach. What other ones do you like?

Id like to try Devotion Nutrition's angel food cake and their Flex Flavors. But, I've been using GENEPRO. 30 grams Protein in 1 tablespoon.

Hello! I’m really glad I found this app; I’ve been researching for months, however it’s great having people to ask who are going through the same experience. My surgery date is on 1/10 - less than 48 hours away. Nervous - yet really excited. I’ve been on a 2 week period diet consisting of Protein Shakes and fruits and vegetables the first week and nothing but Protein shakes the second way. Hasn’t been too bad and I’ve lost 14 lbs - so that’s a plus. Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone ever tried the Bear products Protein shakes/ Meal Replacements? 400 cal (oooph!) 20g Protein, 4g net carbs.

I bought some for the Post op phase but still thought the cal count may be a little high

2 hours ago, Mindyd2006 said:

Hello! I’m really glad I found this app; I’ve been researching for months, however it’s great having people to ask who are going through the same experience. My surgery date is on 1/10 - less than 48 hours away. Nervous - yet really excited. I’ve been on a 2 week period diet consisting of Protein Shakes and fruits and vegetables the first week and nothing but Protein shakes the second way. Hasn’t been too bad and I’ve lost 14 lbs - so that’s a plus. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck and hope all goes well

Hey all, wanted to give an update on my surgery.

When I got to the hospital, they first had me pee in a cup to make sure I wasn't pregnant. After that I got taken to a room where they asked me family history questions, etc. They also started an IV. I met with the anesthesioloist and he told me about the plan for surgery and asked if I had any questions. He also offered me some meds that would make me relax, which I gladly accepted. After that I was wheeled to the OR. I don't remember anything after that—the next thing I remember was waking up in a recovery bed. My stomach was sooo full of gas and I was super uncomfortable, but I wasn't allowed to walk around yet. Eventually, they let me walk a little bit because I had to go to the bathroom. After that they took me to my room—I don't remember much about that. I slept a lotttttt. My stomach was still in some pain, but it wasn't terrible. Throughout the night several people checked on me and took my vitals. After midnight I was able to have Water, which was great because my mouth was hella dry. This morning, I walked some and it was much easier than it was before. Today my stomach is sore, but it's more of discomfort than pain. I'm home and have absolutely no appetite. I'm sipping on water to keep me hydrated, but haven't started on Protein Shakes yet.

5 hours ago, anonbaribabe said:

Hey all, wanted to give an update on my surgery.

When I got to the hospital, they first had me pee in a cup to make sure I wasn't pregnant. After that I got taken to a room where they asked me family history questions, etc. They also started an IV. I met with the anesthesioloist and he told me about the plan for surgery and asked if I had any questions. He also offered me some meds that would make me relax, which I gladly accepted. After that I was wheeled to the OR. I don't remember anything after that—the next thing I remember was waking up in a recovery bed. My stomach was sooo full of gas and I was super uncomfortable, but I wasn't allowed to walk around yet. Eventually, they let me walk a little bit because I had to go to the bathroom. After that they took me to my room—I don't remember much about that. I slept a lotttttt. My stomach was still in some pain, but it wasn't terrible. Throughout the night several people checked on me and took my vitals. After midnight I was able to have Water, which was great because my mouth was hella dry. This morning, I walked some and it was much easier than it was before. Today my stomach is sore, but it's more of discomfort than pain. I'm home and have absolutely no appetite. I'm sipping on Water to keep me hydrated, but haven't started on Protein Shakes yet.

How are you feeling, are you able to walk around?

41 minutes ago, newbegjo1219 said:

How are you feeling, are you able to walk around?

Yes, I've been walking around whenever possible—I actually just sat down from doing laps around the house. It's definitely easier to walk today than it was yesterday. I was told that if I can't get up and walk around to do leg raises, but so far, walking hasn't been an issue. I also have been having someone help me up when I walk so I can put as little pressure on my core as possible.

7 minutes ago, anonbaribabe said:

Yes, I've been walking around whenever possible—I actually just sat down from doing laps around the house. It's definitely easier to walk today than it was yesterday. I was told that if I can't get up and walk around to do leg raises, but so far, walking hasn't been an issue. I also have been having someone help me up when I walk so I can put as little pressure on my core as possible.

That is great how often do you have to walk around? And i hope you are able to get some protien in

2 minutes ago, newbegjo1219 said:

That is great how often do you have to walk around? And i hope you are able to get some protien in

I have to walk 5x/day for 5-10 minutes at a time. And yeah, drinking is so hard right now. I've been sleeping so much that it honestly hasn't been a priority—I've just been focused on Water because I don't want to get dehydrated. Hopefully the anesthesia will have worn off more tomorrow and I won't be sleeping as much so that I can in more water and Protein.