Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello there! My gastric sleeve surgery is set for January 15th at 7 a.m. I am both looking forward to it with excitement and also completely terrified, LOL.

Sent from my H60-L04 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, LustyDraconianMaid said:

Hello there! My gastric sleeve surgery is set for January 15th at 7 a.m. I am both looking forward to it with excitement and also completely terrified, LOL.

Congrats on your date. You're on your way to new you.

Congrats on your date. You're on your way to new you.
Thank you, thank you!

3 minutes ago, LustyDraconianMaid said:

Hi surgery Twin! I don't know the time of my surgery but I mine is scheduled for the 15th as well! I must also point out that as a Dragon, I approve of your username. Much better than an Argonian maid!

Ok I got question for everyone but I understand if no one responses due to its person.
While introducing the Protein Drinks into your pre-pre-op diet has anyone found themselves having difficulty Bowel Movements?

I see we have a lot us having surgery on 1/15! We are on a count down!!!

Hi surgery Twin! I don't know the time of my surgery but I mine is scheduled for the 15th as well! I must also point out that as a Dragon, I approve of your username. Much better than an Argonian maid!
Ahhh, you got the reference! XD I love dragons and all kinds of fantasy creatures, and I couldn't pass up on the twist for that name!

Ok I got question for everyone but I understand if no one responses due to its person.
While introducing the Protein drinks into your pre-pre-op diet has anyone found themselves having difficulty Bowel Movements?
I have tried doing the pre op diet several times, though not completely if that makes sense? I initially started the diet as a way of getting used to the way I would have to be eating prior to the surgery and after since the diets are very similar. Basically what my nutritionist wanted me to do was do the vlcd for two weeks at a time and then go back to just a normal low calorie diet. Each and every time I had trouble with bowel movements, particularly with Constipation. It seems like I will have to grab some sort of medicine to help with that as well since it's already starting with the latest run of the pre op diet. :/

I have tried doing the pre op diet several times, though not completely if that makes sense? I initially started the diet as a way of getting used to the way I would have to be eating prior to the surgery and after since the diets are very similar. Basically what my nutritionist wanted me to do was do the vlcd for two weeks at a time and then go back to just a normal low calorie diet. Each and every time I had trouble with bowel movements, particularly with Constipation. It seems like I will have to grab some sort of medicine to help with that as well since it's already starting with the latest run of the pre op diet. :/

I grabbed a generic stool softener from Walmart, I take it with my evening meds. Just the high protein/low carb 1200 calorie pre-pre-op diet has already started to stop me up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Doing my high Protein low carb diet around 800 calories a day, and no meat during the week I definitely need to drink a **** tone of Water in order to have a proper daily ****! A gallon does the trick. It's going to be hell not drinking a gallon a day after WLS. Ah first world country problems.

Edited by LadySin