Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my gastric bypass in December 2006 at UC Davis Medical Center. My experience of the actual surgery was horrific to say the least!!! My surgeon, Dr. Fuller, did a liver biopsy once he went in to make sure that my liver could handle it, as they do with all patients they said. Well after the surgery they gave me the blood thinner to prevent clotting in legs and my body over reacted to it causing major blood loss somehow throughout the night. No one realized it was happening until the next morning when the doctors came to do first round. When they entered my room they immediately ordered a blood panel stat, it showed the I had lost so much blood I had to have an emergency blood transfusion that almost cause me to have a heart attack. I was then rushed to OR to be cut open from chest bone to bellybutton to find bleed and stop it. Because of this I have had multiple complications and surgeries along with other medical issues. Have I lost weight and kept off? Yes, however I live with pain everyday! I tried to sue the Doctors but UCD made sure to hold off on getting my records to me until after the statue of limitations...

I suggest anyone looking to have this surgery, make sure you look at everything you can about ALL doctors who may be involved!!!

dang, Even I found myself cringing while reading this, and I have zero sensitivity when it come to "gore" That was a horrible experience sis! Must have took some damn fine fortitude to make it where you are today, and you're still doing it! I probably would have used that as an excuse to fall back to poor habit. I hate you're suffering. I'm glad you're hear to tell us about it.

That is horrific

3 hours ago, LadySin said:

dang, Even I found myself cringing while reading this, and I have zero sensitivity when it come to "gore" That was a horrible experience sis! Must have took some damn fine fortitude to make it where you are today, and you're still doing it! I probably would have used that as an excuse to fall back to poor habit. I hate you're suffering. I'm glad you're hear to tell us about it.

Thank you! It has definitely been a rough road! I am happy about how I look though so it wasn’t all bad I guess, lol. The pain is a price I paid for losing weight haha

2 hours ago, KimTriesRNY said:

Thank you for coming here and only posting a negative experience.

👍

I’m hoping that you are being serious and not sarcastic lol. The way I see it is that people also need to know all possibilities, not just the happily ever after.

Yes I am happ with the weight loss, but due to all of the complications, I have been placed on permanent disability and am no longer able to support financially with my husband, so it has definitely changed my life in more ways than one lol

1 minute ago, Harleeraesmommy said:

Thank you! It has definitely been a rough road! I am happy about how I look though so it wasn’t all bad I guess, lol. The pain is a price I paid for losing weight haha

I’m hoping that you are being serious and not sarcastic lol. The way I see it is that people also need to know all possibilities, not just the happily ever after.

Yes I am happ with the weight loss, but due to all of the complications, I have been placed on permanent disability and am no longer able to support financially with my husband, so it has definitely changed my life in more ways than one lol

PS I actually came here for support and to hear other people’s stories and maybe someone else may have had a similar experience or some of the same complications I have that I may get some insight on things that will help... isn’t that what this group is for??