Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 Sleevers

How do you reply to a post?

Had my garlic sleeve today at 1pm. Everything went great, but I did wake with pain related to the gas used to b inflate belly. I feel much better this evening as we only experiencing mild discomfort and pain.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Had my garlic sleeve today at 1pm. Everything went great, but I did wake with pain related to the gas used to b inflate belly. I feel much better this evening as we only experiencing mild discomfort and pain.

Sorry for the misspelling. Still on pain meds and loopy

Hey guys. Updating you that my surgery on the 6th was cancelled due to there being a huge delay due to emergency c sections. It’s on Monday now. Who else is being sleeved Monday?

On 02/08/2019 at 00:15, lidi05 said:

Hey guys. Updating you that my surgery on the 6th was cancelled due to there being a huge delay due to emergency c sections. It’s on Monday now. Who else is being sleeved Monday?
I’m being sleeved on Monday!! We can be surgery buddies :)

I had my surgery on Feb 6th so I’m now on Day 2.5 and back home. Even though the surgeon said the surgery went very well (I didn’t even need a drain), it’s still more pain than I expected, although it does improve daily. The first 48 hours were pretty brutal though. I think it’s mainly gas pains and walking does help that a little. Overall, I’m glad the worst is over and hopefully it’s uphill from here! I find apple juice the easiest to drink throughout the day and luckily don’t feel any thirst or too much pain when sipping. Were you guys in a lot of pain too for the first two days?

I had my surgery on Feb 6th so I’m now on Day 2.5 and back home. Even though the surgeon said the surgery went very well (I didn’t even need a drain), it’s still more pain than I expected, although it does improve daily. The first 48 hours were pretty brutal though. I think it’s mainly gas pains and walking does help that a little. Overall, I’m glad the worst is over and hopefully it’s uphill from here! I find apple juice the easiest to drink throughout the day and luckily don’t feel any thirst or too much pain when sipping. Were you guys in a lot of pain too for the first two days?

I had my surgery yesterday and going home later today. You were right the pain was more than I expected, but I feeling much better bored that most of the bad pain is gone.

Im also being sleeved on Monday! Congrats to all the feb sleevers who are on the losers bench. Please keep sharing your experiences, as it helps with nerves!

Hi I am 14 days post op. This liquid diet is driving insane I feel like a need to chew to feel like I ate. I feel full but..my mouth waters when I see other people eat doesn't matter what food

On 2/8/2019 at 11:05 AM, LC12 said:

Hi I had my surgery on 5th and having real pain from the largest port as my surgeon did an internal stitch there and it feels like it’s pulling from mine weight of my stomach. Just working with my pain meds.

How are my early Feb sleevers? I had VSG on Feb 4th, feeling pretty good today. Still have incision pain, but if I wear an abdominal binder during the day it seems to help. I'm doing pretty good getting liquids in, I just get pain when I take too big of sips........still learning :)

I didn't exepct to feel hungry though! I'm hungry all day long! And not head hunger, because I actually feel hungry enough to eat a vegetable LOL I have one more week of being on liquids until i can move to pureed foods, i can't wait :) My stomach has been making some really interesting sounds though. My kids can hear it across the room :)

Hope everyone is doing good!!

I have surgery tomorrow! First time I have felt excited since insurance approval :) also, just realized I’ve been posting in the gastric bypass group. Oops lol

4 hours ago, Bonzers said:

How are my early Feb sleevers? I had VSG on Feb 4th, feeling pretty good today. Still have incision pain, but if I wear an Abdominal binder during the day it seems to help. I'm doing pretty good getting liquids in, I just get pain when I take too big of sips........still learning :)

I didn't exepct to feel hungry though! I'm hungry all day long! And not head hunger, because I actually feel hungry enough to eat a vegetable LOL I have one more week of being on liquids until i can move to pureed foods, i can't wait :) My stomach has been making some really interesting sounds though. My kids can hear it across the room :)

Hope everyone is doing good!!

I had my surgery the 1st. Honestly I wasn't prepared for the pain. But I knew it would get better and I didn't have any regrets afterwards. I haven't had any hunger issues since surgery. Its quite an adjustment to taking lil sips and my body reminds me when I don't. I'm on an all liquid diet until March 1st then I can go to pureed stage. I'm so ready for something different since I've been on a liquid diet for 3 weeks now. My drs office takes our stages by month. But its been working I've lost 33 lbs since Jan 18th and over all 62 lbs. My body looks like I was in fight club but I'm feeling so much better.