Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was everyone's first puree ?

Lol, this may sound horrible, but believe it or not is was soooo good.... mashed potatoes, green Beans, and sausage haha don’t knock it till you try it right 😂

Lol, this may sound horrible, but believe it or not is was soooo good.... mashed potatoes, green Beans, and sausage haha don’t knock it till you try it right [emoji23]

Actually that sounds awesome to me. It's like a Shepard's pie puree. I will be eating this soon. Except I'll have to add buffalo sauce to keep with my current trend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

12 hours ago, Geodude said:

Actually that sounds awesome to me. It's like a Shepard's pie puree. I will be eating this soon. Except I'll have to add buffalo sauce to keep with my current trend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

Go all-in and change your screenname to Buffalodude...

:D

Just now, TomCruzMomShoes said:

Go all-in and change your screenname to Buffalodude...

:D

Come to think of it, then everyone would just think you're from Buffalo lol

I have a good gal-pal from Clarence Center, a Buffalo suburb. I call her my Buffalo Oriole, looks like a Baltimore one but has an extra set of Water wings. Someday she's taking me there since I've shown her my Ohio haunts. I think Clarence Center is where they had that bad plane crash a few years ago.✈

Scrambled egg for sure!

Mine was Creamy Mashed Cauliflower.. taste just like mashed potatoes. I googled a good bariatric recipe. Loved it!

Also blended cottage cheese with frozen peaches. Yes! Loved that 2! Felt like i was cheating my diet..so good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine was Creamy Mashed Cauliflower.. taste just like mashed potatoes. I googled a good bariatric recipe. Loved it!

Also blended cottage cheese with frozen peaches. Yes! Loved that 2! Felt like i was cheating my diet..so good.

Oooh that cottage cheese and peaches almost sounds like faux icecream. Did it have a cottage cheese taste though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

I would suspect more like frozen yoghurt but haven't tried it myself. I am also a blueberry gal, somebody gave me a 5 pound bag frozen in a big lump, in one corner of my freezer. Thought I might make myself something Bari-friendly for,my upcoming Birthday. Since it is the Day after Christmas I learned young to "make my own kind of music" nobody gives you a party, nobody gives you gifts, and money or gift cards leave me cold= it means I didn't care for you enough to buy you a present, that would mean I actually cared about you, here let me buy you off with money or a card I bought you at a filling station/ cheap garage/ supermarket as an afterthought. One of my Aunt's husband was famous in the family for such tricks, never called him Uncle, that would mean I felt affection for someone who treated my Aunt shabbily every chance he got! Why didn't she divorce him/ kick him to the edge of a busy road? She believed only bad girls. got divorced, a man is the burden you bear to stay married! A MRS is the only degree a girl could aspire to!
Oh I am sorry to get on a soapbox, but my aunt had to work 2 years past normal retirement. Among his other marvelous larceny talents, forgery, forged her signature on loan papers , of course kept 5he money sizable for his own self, told the bank he was dropping off the paperwork because she was busy working, she knew nothing about it u,til the bank loan fell due, he had conveniently died of cirrhosis and hepatic cancer, the nasty glob of man-flesh , oh and he was also a pedophile, no girl of 6 was safe from him, somebody older among the females warned you. I thank God, Allah whoever you hold as Supreme being, that the baby girl I was carrying at his demise was safe from him.
Tell you what I did to him! I was practicing my piano, yes my parents paid for lessons, did it long enough to participate in recitals. Nasty pervert snuck up behind me abd grope me, Kept playing the melody line with my right hand, picked up a heavy brass bottle-opener with my left and bashed him across his knuckles, broke 3 fingers, told my aunt he fell fishing, he had always ridiculed me for being fat and clumsy, I wasn't clumsy, I was ambidextrous and I was free of unwanted attention at 13 years old. NEVER TRIED anything again!, So did I mourn him? What for? And I grew up in the Era where adults were believed over children, and had I told police or other responsible adults, he would I'm sure killed my pets. So don't tell me of the Good Old Days, things were different then and not ALWAYS GOOD!

I pureed sardines. Someone who had previously had WLS told me about it. Wasn't bad.

I ate a lot of black bean Soup and lentil soup then. Also Greek yogurt. I can’t and won’t blend any meats or eat meats from cans it just grossed me out. eggs tasted great but even at 4months post op go down quite heavy.

Oooh that cottage cheese and peaches almost sounds like faux icecream. Did it have a cottage cheese taste though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

No. I tasted the peaches more. It really was ice cream to me. Thing is since ur taste buds change. At this point it is such a treat. I still eat that when i have the craving. If the peach is not sweet u can try adding just a lil splenda. [emoji4]

I pureed sardines. Someone who had previously had WLS told me about it. Wasn't bad.
I did that! Did pureed cauliflower a top layer of pureed sardines!
Its like eating sardines in sauce with a baked/mashed potato.[emoji2] [emoji108]

Clam Chowder! Then I did tuna salad. Then a few days in I made chicken gravy using baked chicken thighs and served it over potatoes.... it was great. By day 3 I got sick from it, so that was the end of that.