Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week learning curve / drinking to fast

I am sure this question is a repeat but I haven't quite learned this app enough to find what I need yet. Thank you for your patience!

The new stomache is small and you can only drink a few ounces every 15 min. What happens if you drink to much Water to fast?

In my case, if I drank too quickly (which I did frequently) I would just get a wave of mild pain which told me to think more next time. I know some people will start salivating a lot and some will sick up. I imagine there are people with some horror stories, but I think most people have had a similar experience to mine. Just try to be mindful, and know that you will likely mess up a little bit here and there, but you should be fine.

LOL, it hurts. That's how you know you need to slow down or change the temp of the liquids.

You'll soon learn your own pace! Congrats on your surgery!

you will feel a deep pressure in your chest.. and it will last for about a good 30 minutes before you start to feel back to normal. FYI the same thing will happen once you move to foods and eat 3 spoons in 5 min LOL.. Speaking from experience.

Some TMI - 2 weeks after surgery I was really dehydrated and having trouble drinking because of a then-undiagnosed ulcer. But I was like WHATEVER I NEED Water at one point and drank about 30 oz in 20 min. SURPRISE DIARRHEA. Fun times.

But now, at 5 weeks, if I take a few gulps it feels a little uncomfortable. Sometimes I have to take a bigger gulp than I intended because a pill doesn't go down right or something. Or I exercise and I *need* more than a tiny sip. It's uncomfortable, but passes fast. Not something to be in the habit of, though.

As time goes on you can drink a little more frequently. For me too much and I just feel full, but I’ve pretty much figured out how much I can swallow at once. I was a gulper/chugger with my drinks and if I unconsciously drink too much I just kinda swish it in my mouth and swallow a little at a time.

My neighbor had RNY eight years ago and I’ve seen him chug a bottled Water in the summer so eventually you can do things you used to be able to do - including eating too much but hopefully by then the new habits have taken hold.

Most common experience is pain . It hurts when you take a sip that is too large. Some people also experience throwing up if they drink too much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app