Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 and Up Sleevers

67 here...excited for you. My journey the 16th. Keep us posted!!

2 hours ago, caryla said:

My journey begins on Monday! Excited but nervous. 63 yrs young next month. I hope this all goes well

I was sleeved 11/27/18 - 1 month before my 66th birthday. Losing VERY slowly (because I had the band prior to this) but bounced back extremely rapidly, and feeling great!

I had my band removed in September. It pretty much blew a leak! Gained back all but 20 pounds after 10 years.

I had band replaced with the sleeve...

52 minutes ago, caryla said:

I had my band removed in September. It pretty much blew a leak! Gained back all but 20 pounds after 10 years.

My band had caused my esophagus to dilate - I gained 20 lbs back in 1 year and couldn't figure out why until I started regurgitating food back up into my mouth when I lay down. It was removed in April and it was a struggle to maintain while I waited for it to heal for the sleeve surgery in Nov.

OMG that is so scary, glad you are better now.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, jasmineinmymind said:

I have light blonde hair though, would it still work?

It comes in different colors

download.jpg

Hi! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I’m new here also. I turned 50 in March - that was the month I decided to have surgery. I had the sleeve on May 31, I was 220lbs. I just reached my 80lb loss and I am 140 ( what I weighed when I got married : )
I would say it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. Once I was without carbs for a few days I stopped craving them. I have followed my teams rules the best I can. Vitamins, weighing my food and logging all of my meals. I think logging all of my food is key. The weight just continued to come off even after the holidays and I can always find something to eat when we are at a restaurant (a LOT of salmon)
Best of luck to you - your age is just a number, once you see some results it will make you try even harder : )

To every new sleeved / bari “friend.” Nice to meet you on here. I check in daily! Or should I say nightly. Ha! I go to Dr tomorrow ( Wednesday) for my first post surgery checkup. It will be 2 weeks. I guesstimating I’ll have lost about 13 lbs since surgery. 12 today. Except for zero energy, I’m feeling great. No pain, never any nausea, and so far I’m having no trouble with drinking. Puréed foods suddenly sounds like food for the gods. Yum. Who would have thought.

I was sleeved on August 31, 2018 at age 62, I have done really well and have lost right at 50 pounds.

I don't think age has effected me at all. I have lost 70 lbs in less than 7 months. I started at a lower BMI too. MINDSET is everything.

Did the sleeve 10/15/18. Lost 45 so far. Seems like I’m losing slowly but my skin is not wrinkling Yet anyway. It’s cold now and don’t want to walk out side. So I’m doing YouTube video specific for 60+ patients Just miss cookie

If I loose a little slower that’s ok. If you lose too fast you’re more likely to lose your hair!

I'm 53 and just had gastric sleeve done a month ago. I'm already down 16 pounds and 15 inches, so I'm happy with that progress and know it'll be a full year before I achieve my final goal of 100 pounds.