Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 and Up Sleevers

Few things are as easy as gaining weight. And I think at our age we had a extra liability, our bodies and fat have been such good friends for so long, but it is a breakup that has to come for our own good.

The easiest way to travel this road, and the most satisfying, is not to try to compare your potential trip to anyone else’s. It will suck every ounce of life out of you.

Just take each day and get the most out of it. Enjoy each moment.

Even if you are 54, 5’6” and start at my exact same weight, your journey to your goal will be a completely different series of losses, stalls, fits and spurts.

Be feisty, fierce, willful and wise! Follow your plan and you’ll have this!

H***hath no fury like me when I am slightly inconvenienced and hungry!

I was a month shy of 56 when I had my VSG, but my age hasn't stopped the weight from dropping off - - just remember to keep moving and stick to your doctor's plan!!

I had my surgery 5 days before turning 50. I’m almost 10 months post op and down 104 pounds. I am 7 pounds away from goal.

I am healthier than I’ve ever been in my life, work out with a personal trainer one day a week, eat a high Protein diet, and get to buy really cute clothes now. 🙂

Never be afraid to start over; for it is a chance to build something better this time.

I will be 65 yo 01/08. I got “sleeved” 12/26. It’s 8 days out and I’m doing great. Lost 11 lbs. I had a few Constipation issues, but that’s resolved. Ready for this great energy everyone talks about. Ready to experience this new lease on life God has given me!

Well Happy Birthday, Happy surgery and I am happy to hear your story. I turned 73 on December 26th so we both are Snowtime Babies, aren't we? Hope to hear updates as you go along on your journey. I was an RnY last September 5th, but no never mind, most of my Bari-buds are sleevers, but we all have the surgery most beneficial for each of us. So Welcome to the After-Surgery side of Town.
Wrinkles mean you laughed
Gray hair means you cared
And scars mean you have lived and loved!😜❤💚💜💙💛

On 12/30/2018 at 11:11 AM, jasmineinmymind said:

I’m 51. I feel like this will be a good age to do this because I know for a fact that I have exhausted every single channel possible. I have tried everything and I know that this is my very last option. I will have the surgery knowing that it is absolutely the right thing to do. I did go through early menopause and my hair is a lot thinner than it used to be. I’m wondering how someone post menopausal will do as far as Hair loss. I feel like I have absolutely no extra hair to lose!!! I’m scared of that part

I had thin hair to begin with. I touch up the thin spots with toppik *lol* it works.

download.jpg

Edited by Healthy_life

I am 57, turning 58 in April . Was sleeved 12/20 and I’ve lost 20lbs since starting the preop diet . It was quick at first but has slowed a bit to a crawl, and Numerous stalls but as long as heading in the right direction I will just wait it out !💪

3 hours ago, Healthy_life said:

I had thin hair to begin with. I touch up the thin spots with toppik *lol* it works.

I have light blonde hair though, would it still work?

67 here scheduled for surgery 1/16/2019

The journey begins

And you never know where it may lead you, doesn't always do any good to have a road map, for you and the road both are "Under Construction" God Bless and watch over You!

Hi Caryla... Good luck for Monday! I was sleeved at the end of October, I'm 63... Have had no problems except for having slow weight loss...😊