Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 and Up Sleevers

I turned 50 about 2 months after my surgery. I can't tell you if it came off slower than someone younger than me but what I do know is it came off faster and more consistently than any other diet I have been on.

Best of luck on your journey!

I’m 52 and was sleeved on 10/10/18. I’m probably losing slower than younger people but I really don’t compare. I’m just happy I’m losing!! Last week I finally hit the 200’s for the first time in FOREVER and I feel awesome! My surgery weight was 327 (highest was 365) and currently 295!

I had my sleeve on 11/27 and will be 66 12/23. It will be interesting to see what the weight loss is like compared to what I see with the younger set.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:36 AM, TeeMillz said:

I just turned 50 in May and I'm being sleeved this Friday December 7, 2018 and I'm wondering if the weight loss is slower or harder after the sleeve for the 50 and up crew....

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm really glad you asked that question because I'm 51 and wondered the same thing. I've already gone through menopause and that is one of the big reasons I put a lot of weight on. I figured it was going to be extra hard for my body to give up the weight.

I'm 50. I started losing weight in June and I was sleeved on 30th June. I've lost 81 lbs so far. I don't know whether that's fast or slow, but it's good enough for me! I'm so pleased about my lower back pain going since the op - that alone makes it all worthwhile.

I'm 3 days out and gave the constant feeling that something is stuck in my chest I'm just sipping Water and a teeny bit of soup

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using BariatricPal mobile app

See , just like I keep telling you all, it is never too late for healthy changes in Our Lives! Much 💘 and Merry 🎅Christmas aeveryone!

You know our main problem in life?
We are Too Old for SnapChat****
We are Too Young for LifeAlert***
Have a wonderful Sunday and a Glorious 2019 everyone!

I’m 51. I feel like this will be a good age to do this because I know for a fact that I have exhausted every single channel possible. I have tried everything and I know that this is my very last option. I will have the surgery knowing that it is absolutely the right thing to do. I did go through early menopause and my hair is a lot thinner than it used to be. I’m wondering how someone post menopausal will do as far as Hair loss. I feel like I have absolutely no extra hair to lose!!! I’m scared of that part

Practice that, practice eating slowly and learning to take little bites. And learn to chew, chew, chew. Learn to not eat off of a TV tray in front of the TV and you will have set down habits that will make you a Sleeved Success Story!😝👋😝❤

I turned 63 the day of my surgery (December 11). I am almost 3 weeks out and have lost 29 pounds. I'm just happy that the weight has started coming off.