Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2008 bandsters

2 hours ago, babedoe4 said:

Feb 2008 and still going!!!

@babedoe4

sleever here - peeking in, hope that's ok😉

almost 10 years old!!! - proudly show yourself

you look great - keep up your good work- i know you will☺️

kathy

congrats

I’m a 2009 bandit but not for much longer. My band is no longer helping, I have regained quite a lot of weight and there is a concern about the probable damage that the band has done so I am revising to an RNY in Jan

2008 bandsters out there!? Feb 2008 and still going!!!
2007, but I'd like to get it removed. Have gained all weight back and with my stomach virus flu scare and not being able to vomit, I'm terrified of it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Glad to see other long term banders here. Many cannot keep their band for all kinds of reasons .
I’m so happy to say I just passed my 12 year mark...🌟🇮🇹
2006 included a life changing procedure lap band placement in Fresno
Yes... a few ups and downs. But still close to my high school weight.
(And please don’t think it has been smooth.. I make many mistakes)

Very THANKFUL🎄🎅🏼🎅🏼

April 2006 for me. Haven’t been in contact with my surgeon in a few years, need to make an appointment as I have stalled and gaining. I am having issues a lot lately with food getting stuck and vomiting. Everything seems to get stuck and I am also having discomfort in my esophagus. I may need to have a removal.

2009 here. Things are going well. Haven’t seen my surgeon for years. He switched to a different specialty. My starting weight was 232 am currently 143. I still feel as I have to work to stay at this weight as sweets and junk food are so easy to eat.

Bottom pic (right) is right after surgery and top is current.

3280D86F-15BE-4272-AD83-32124AA0106E.jpeg

807D1B5E-B1CE-4E4B-96C7-CE4D0EDC46B4.png

11 years in May for me! I keep my band a little loose due to some reflux....unfortunately that means I can eat anything. Been trying to do ww but then I thought ....hey just use this toool that you have. It’s been so long since I’ve eaten like a bandster I’m having to really think about it.
Sw 314
Lowest 170
Current 207
Good to hear from y’all!

I’m currently trying to do ww as well. I was doing low carb/keto for awhile and lost a bunch of weight. Trying to maintain it and lose a bit more with ww though and eat more like a normal person. 🙂

@kerrik54304 how’s it going? It is definitely a great program.

I was banded in October 2008. It was awesome for the first two years, then still good for a number of years after that. I went from 433 to 178 pounds. But the last few years have been quite difficult and depressing. GERD, vomiting, foam in my mouth, food getting stuck, and poor eating habits developed by thinking "what is my body able to tolerate now?" rather than "what is healthy to eat?". Gained nearly 100 pounds back of the 250 I lost. I'm done with this band. Ready to have it removed and revise to RNY as quickly as my doctor will let me, looks like 3 months. Doctor appointment to kick off the process is tomorrow. I think I may have to go through the usual pre-surgery hoops.

Aug 12, 2008 banded. Lost 95 lbs initially but over the last few years and I gained back 17. Now at 222 as of today. Went to see a new surgeon as the original one no longer takes my insurance and is over an hour and a half away now. Had to get a complete unfill because of really bad GERD and vomiting and most things getting stuck. Went in to see about revision to rny but would have to go through 6 months of supervised diet and all the other hoops for my insurance to cover the revision. Well, so far so good, drank a Protein Shake and will have some Soup soon. No problems yet. I'm hoping that I just needed the unfill and let my stomach calm down and find the sweet spot again. Maybe I can get back on track with the band, slowly. Keep your toes crossed for me. I Really do not want to have another surgery if I can help it......I would love to keep in touch with you 2008 Bandsters!!! [emoji171]

Sent from my XT1565 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hopeful for keeping the band and calming it down. It can still work uninflated!
After 12 years, mine is minimally filled. Kinda have to work your program that is just for you. It is choices everyday, but please know your body can adapt.
Best of luck.

Thanks for your kind words! I had 4.5 ccs removed from my band, don't know what the capacity was but I am feeling 1000% better. Can finally sleep flat and NO GERD or heartburn. I go back on July 10th for an EGD to make sure there is no Barrett's esophagus. If all goes well I can start over with the new surgeon and slowly start getting fills again......praying that this is the case. Now to just not gain weight before then. Not going to go crazy and just eat EVERYTHING just because I can..... Lol

Sent from my XT1565 using BariatricPal mobile app