Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drink options

Good morning.

I'm almost 8 weeks post op and I'm getting sick of plain Water, Vitamin Water Zero and unsweetened tea. Can anyone provide any other drink options? Specifically anything that you're buying at the store. Thanks!

So, I know this is not at the store, but every now and again I make myself some hot cocoa - 1 cup fairlife fat free milk, 1 TBL unsweetened cocoa, 1 tsp stevia (or 1 packet), and a splash of vanilla. Also helps with the Protein.

do you like crystal light or those mio flavor drops for your Water?

What about other types of teas? I don't typically like herbal teas, but I got this Bengal spice tea and it is really nice. Reminds me of when I was in India. And some orange tea that's also tasty.

You can count milk toward your fluid goals, too. I like Chai tea with Stevia and milk. I have always loved Lipton Diet Green Tea with Citrus. I also count that toward my Fluid goals even though it has a little bit of caffeine. At one month post-op, your liquid options should be pretty infinite, so long as they are calorie-free and aren't carbonated.

Bariatric cocoa is good and has 15 grams of Protein, but it is much thinner and tastier than a shake. It is too sweet for me so I add a spoon of Decaf instant coffee and a teaspoon of bitter unsweetened cocoa powder.

I thought I was drowning the day after surgery when the nurse gave me a thimble of Water. It hurt so bad and came back up instantly. They made me keep trying and eventually I could drink a little bit. Fast forward 7 months and I can drink almost as much as I like as long as it is flavored water. Plain water still makes me gag! My surgeon says it is a texture issue with my pouch. I cannot even take my Vitamins or pills without flavored water. I love herbal teas and drink them with SPLENDA when I am on the road traveling, but coffee makes me ill every time I chance it which is about once every 10 days at this stage. My Dr says to keep trying as it may change over time, but I think I am done with coffee for the immediate future. He says I can drink as much flavored sugar free water as I want. My favorite flavored water is Mountain Explosion (mountain dew without carbonation) and AW Root Beer flavors as they are delicious and go down easy.

I like plain Water, it is only over a month after op, now I am in hospital they try to find where is internal bleeding comes from... so fee days without food just on drips as they had to do few anesthesias... anyway is it temporary or what but it feels like I get sweats and pulsating feeling like dumping syndrome from water??? Is it possible? Anyone else had such thing?

Also I have found bullion is helpful. Yes, it is full of salt but I figure it is better than not drinking when you can't tolerate Water (mt BP is ok though). Water is nauseating and sometimes actually painful for me still, and the flavors with sucralose and stevia are revolting to me. I'm trying to water down the bullion a little more.