Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 6 weeks out (tomorrow). I haven't been perfect with my post-op diet, but damn have I been close! Until tonight. I binged on tortilla chips. I had probably 30 to 35 chips. I fit them all in within probably a 30 minute period and didn't even feel that bad. I felt really full, but I wasn't sick or anything.

I wish my sleeve was pickier sometimes. I wish I didn't know I could fit 35 tortilla chips in my sleeve.

I can't believe I did that. I think it started with allowing myself to have 2 cups of popcorn at work today. I started really craving the salt and it seems that I backslid into lack of control very quickly.

I've already been in a 10 day stall. (Stall #2 in 6 weeks). Dreading seeing the scale tomorrow and feeling stupid. :(

So I'm 6 weeks out (tomorrow). I haven't been perfect with my post-op diet, but damn have I been close! Until tonight. I binged on tortilla chips. I had probably 30 to 35 chips. I fit them all in within probably a 30 minute period and didn't even feel that bad. I felt really full, but I wasn't sick or anything.
I wish my sleeve was pickier sometimes. I wish I didn't know I could fit 35 tortilla chips in my sleeve.
I can't believe I did that. I think it started with allowing myself to have 2 cups of popcorn at work today. I started really craving the salt and it seems that I backslid into lack of control very quickly.
I've already been in a 10 day stall. (Stall #2 in 6 weeks). Dreading seeing the scale tomorrow and feeling stupid. [emoji20]
Unfortunately I've found that chips, candy, bread, and other unhealthy stuff doesn't bother my sleeved stomach at all. I'm very disappointed and surprised by this. I really thought my new stomach wouldn't tolerate such foods. So now I need to have more strength to abstain.

Oh I feel ya, I did the same thing with Doritos the other day. BUT you can get back in the saddle. Each new day is a chance to do better.
So now you know why slider food is called slider food. Back to Protein first, leafy greens, plenty of Water and no snacking. You got this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, KT1981 said:

I've already been in a 10 day stall. (Stall #2 in 6 weeks). Dreading seeing the scale tomorrow and feeling stupid. :(

You will have to work, hard.

The sleeve can manipulated as you can see.

I suggest removing the tempting foods from your life, carving out a sustainable plan, only eating set meals (no Snacks at all), using support systems for good mental hygiene, forgiving yourself for this one event and vigilantly moving forward.

Safe Journey!

Binge eating is an unhealthy coping mechanism, so I'm going to talk about it the way I would any other one.

You haven't failed. You've taken one step back but the point here is to get back up. You can do this, you're stronger than your cravings are. Relapse is a part of any recovery, and surgery for obesity is no exception. It's not going to be easy. Change never is, especially when it's been a pattern for so long. You're used to reaching for chips, or popcorn, or anything else salty. Eating 35 tortilla chips once is not a make or break moment.

How you respond to this is going to be very important. You are not a bad person for eating chips. You are not a bad patient, you have not failed. You are going to sit down and look at it like this: You binged after your surgery. Surgery is emotionally taxing, and because your diet has been very restrictive the cravings have been intense for you. You are going to make a CHOICE to not eat any more chips. It will be hard, you're going to have to work. But, always remember that you can do it. You're in control here, you can decide what to eat. Your cravings are just that, cravings.

You got this! If you need more support we're always here for you.

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

The sleeve can manipulated as you can see

Yup.

I can eat more chips than Protein. It’s easy to do.

All of us will test the sleeve or pouch eventually. Can I eat this? Many times we find out it is still up to us and not the surgery to make the right food choices. Makes it tough!

I try not to dwell on it if I have a bad eating moment. It doesn’t have to slide into a whole day, week, month of bad moments. Just get back on track and back to it.

THANK YOU all for your responses. Thank you for reminding me that this was a single event and that I can recover from it. Thank you for reminding me that my sleeve is not magic, and I still have to put in the work. It is disappointing not to be as restricted as I hoped, but my resolve to use this tool to the best of my ability remains strong.

I am seeking therapy for my binge eating disorder, anxiety, and depression. I have an appointment tomorrow and can discuss this episode.

Today has been a good food day, in spite of the fact that I'm hungry (I think PMS-ing, when I always get really hungry).

I love this place and the support it offers.

You can overcome this! One time occurrence and move forward. Just try to keep it so it doesn't become a habit.

It was only one day. Refocus. Move on. One day won't make a big difference in the long run

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app