Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is gastric bypass surgery reversible at all??

On 12/19/2018 at 23:17, elcee said:

I hope you do get some answers as it sounds awful. Cushings is something that causes lots or weight gain so if this is the issue it’s a pity they didn’t test and rule it out prior to surgery as then you may not have required the WLS as well. Are you still bleeding or has that resolved?

Well it’s too much going on I don’t have proper nutritionist nor my surgeron noone it’s now all left to state hospital so i was in hospital due to bleeding they didn’t find reason everything everywhere healing great as they say, but now my haemoglobin 85, potassium 3,2 but i am on a lot of it as meds i take omeprosol vit d3, kreon, and potassium now still in a limbo with my bp meds, oh and thyroid medicine, I don’t know if i am eating right as dieticians didn’t explain me properly anything so i am just eating food, every time i have to lay down after food as i feel heartbeat all over my body, then stomach rumble and 8/10 will be diarrhoea with partly digested food. So in hospital dieticians allowed me to eat soft food but chew it very well, that’s what i do but still maybe it is too fast I don’t know anyway dad says my digestive system needs to adapt and then it will go... but this is just guessing. I lost 35 kilos already, mostly muscle.. so i am so weak that I hardly can get up stairs but they won’t allow me to do much physical activity as they afraid of my bleeding. Endocrinologist in hospital told me that after removal that tumour everything should change as this is amount of cortisol makes me so weak... I don’t know what to think and what’s going to be but here we go, i think my body is in too big stress or even shock at the moment

And about pity... this is why I asked wether it is reversible, which is possible in the future if needs be, but maybe not and now it’s done so just somehow I need to deal with consciences

@ipixie I sure hope that this gets better. Get the Cushings under control, you can worry about bypass reversal at a much later date. Did you remember President John F Kennedy also had Cushing. Yep he did, pretty famous company to be traveling in. But I'm sure you just would rather not.

On 12/20/2018 at 15:40, Frustr8 said:

@ipixie I sure hope that this gets better. Get the Cushings under control, you can worry about bypass reversal at a much later date. Did you remember President John F Kennedy also had Cushing. Yep he did, pretty famous company to be traveling in. But I'm sure you just would rather not.
Thank you so far with Cushing syndrome is not clear either I am waiting on mri if they find anything if not then whatever I don’t know

It might be not or it might be yes from shock and stress I didn’t know about it before I only took lthyroxin but apparently my cortisol was 820 before op and it raised up to 1500 after so now they’ve done tests with them meds and said that i have it. They checked every where except head mri which is planned on 10th of January and if they will find tumour they will sort that out then as they say my potassium level should stay :) and I should regain my strength
I was tested twice in the last year for Cushings because I fit the body type etc.. pointing to Cushings. Thankfully not. Had my surgery and hope to show them that is not my body type. Taking my Vitamins including liquid potassium (🤢🤢) my endocrinologist told me at times Cushings masks itself as other things.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you Frustr8. I did not know this. I am a sponge for odd facts. [emoji15]

ME Also, helps to make my struggles through life a lot more interesting.

I wonder can anyone give me actual diet list or something I don’t think i know how to eat and what to eat and I don’t have dietician either

I wonder can anyone give me actual diet list or something I don’t think i know how to eat and what to eat and I don’t have dietician either
Post surgical diet? Every doctor is different. Mine has two weeks full liquid diet after surgery. They gave us booklets and sample diets to go by then post op in the hospital they gave us a diet handbook to go by with the stages outlined and what you can and cannot have.

Post surgical diet? Every doctor is different. Mine has two weeks full liquid diet after surgery. They gave us booklets and sample diets to go by then post op in the hospital they gave us a diet handbook to go by with the stages outlined and what you can and cannot have.

This is from my post op booklet hope it helps. Please remember do what your doctor recommends. That is vital to your success is following your doctor's guidelines. 20181222_051759.jpeg 20181222_051815.jpeg 20181222_051823.jpeg 20181222_051844.jpeg 20181222_051850.jpeg 20181222_051903.jpeg 20181222_051910.jpeg

On 12/22/2018 at 13:21, Zebby67 said:

This is from my post op booklet hope it helps. Please remember do what your doctor recommends. That is vital to your success is following your doctor's guidelines. 20181222_051759.jpeg 20181222_051815.jpeg 20181222_051823.jpeg 20181222_051844.jpeg 20181222_051850.jpeg 20181222_051903.jpeg 20181222_051910.jpeg

This is what i am saying I don’t have any support from my doctor and I haven’t got a dieticians. But now i am exactly two months post operation and I didn’t have any liquid diet not pre op not after. Now i am on sort of everything

And best part i catched cold or flu now, it is strange sensation... not like before... all upper body is in pain and i have temperature but I don’t cough to much even feels like I should

You need to get medical attention. Pain in the chest and a temp could be something more serious

And best part i catched cold or flu now, it is strange sensation... not like before... all upper body is in pain and i have temperature but I don’t cough to much even feels like I should
iPixie please seek medical attention. Better to be safe than sorry. Cold symptoms can be more or just a cold but the best way to take care of it is to see a doctor. There are many cold remedies that we should no longer use. Our stomas are fickle little things. Feel better soon. [emoji56] [emoji40]

Give your body time to heal first! Emotions run on high immediately following surgery. Good Luck on your journey.