Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cramping tummy at night 5 days post op

Anyone had any stomach cramping at night? It kept waking me up... I tried a new Protein Shake before bed wondering if that is it.

I am assuming it was just gas pain since I was sleeping and not getting it out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

some people have trouble with lactose after surgery. Could that be it? (is that the first time you've tried a shake with lactose in it since surgery?)

26 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

some people have trouble with lactose after surgery. Could that be it? (is that the first time you've tried a shake with lactose in it since surgery?)

no last night i actually drank a GNC lean Protein Shake and it has no lactose or gluten i have been drinking premier prior to that :/

1 hour ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

Anyone had any stomach cramping at night? It kept waking me up... I tried a new Protein Shake before bed wondering if that is it.

I am assuming it was just gas pain since I was sleeping and not getting it out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

May be too personal but have you gone to the bathroom recently? I had INTENSE cramping a few days after surgery and it was because of that reason. So. Maybe that? :blush:

3 minutes ago, AndreaK. said:

May be too personal but have you gone to the bathroom recently? I had INTENSE cramping a few days after surgery and it was because of that reason. So. Maybe that? :blush:

not too personal! Poop after bariatric surgery is a normal discussion haha

i went when i woke up and passed alot of gas... pretty solid

then i had another bm that was more liquid. fingers crossed tonight is better!

1 minute ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

not too personal! Poop after bariatric surgery is a normal discussion haha

i went when i woke up and passed alot of gas... pretty solid

then i had another bm that was more liquid. fingers crossed tonight is better!

Literally sounds like my experience to the T lol lol

I'm sure you'll feel better. Mine was cramping oh so hard my wife was ready to take me to the hospital lol lol. But all is well :)

Just now, AndreaK. said:

Literally sounds like my experience to the T lol lol

I'm sure you'll feel better. Mine was cramping oh so hard my wife was ready to take me to the hospital lol lol. But all is well :)

haha i was a little worried! i am glad to hear someone else had the same experience (not that you were in pain) but its hard to know what is normal and what isn't in this journey!

I think i maybe was just a little dehydrated so i was a little backed up. Yesterday was the first day i have hit Fluid goals!

How are you doing a month out :)

1 minute ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

haha i was a little worried! i am glad to hear someone else had the same experience (not that you were in pain) but its hard to know what is normal and what isn't in this journey!

I think i maybe was just a little dehydrated so i was a little backed up. Yesterday was the first day i have hit Fluid goals!

How are you doing a month out :)

Ummmm....I am doing ok. I would say good but I don't feel like I've been doing good bc I've only lost 35llbs. I can eat solid foods already like 2-3 bites and I'm done. I pretty much hit fluid goals some days ...I don't. :) I have super good days and my stomach is calm and easy going lol and then I have some ugly days and I'm like WHY did eat thisssssss??? LOL Its all an experience and you'll get to know your body in ways you thought you already knew it but no...you didn't. hahaha.

3 minutes ago, AndreaK. said:

Ummmm....I am doing ok. I would say good but I don't feel like I've been doing good bc I've only lost 35llbs. I can eat solid foods already like 2-3 bites and I'm done. I pretty much hit fluid goals some days ...I don't. :) I have super good days and my stomach is calm and easy going lol and then I have some ugly days and I'm like WHY did eat thisssssss??? LOL Its all an experience and you'll get to know your body in ways you thought you already knew it but no...you didn't. hahaha.

haha yeah to be expected ive already had a couple good and a couple bad days.

ONLY 35 lbs! Girl that is great! I cannot tell you any time in my entire life where i lost 35 lbs in a month! be proud of yourself that is amazing!

I am definitely nervous to transition into solid foods. I have been lucky thus far to have very minimal nausea and it seems like its only when i wake up!

But solids may be a different story! nerve wracking haha

11 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

haha yeah to be expected ive already had a couple good and a couple bad days.

ONLY 35 lbs! Girl that is great! I cannot tell you any time in my entire life where i lost 35 lbs in a month! be proud of yourself that is amazing!

I am definitely nervous to transition into solid foods. I have been lucky thus far to have very minimal nausea and it seems like its only when i wake up!

But solids may be a different story! nerve wracking haha

just take it slow. bc I rushed and it HURTS and get "stuck" so to say . It give me anxiety bc I don't wanna throw up haha. But I'm not a quitter lol I go back and try again a day or two later. For Thanksgiving I was able to eat like 4 good bites and then boop done. Its crazy. Bc I was an eater !!! LOL like 2 plates and some more type a girl lol.

Reach out of you have any other questions !!!! :)

1 minute ago, AndreaK. said:

just take it slow. bc I rushed and it HURTS and get "stuck" so to say . It give me anxiety bc I don't wanna throw up haha. But I'm not a quitter lol I go back and try again a day or two later. For Thanksgiving I was able to eat like 4 good bites and then boop done. Its crazy. Bc I was an eater !!! LOL like 2 plates and some more type a girl lol.

Reach out of you have any other questions !!!! :)

I've heard that stuck feeling a lot. I definitely plan to take my time but i already miss eating haha still have 2 weeks of full liquids. But thats ok i plan to take it slow i think my fear of eating is greater than actually wanting to eat 🤣

im not hungry just miss food.

Thank you! keep in touch i am excited to see how you do!

i wouldn't be surprised if i have more questions hahaha i am a worry wart but i love this community because you can count on the fact that at least one other person may have had a similar issue!