Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much does Sleeve surgery cost with no Ins ?

6 hours ago, texasnewf said:

I have really crappy insurance and I've finally reached a point where I need to do something ... and fast ..I't affecting my driving, etc...

How much on average does it cost out of pocket ? I will have to finance it for sure .. But I want to get surgery ASAP, Thanks

I paid 6800 for my surgery.. if you want more info about where I went and the company i used let me know. They also do financing 🖤

I paid approximately $11,000 all inclusive. (Hospital, follow up for life etc)

MIne was 10500 in South Florida, incl pre op testing, consult. and post op visits for one year.

While I did self-pay for a different procedure, SIPS, it was 17K. When you go through insurance, while it saves you personally, the doctors and hospitals rip off the insurance company by charging $40-50K and so much more for the same procedure. I wouldn't factor in quotes from folks that went through insurance as those are mark up prices!

I am doing it self pay in florida in December for $10,500

My ins was billed $68k but I'm sure self pay would be way cheaper. I've had 2 friends go to mexico for about $6500 total and neither of them regret it. Do your research and you'll find something that fits your budget

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m having surgery soon. I paid 14,500

7 hours ago, deltagirl93 said:

While I did self-pay for a different procedure, SIPS, it was 17K. When you go through insurance, while it saves you personally, the doctors and hospitals rip off the insurance company by charging $40-50K and so much more for the same procedure. I wouldn't factor in quotes from folks that went through insurance as those are mark up prices!

This is what I was going to say. If you go with self-pay you won't be charged the same as what the hospital bills an insurance provider.

I'm using insurance, but there are several centers in my area that work with self-pay patients and prices range from $9,500-$12,000. Good luck on your search!

Ive seen people post as low as $9000 in the states, less in Mexico.

I'm in Houston my insurance only covered a portion of the surgery. The rest I have to finance. All dr visits I have to put down a copay. I also had not met the deductible so I had to pay that in full to the surgeon before I was able to be scheduled for the surgery. I have to finance about 5k.

Sent from my SM-J737P using BariatricPal mobile app

Just remember what insurance was billed means absolutely nothing. Those are contracted and the hospital in no way expects to get that money. Self pay has a much lower price.
My friends who went to Mexico paid $4K

I did mine at Charlton Methodist with Dr Castro I believe his cost is still around $10.5K. I highly suggest you do a consult with them they were fantastic.