Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now 4 1/2weeks post op. The first 2 weeks I drank the powder Multivitamin lemonade flavor now I can’t stand it. So 3rd week I tried the chewable Bariatric Multivitamin with 45 mg of Iron it was awful. So this week I tried capsule Bariatric with 45 mg iron once a day I swallowed it but it felt stuck in my throat then just felt nausea. Just wondering what else to do? I hadn’t tried gummies is that any better?

gummies usually not recommended because of their high corn syrup/ sugar,content. Isn't that,what you had surgery to escape? No fair jumping back into the fire when you escaped once!

My dietician had me on a liquid multi for the first month and didn’t recommend a chewable multi until later as she noted some people get nauseous if they take it too soon post op. When I don’t feel like the chewable I go back to the liquid for a break. The liquid is Swiss Supradyn but there were others allowed as well.

I stood Flintstones only so long, nasty vile ground- up things. Evil taste designed by someone who did not have my best interest at heart. Then I took a small sip of liquid, held it in my mouth long enough to throw one of my small sized prenatal Spring Valley Vitamins in, and float down with down with the waterm Figured if this kills me at least n9 one will have to scrape Vitamin residue off my testing And it worked and still does. Just 1 prenatal a dayn no fuss, no folderall÷!!#

Teeth, had enough testing of all types by now. Vitamin levels should be fine at my next office visit December 19th , Wonder if they call in a lab blood drew order before then? Being seen in the office every 10 weeks sucks badly! Am I supposed to quietly die in the meantime?

I love my multivitamin. It is once a day. It's made by Unjury and called opurity Optimized for Sleeve/Bypass. It's a chewable. A 90 day supply is only 28 bucks! I take that a lunch time, a 65mg Iron, and 600 mg of Calcium twice a day.

Bariatric Advantage Vitamins are so expensive too. There are so many equivalent and better options out there. Celebrate is decent, but a bit expensive (much cheaper than BA, though). I have some Celebrate wafer Calcium vitamins I haven't tried yet, and immediately post-op I took the Celebrate powder multivitamin, but it was too much to drink and kinda sour, so I switched the Unjury chewable.

Edited by mousecat88

You know it is great to read these threads, not saying surgeons and the bariatric staff generals aren't great, they are but sometimes the humble footsoldier in the Weight Wars has the Best Ideas!💊