Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey I’m 8 months out my surgery , can anyone tell me what are their meal plans ?

Hiya @Sasha Cyrus

I am a year out. I have no plan from my surgeon any more, but four simple guidelines:

• Strictly three meals a day, forever. No snacking. Ever.
  • Protein - at least 70g a day. I start every day with a coffee/protein icy slushie, but the rest of the protein is from chicken, Beans, nuts etc.
  • No potato, rice, Pasta. Or hardly ever, anyway. Calories without substance.
  • And I try and keep the sweet treats to a minimum because I know that I have a sugar addiction, and never want to be on THAT eating path again!

This works really well for me. That and exercise every day. The exercise is good, but I regularly remind myself - this battle is won in the kitchen, not the gym.

What about you? How are you eating?

Congrats on your surgery and on losing so much in 8 months.

I'm 10 months out and at 1st goal. Now working on 2nd goal.

Like @Biddy zz I keep a pretty tight practice for diet. Plus I add in IF (intermittent fasting) in a varying schedule. I like to keep things mixed up so I don't get bored. But the one thing any of those days includes is scheduled real meals that get logged and all food gets weighed or measured and logged--either before I eat it so I know how much to serve, or immediately after eating it, before leaving the table! LOL.

No snacking for me on regular days. Holidays are the only exceptions--generally. I might have a hungry, hungry heifer day where I just mess up (I'm human). But I try to make "wise" choices on those days. Sometimes I can't. Sometimes I win. But generally, the rule is no snacking. And my other rule is that my average intake is between 800-850 while still losing and fits within my macros: 60-74g Protein, 40-50g total carbs with most coming from Fiber sources from veggies, etc (no grains, rice, Pasta, flours), and fat is whatever fills up the remaining cals after protein and carbs are accounted for during that day.

Exercise ideally would be daily, a minimum of 1 hour per day of some kind of movement that includes some muscle challenges! I shoot for at minimum 6 out of 7 days per week with 7 being the goal. Non-negotiable (except on the days I screw up or am sick).

The idea now that I am healed and can potentially eat anything and everything is to fill my day with the healthiest selections from whole foods that fit my macros. I try to adopt a "zero crap" daily policy for as many strung together consecutive days as possible. Some days I win. Some days, meh...LOL.

I think I should go back into drinking Protein Shakes as meals because I’m starting to loose weight slowly now . Did that ever happen to you ?

My weight loss keeps going up and down , since last 1 month. I dont know what to do and what not. I was sleeved on 4th june 2018, its 6th month running and i was 270lbs, right now i am 213 lbs. I am not quite happy with the progress and confused as well as worried about what to do.

Sent from my SM-N950W using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/26/2018 at 08:45, Sasha Cyrus said:

I think I should go back into drinking Protein Shakes as meals because I’m starting to loose weight slowly now . Did that ever happen to you ?
I am in the same boat. I have actually gained 15-20 pounds by grazing and making bad choices. I am trying to get it under control but once you slip it gets easier and easier to make poor choices.

On 11/26/2018 at 13:30, Walter.Sobchak said:

I am in the same boat. I have actually gained 15-20 pounds by grazing and making bad choices. I am trying to get it under control but once you slip it gets easier and easier to make poor choices.
What kind of bad choice you made ?

On 11/26/2018 at 12:16, Sasha Cyrus said:

What kind of bad choice you made ?
I will message you directly, don’t feel like putting my business out here for everyone to see.

On 11/24/2018 at 12:00 PM, Biddy zz said:

Hiya @Sasha Cyrus

I am a year out. I have no plan from my surgeon any more, but four simple guidelines:

• Strictly three meals a day, forever. No snacking. Ever.
  • Protein - at least 70g a day. I start every day with a coffee/protein icy slushie, but the rest of the Protein is from chicken, Beans, nuts etc.
  • No potato, rice, Pasta. Or hardly ever, anyway. Calories without substance.
  • And I try and keep the sweet treats to a minimum because I know that I have a sugar addiction, and never want to be on THAT eating path again!

This works really well for me. That and exercise every day. The exercise is good, but I regularly remind myself - this battle is won in the kitchen, not the gym.

What about you? How are you eating?

On average how many calories are you eating per day? This is the same plan that my Surgeon's practice adheres to. I'm approaching goal and approaching 1 year out (where my portions can increase), and very curious about calories. Thanks!