Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m on my 10th day of the liquid only diet before surgery. The doctor’s nurse told me I could cheat on Christmas so I had a very small piece of ham, a tablespoon of mashed potatoes and white gravy. But back today to total liquid.

11 minutes ago, paulamelton said:

I’m on my 10th day of the liquid only diet before surgery. The doctor’s nurse told me I could cheat on Christmas so I had a very small piece of ham, a tablespoon of mashed potatoes and white gravy. But back today to total liquid.

You're almost finished, how exciting!

I started my pre-op diet and I’m so hungry. Off to down some more Water. This will be worth it, this will be worth it, this will be worth it!

Hey all! I'm on day 2 of the pre-op diet and it's going okay. My biggest issue right now is nausea. Because of the nausea, I don't feel like eating. I think that this is due to the sudden change in diet/lack of carbs, but I'm not sure—I don't think I'm sick because I don't have any other symptoms other than the intermittent nausea. Today and yesterday I didn't eat/drink everything I was supposed to. I'm going to try to get both meals and Protein Shakes in tomorrow (today I only got in one meal and a few sips of a Protein shake).

44 minutes ago, anonbaribabe said:

Hey all! I'm on day 2 of the pre-op diet and it's going okay. My biggest issue right now is nausea. Because of the nausea, I don't feel like eating. I think that this is due to the sudden change in diet/lack of carbs, but I'm not sure—I don't think I'm sick because I don't have any other symptoms other than the intermittent nausea. Today and yesterday I didn't eat/drink everything I was supposed to. I'm going to try to get both meals and Protein Shakes in tomorrow (today I only got in one meal and a few sips of a Protein shake).

Just finishing day 3 of my full liquid pre-op diet -- with the exception of a late lunch on xmas day, but liquids the rest of xmas day. I think it's going surprisingly well so far. I've been able to get about 110 grams of Protein each day and over 100 oz of Water.

I think what has helped the most was gradually making changes over the last 6 weeks or so. I've been caffeine and soda free since Dec 1st, and really started trying to decrease the sugar and carb intake during that time.

A little concerned for the weekend as we're heading to Lake Tahoe for New Year's, but taking my Protein Powder and heading to the grocery store as soon as we get there to stock up on supplies.

Down 33 lb since Aug 1st when my nutrition classes started. Hoping to get down near 300 lb before surgery. Getting really stoked for surgery day!

Edited by LVB

I’m doing plication on january 14th

WishIng you well, my friend Kay had wonderful results from hers, may you also!😝🙏❤

January 17th. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Well we all, feel that, even the one like me that wanted surgery so bad, it is a big, life-changing event, changes so much but so Worth It!

10 hours ago, LVB said:

A little concerned for the weekend as we're heading to Lake Tahoe for New Year's, but taking my Protein Powder and heading to the grocery store as soon as we get there to stock up on supplies.

Down 33 lb since Aug 1st when my nutrition classes started. Hoping to get down near 300 lb before surgery. Getting really stoked for surgery day!

Good luck on New Year's! I'll be home, pretending my Crystal Light is champagne 😂

Eleven more days!!!

9 hours ago, shanabanana4 said:

I’m doing plication on january 14th

I've never heard of gastric plication before; I just looked it up—good luck and congrats!

1 hour ago, Tina from Ohio said:

January 17th. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Congrats! Me too; I'm mostly excited, but I've never been put under so anesthesia makes me a little nervous.

Dats are getting shorter till then, you still are about ready for it all?

Day 2 of pre-op diet and it went a little better but I have the worst headache. I’m hoping my body adjusts and it goes away soon.