Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m nervous too but I’m so excited for this new journey! Stressing over my pre-op diet ( starting the 3rd) more than anything🤦🏼‍♀️

Anyone else started their pre-op diet? How's it going?

3 minutes ago, anonbaribabe said:

Anyone else started their pre-op diet? How's it going?

Kind of started yesterday ... since it was Xmas day spouse and I had an early lunch of roast duck with stuffing ... but rest of the day was all liquids. Continuing full liquids today in earnest ... not going to bad so far. Had a Premier Protein shake this morning, and has Soup with a Premier Protein Clear for lunch. Lots of Water and herbal teas in between.

18 minutes ago, LVB said:

Kind of started yesterday ... since it was Xmas day spouse and I had an early lunch of roast duck with stuffing ... but rest of the day was all liquids. Continuing full liquids today in earnest ... not going to bad so far. Had a Premier Protein shake this morning, and has Soup with a Premier Protein Clear for lunch. Lots of Water and herbal teas in between.

Glad to hear it's going well! My doctor told me that no one should have to start the pre-op diet on Christmas so he allowed me to start today instead 😂 So far, so good! I've only had one Protein Shake and Water today, but I also get 2 meals (60% lean Protein, 40% non-starchy vegetables). Hopefully these next couple of weeks go by quickly!

6 minutes ago, anonbaribabe said:

Glad to hear it's going well! My doctor told me that no one should have to start the pre-op diet on Christmas so he allowed me to start today instead 😂 So far, so good! I've only had one Protein Shake and Water today, but I also get 2 meals (60% lean Protein, 40% non-starchy vegetables). Hopefully these next couple of weeks go by quickly!

My doc recommended a full liquid diet for two weeks prior to surgery. He didn't require it but indicated any weight loss pre-surgery would reduce risk of complications during surgery ... so why not do it!

Edited by LVB

Doc gave me 3 day post op liquid diet but I started today which is 8 days before my surgery and I must admit I'm already thinking about cheating I'm really hungry but my will power is much stronger

1 hour ago, LVB said:

My doc recommended a full liquid diet for two weeks prior to surgery. He didn't require it but indicated any weight loss pre-surgery would reduce risk of complications during surgery ... so why not do it!

That's interesting that it's not required. My surgeon only requires a completely liquid pre-op diet for patients over a certain BMI—otherwise, it's 2 Protein Shakes and 2 meals.

1 hour ago, Leigh W said:

Starting diet tomorrow! I’m so ready but I might change my mind once I start! 😂

That's how I feel 😂 I'm glad that I'm off work for a while...that way I can just sleep if I'm too miserable.

1 hour ago, Fatcutie81 said:

Doc gave me 3 day post op liquid diet but I started today which is 8 days before my surgery and I must admit I'm already thinking about cheating I'm really hungry but my will power is much stronger

You can do it! Each day you'll be one step closer to surgery :)

Surgery is scheduled for Jan 11th!

I’m having the gastric sleeve surgery on December 31.