Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's talk about panties!

Ok, so, I'm having underwear issues. Even though I never liked briefs, now I need to wear them. I'm 3 months post op and need to replace all my undies because they are too loose. I had a large umbilical hernia repair at the same time so I'm really sensitive to the loose skin that is starting to form in my FUPA area. It pulls down from my belly button and is really uncomfortable. Plastics will fix it eventually but for now i need supportive underwear but not Shapewear. Shapewear is too restrictive even when it's a little big and I struggle to eat or drink while wearing it. I wear spandex leggings under my sweats when working out, but again, same issues eating and drinking. People, I cannot remove my panties every time I need food or water!

These panties from Target worked great for me; just high enough, accommodates my belly, not too tight on the legs. But they only come in plus size and the smallest ones (1X) no longer fit! However I found non-plus size panties, even briefs, dont give me enough coverage.

Please, tell me your favorite brands/styles of panties and where to get them. Ideally in a brick and mortar shop so I can try on. Hoping for a good selection!

GUEST_9c177469-a751-4b12-9b1b-1934add48935.jpeg

Lane Bryant has a fantastic selection of Cacique undies, especially if you catch a 5 for $35 sale. I believe their smallest size is 14/16, but depending on the cut/style, true fit can vary. I have some 14/16 hipster style briefs and they are pretty small and don't hold everything in like I want. My favorite of theirs are any of the full-brief with a thick waist elastic. Their undies literally last forever and if you can get lucky enough to find any silky stretchy fabric briefs, those let your clothes slide on easily while keeping all the extra stuff well tucked in. Love them!

Here's a couple links (click the pic) :

Cotton Full-Brief Panty - Shine Logo Waistband

Level 1 Smoother High-Waist Brief Panty

Edited by Kimmie K

41 minutes ago, Naughty Glitter Goddess said:

Ok, so, I'm having underwear issues. Even though I never liked briefs, now I need to wear them. I'm 3 months post op and need to replace all my undies because they are too loose. I had a large umbilical hernia repair at the same time so I'm really sensitive to the loose skin that is starting to form in my FUPA area. It pulls down from my belly button and is really uncomfortable. plastics will fix it eventually but for now i need supportive underwear but not Shapewear. Shapewear is too restrictive even when it's a little big and I struggle to eat or drink while wearing it. I wear spandex leggings under my sweats when working out, but again, same issues eating and drinking. People, I cannot remove my panties every time I need food or water!

These panties from Target worked great for me; just high enough, accommodates my belly, not too tight on the legs. But they only come in plus size and the smallest ones (1X) no longer fit! However I found non-plus size panties, even briefs, dont give me enough coverage.

Please, tell me your favorite brands/styles of panties and where to get them. Ideally in a brick and mortar shop so I can try on. Hoping for a good selection!

GUEST_9c177469-a751-4b12-9b1b-1934add48935.jpeg

Great advice from @Kimmie K

I learned the hard way. Try all clothing on before you buy. Things fit differently month to month. Be prepared to go through many styles and sizes. You will be left with an overflowing panty/clothing drawer.

Other option is comando...*just kidding*

Nice thing about LB is you can buy online and return in the store if anything doesn't fit. Just keep all the tags on and the plastic baggies they ship each pair of undies in. If you go in the store you may have more selection like if they have a bin of stuff on clearance or something. Always treasures to be found at LB :P My entire adult life I've bought no where else other than this store simply because their stuff just fits perfectly, no matter how lumpy I've been LOLOL Their bras too. OMG if they ever go out of business before I die, I'll never wear another bra again :D

I have some from Warners called "No Wedgie" that I have worn for several years now. They are getting a little big now so plan to get some new ones. I bought them at Kohls because that is always the best price (when they send coupons and Kohl's cash). This ones are great because they do not ride up even with jeans. With dress pants, I wear some bike short type ones that are not tight at all, they are from Maidenform. Kohls has about a million pair of panties so that would be a good place to try on a variety.

I HATE underwear! I'm buying some so my rear doesn't hang out from the back of my gown while in hospital, but OH GOD tell me I won't have to wear them after!!!!

Get ones with flowers or big polka dots. Might,as well rock something when you're on the walk to recovery!