Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry to make this post so for Black women.

But we have different hair texture and skin texture.

I have searched these topics but i don't see any black women really commenting on this.

I'm just looking for PEACE of mind. WAS THE Hair loss THAT BAD? And how about the loose skin?

Loss skin i can live with honestly but my HAIR oh gawd. That to me is a deal breaker.

My hair was thinning from before this so to avoid anymore breaking I’ve been wearing extensions 😃lol. Also loose skin not too bad mainly my bat wings so far

I used the Amino Acid LLysine to prevent/mitigate hairloss. It did work for me, but hairloss will vary depending on many many factors.

I thought I would be ok with loose skin but... It seems like I hit a point and then all of a sudden I looked... Not great. To be fair I could no longer consistently go to the gym because of illness.

Tone along the way if you can.

Edited by GreenTealael

I am only 6 weeks out and use L-Lysine and Biotin. So far no loss, but it is still early. I will know if I start losing locks...yikes, but since I have well over 500 of them, it should be manageable...I hope {fingers crossed}! There are so many determining factors for both Hair loss and loose skin that the results are highly individualized.

I'm 5 years out. I experienced some thinning at around 1 year out. It lasted for a year but grew back. It's not as thick but I think age has something to do with it also. I have locs now and a full head of hair.

HW 314 SW 296 GW 177 CW 169

I braided my hair the week before my surgery in August and have had it braided every since. Last time I took them down everything looked good but I'm curious how things will be this time around since I'm further along. I am also taking Biotin and try to get my Protein. Like you, I am terrified to see my hair falling out

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Was there any changes in the texture or curl pattern? I'm thinking no but I don't want to assume.

4 hours ago, LadySin said:

Was there any changes in the texture or curl pattern? I'm thinking no but I don't want to assume.

Not for me... but I'm not a loose natural, my hair has been trained to a specific pattern for decades.

Edited by GreenTealael

Not for me... but I'm not a loose natural, my hair has been trained to a specific pattern for decades.
Me neither. My hair is thinner but my curl pattern is the same.

HW 314 SW 296 GW 177 CW 169