Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pet Peeves

This isn't a full-blown rant, just an irritation. But dang it! I am so tired of eating cold food already! We take such little portions and eat them so slowly, that the food is almost always stone cold and unappealing after a few bites. I may not be eating much, but I want to enjoy what I do eat! (As I finish my little bowl of barely warm oatmeal)

Anybody else got a peeve?

4 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

This isn't a full-blown rant, just an irritation. But dang it! I am so tired of eating cold food already! We take such little portions and eat them so slowly, that the food is almost always stone cold and unappealing after a few bites. I may not be eating much, but I want to enjoy what I do eat! (As I finish my little bowl of barely warm oatmeal)

I keep these for my Soups and coffee: https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_atf_aps_sr_pg1_1?ie=UTF8&adId=A053106738LGU5OZ9U4U2&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FMr-Coffee-Warmer-Office-MWBLKPDQ-RB%2Fdp%2FB000CO89T8%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1_sspa%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1542372833%26sr%3D8-1-spons%26keywords%3Dcoffee%2Bwarmer%2Bfor%2Bdesk%26psc%3D1&qualifier=1542372833&id=4272386340709218&widgetName=sp_atf

And warm plate:

https://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-Mealtime-Non-Flip-Dishwasher-Microwave/dp/B006W79MAY/ref=sr_1_19_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1542372864&sr=8-19&keywords=baby+food+warmer

Ring Ring! Santa?? I've been a very good girl.

;) hehehe. Sadly I eat at normal pace now...with normal size bites. Prolly should rein that in...right?

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Sadly I eat at normal pace now...with normal size bites.

But since the quantities are so small, doesn't that mean you're done in about 5 minutes?

Thanks for the links!

12 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

But since the quantities are so small, doesn't that mean you're done in about 5 minutes?

Thanks for the links!

I wish...I didn't take a photo of last night's dinner but here's what I had:

1 big side salad (leaf lettuce, super greens, baby spin, onion, radish, rbp, avocado, rf feta, WF Italian)

3.5oz grilled sockeye with lemon wedge

2oz grilled asparagus

I had a clean plate after.

For lunch I had a big cup of green Soup with Gulf Shrimp. Again, clean plate award. And my "bedtime snack" was really pre-dinner. I had a cup of coffee and 2 ounces of Premier. (I don't count the Protein in Bone Broth since it's collagen based and not a source of complete protein, so subtract 18g from the daily protein total.) Again, clean bowl.

I eat as much as a skinny female these days. Only I'm not skinny. LOL. Wish it wasn't true, but it is.

image.thumb.png.f3447b2df5edb3ab38053526e04ee69c.png

Edited by FluffyChix

27 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'm like @FluffyChix I eat at regular pace too now but small bites, but I do chew meats very well. I have a small thermos that I can put food in to keep it warm, maybe try that.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

1 big side salad (leaf lettuce, super greens, baby spin, onion, radish, rbp, avocado, rf feta, WF Italian)

2oz grilled asparagus

For lunch I had a big cup of green Soup with Gulf Shrimp. Again, clean plate award. And my "bedtime snack" was really pre-dinner. I had a cup of coffee and 2 ounces of Premier. (I don't count the Protein in Bone Broth since it's collagen based and not a source of complete Protein, so subtract 18g from the daily protein total.) Again, clean bowl.

I eat as much as a skinny female these days. Only I'm not skinny. LOL. Wish it wasn't true, but it is.

You ate all that for under 600 cal? Holy cow, woman!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Ugh I’m like Fluffy. I take more normal size bites but I do chew very well. I do find that my food is sometimes cold, but maybe it’s because I’m not eating big heaping bowls of hot Pasta and such anymore...😂

I like Soup, it stays warm. 😀

15 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

Ugh I’m like Fluffy. I take more normal size bites but I do chew very well. I do find that my food is sometimes cold, but maybe it’s because I’m not eating big heaping bowls of hot Pasta and such anymore...😂

I like Soup, it stays warm. 😀

Love love love soup! And salad! :) And it's so weird isn't it? I used to adore gooey cheesy casseroly comforty stuff. And sometimes I "think" I still crave it, but then I eat a bite, and I'm like, "Meh...not so much." Instead, I find myself craving my grilled or sauteed simple lean Protein and a lean veg/salad.

And like @Orchids&Dragons said, I can jam pack a crapton of food into 500-600 cals! I've told this before, but my RD was super stressed at my calories. Then I show her pics and show her my food logs and she relaxes. She still says my cals are too low, but she can't answer when I ask her...I have thousands of fat calories packed on my ass. Besides the bare minimum fat I need to absorb my fat soluble Vitamins, why do I need to inflate my cals/fats with dietary added fat? Why can't I just eat lean and super low and let my body pull the fat energy from the fat?

I'm still on full liquids, so I am assuming (hoping!) this changes, but everything tastes so bad to be now, and having to take teeny sips and nurse this horrible swill just makes it seem like I'm being tortured all day with this awful taste. Then there is the aftertaste that lingers. I will have the best dental hygiene ever because I am constantly brushing my teeth!

I also eat at a normal pace, no one would be able to tell I had surgery from watching me eat, it's how I can get away with not telling everyone the absolute truth lol, but I tend to eat my food burning hot, always have

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Edited by GreenTealael

2 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

People asking to make sure I don't want to lose more weight.

"Like, maybe ... But remember when y'all thought I was too big, now y'all don't want me too small"

SMH...

The Goldilock Greek Chorus

😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

People asking to make sure I don't want to lose more weight.

"Like, maybe ... But remember when y'all thought I was too big, now y'all don't want me too small"

SMH...

The Goldilock Greek Chorus

😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

Totally get it. I think in their heads they still see the "fat us", and haven't processed the new look. I'm getting called "Skinny Minnie" at work, and at 168#, I am definitely not skinny. And, yes, being asked, "You don't want to lose MORE weight, do you?" Ummm, yeah, I do!

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

2oz grilled asparagus

For lunch I had a big cup of green Soup with Gulf Shrimp. Again, clean plate award. And my "bedtime snack" was really pre-dinner. I had a cup of coffee and 2 ounces of Premier. (I don't count the Protein in Bone Broth since it's collagen based and not a source of complete Protein, so subtract 18g from the daily protein total.) Again, clean bowl.

Fluffy- What app is this from? I really like the breakout of your food log.

My pet peeve- I don't if it is resolvable-!! Well here it goes. My body is giving me the sensation that it is SUPER HUNGRY. May be true hunger, head hunger, the mostly evil 5 new ulcers, the ones developed after*surgery while on Omeprazole therapy. I told NP, dieticians et all, that drug IS NOT GASTROPROTECTIVE in my case. Did they listen? Nope like a spoiled 5 year old they sat there ignoring ME. They may have the degrees , I just have the body, now with a fresh not yet bleeding, not yet perforating. 5 evil ulcers. TOLD YOU SO ! Their answer: double up on what didn't already work! And I have a stricture, oh they poo-pooed me on THAT also, told them at 2 weeks I don't think SOMETHING is working , their answer You're Swollen and still healing! Well maybe so but I sure healed into a STRICTURE.
So here I am , my body and emotions saying Danger Will,Robinson-- You are starving, heading for a sorrowful malabsorption And Hospitalization🏣on IVs- NPO- TPN or a Feeding Tube.
And also in that ring is Precious Pouch, the spoiled- brat gastric pouch. She feels there is no soft food, no puree, worth her trouble. So_ repulse_ them_ all. 💦
liquids are fine & Liquids are sweet whenever I've got them***
Everything else comes up before it hardly hits bottom***.
The one blessings twisted as it is-- nothing really stays down long enough to develop a partially digested odor. Slime-foam- Fluid and what she is repelling. Another mini-question , since she is so proficent at upchucking will she remain Bulemic/anorexic after the Stricture is released? I really though I bought the" Healthier and Thinner for the Rest of Your Life" model not the "Delicate and Bruised as Easily as A Gardenia Petal "model. Did I get the Shipping # Wrong?
So Bari-People I invite you help me find the ☀in the ☁💦☔of my current life!