Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weight loss challenge

On 12/26/2018 at 11:09 AM, LadySin said:
  1. Man f**k rice!

Hahaha! I'm gonna go out on a limb and ask if you're from the South? I am from Houston. We're part of the rice belt and growing up it was practically a 5th food group. I heart it so dam* much. I'd probably sell Mr. F. for a bowl of rice with gravy and some meat...LOL.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Hahaha! I'm gonna go out on a limb and ask if you're from the South?

Dangit the curse has followed me here as well! My dad is from Louisiana and my mom is South Carolina. Here I am, born, bred, raised in Michigan, yet as soon as I open I mouth people are like "what part of Texas are you from?" 😒

OMG all the jokes in school! I was cowgirl this, or Texas toast that. Where on this side of the Mason-Dixon is this mystery accent this people claim I have!?

A long time ago when I was a bright eyed and bushy tailed Sin, I was working in a retirement home. This one dude I was taking care of was blind and deaf so he had this device that we would speak into and it would amplify our voice to his headphones. Well that thing sucked ass because we'd have to yell into that thing so damn hard! Whenever I'd take care of him he's say "Oh you're that county gal" Or my favorite "Oh is everything bigger in Texas, or are you just happy to see me?" I'm stuck wondering WTF are you talking about old man? Are you sure you're telling this joke right?Instead I'd just fake laugh. Oh the things we'll tolerate for pay.

So long story short; no. No I ain't from the south sweetheart. 😂

15 minutes ago, LadySin said:

Dangit the curse has followed me here as well! My dad is from Louisiana and my mom is South Carolina. Here I am, born, bred, raised in Michigan, yet as soon as I open I mouth people are like "what part of Texas are you from?" 😒

OMG all the jokes in school! I was cowgirl this, or Texas toast that. Where on this side of the Mason-Dixon is this mystery accent this people claim I have!?

A long time ago when I was a bright eyed and bushy tailed Sin, I was working in a retirement home. This one dude I was taking care of was blind and deaf so he had this device that we would speak into and it would amplify our voice to his headphones. Well that thing sucked ass because we'd have to yell into that thing so damn hard! Whenever I'd take care of him he's say "Oh you're that county gal" Or my favorite "Oh is everything bigger in Texas, or are you just happy to see me?" I'm stuck wondering WTF are you talking about old man? Are you sure you're telling this joke right?Instead I'd just fake laugh. Oh the things we'll tolerate for pay.

So long story short; no. No I ain't from the south sweetheart. 😂

Yeah you are (from the South), cuz of your mama and daddy. The two of them gave you that accent and the primordial love of all things rice. ROFL! South Carolina has their "golden rice" that is a heritage breed and base so many dishes on rice. And amplify that for Louisiana! And as long as you're talking Michigan, don't forget about the wild rice fields up there! :D

Eat Okra, maybe the rice will slide out better? See, I actually LIKE the stuff, maybe it, spoon bread, and collard greens are my rice, although the greens do keep you looser!

And I had so many Southern aunts and uncles marry in that I am an Official Buckeye Red neck . Family just shakes their heads with me, my greens and Hot Sauce, Need to cook me some more, like Mama's Milk maybe they would stay down!

18 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

And I had so many Southern aunts and uncles marry in that I am an Official Buckeye Red neck . Family just shakes their heads with me, my greens and Hot Sauce, Need to cook me some more, like Mama's Milk maybe they would stay down!

Girrrrl I had some greens and hot sauce Monday night for dinner and let me tell you! I ain't even miss the ham.

If they are done right you don't, but I have cheated a couple times and thrown Turkey ham in, I've used smoked pork chops, Not as fine as the real thing! Had a West Virginia cousin take me down to the Ramp festival, ramps are a member of the onion family, but pretty dog-good, had fiddlehead ferns cooked, kind of resembles aspargus, and I ❤ dandelion greens wilted with bacon dressing, a little sweet, a little tart and so savory!

And Happy New 2019 to everyone! What plans do you have for New Years Eve?

On 11/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:
  • Challenge Starting weight: 190
  • Current weight lost: 20.8
  • Losing or maintaining weight: Losing
  • Fitness/exercise goal: 6 days/week
  • Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019)
  • Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) Struggles: Lately I have been having difficulty getting in water/fluids. I am now using a straw (with permission), which is helping tremendously.

• Challenge Starting weight: 190
  • Current weight lost: 30
  • Losing or maintaining weight: Losing
  • Fitness/exercise goal: 6 days/week...didn't happen consistently
  • Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019): 9.2!! (CW 180.8)
  • Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) Struggles: During this challenge, I was in a stall most weeks with an overall loss of 9.2#...SCORE!!! On the weeks that I lost, it was one pound or less. I went to DisneyWorld for Christmas (5 days) and came back to a 4 pound loss!! Thanks Mickey...I think. I'll take it!😊

Thanks @Healthy_life for starting this challenge. I can't remember a time when I lost nearly 10 pounds (or any pounds?) over the holidays!

Here's my final tally! Thanks for the challenge!

1. Challenge Starting weight: 168.8
  2. Current weight lost: 114.2
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: losing
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: To get back to walking 7 days/week
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019): 11.0 lbs.
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) Well, working on controlling my grazing. Now that I can eat enough food at one sitting, I have no excuse other than I like it. That will be my challenge for 2019.

On 11/17/2018 at 09:42, sassysleever76 said:

1) challenge starting weight: 197

2) current weight lost: 53

3) losing or maintaining: losing

4) fitness goal: to work out at least three times a week

5) post challenge weight loss: unknown

6) check in: I was actually looking for something that was going to focus on the holidays, so this is perfect! I’m hitting the gym hard with my trainer and it feels great! Although I notice I seem to be grazing a bit more than usual, nothing unhealthy so I can help but wonder if the increase in activity means my body wants a few more grams of Protein. Hmmm :) good luck with this first week everyone!
Final Check In!
Challenge weight loss: 9 lbs!
Total weight loss: 62 lbs!
Still losing ;)

Thanks for helping me get through the holidays! Currently increasing my exercise and learning how to eat only to fuel my body. But overall feel successful getting through the holidays!

May 2019 bring your joy, happiness, and health!

On 11/17/2018 at 16:42, NYJenn said:

Starting 210 lbs

Weight lost: 78 lbs so far

Still losing

Exercise goal: attend my class 2xs per week

Happy New Year
Final weigh in 197
Weight lost during challenge: 13 lbs
😊

On 11/17/2018 at 11:24, AEdoesRnY said:

1. Challenge Starting weight: 226.1

2. Current weight lost: -56.3

3. Losing or maintaining weight: Losing

4. Fitness/exercise goal: Go to gym three times per week, close "Move" ring every day on apple watch, close "Exercise" ring at least 4x per week.

5. Hopefully a bunch lol!

6. Check in: Diet plan is going okay, I'm still struggling a lot with snacking and making good choices for dinner. Debating whether to start trying out some intermittent fasting type plans, but have to do some more research on it before committing. One of my goals since I've started working out finally is to try to increase my Water intake. I've been doing pretty well with hitting 64 oz of fluids daily, but often a lot of that is non-water (protein shake, milk, iced tea, etc.). My new goal is to start with definitely having at least 64oz of specifically Water every day, and then move up to having at least 80oz of water every day. I'm thinking of being high maintenance and getting another water bottle...I have one 32oz bottle for home, one 32oz bottle for work, and then I'm thinking if I get one more that's something like 16oz or 20oz I can keep track of hitting 80. But then I think I'm being a hoarder with too many water bottles lol! I've started working out and it's been GREAT to be back in the gym. I had a few free sessions with a trainer from when I signed up, and between those and going to some classes I feel like I've been more effective when I go than I had been before. I'd love to start working toward jogging a bit/running a little before the end of this challenge, because beign able to do running/jogging is one of my primary weight loss goals!

My challenge ending weight was 213.6, so I lost 12.5 pounds. Less than I was hoping for over almost two months but at least it was progress!

I did start the couch to five k program which I’m really excited about. I never got to a place of consistently hitting my exercise goals because it always felt like there were extenuating circumstances/things coming up to get in the way. Hoping to be able to refocus and get into a routine now that it’s the new year and fewer disruptions of family and travel!

9 hours ago, NYJenn said:

Happy New Year
Final weigh in 197
Weight lost during challenge: 13 lbs
😊

Hit Onederland over the Holidays! Congrats!