Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weight loss challenge

Challenge Starting weight: 148.4lbs / CW 151.2lbs (+2.8lbs) / 149.6lbs (+1.2lbs)

Current weight lost: 137.4lbs

WLS Starting weight: 287lbs

Losing or maintaining weight: Losing but just barely!!!!! (slowly) Working on Goal#2 - 140lbs

Fitness/exercise goal: Exercise 6-7 days per week with 3 days being strength building with bands

Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) To Come

Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped)--Diet is back on track mainly. Still having hiccups on the weekends with making good food choices. Trying to look and "act" as a skinny woman, making skinny woman weight loss choices--like if I'm gonna have a thrill meal that day, then will economize on calories and carbs but get my Protein in for the remaining day and maybe go stripped down the following day.

I have opted to spend all three of these holidays alone so... no temptations or annoyances. Challenge complete. LOL. Sitting quietly alone with my smoosh watching Twilight Zone marathon on NYE. Holllaaa.

Edited by mousecat88

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, AshMarie794 said:

Challenge Starting weight: 209

Current weight lost: 49

Losing or maintaining weight: losing.

Fitness/exercise goal: 5x a week

Current Weight: 198!!

FINALLY HIT ONEDERLAND!!!

Still losing and gym 5x a week

1 hour ago, AshMarie794 said:

Current Weight: 198!!

FINALLY HIT ONEDERLAND!!!

Still losing and gym 5x a week

Congrats on onderland! Best Christmas present ever.

1. Challenge Starting weight: 133
  2. Todays weight 134
  3. Maintaining weight
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: Just found out my insurance pays for a gym membership. Checking out new gym's.
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019)

Check in: NSV Bought the cutest pair of roxy snow pants. Bring on the snow.

Roxy-Backyard-White-10K-Snowboard-Pants-_279840-alt1-US.jpg

Weekly check in!

Challenge Starting Weight: 177.6

Today's Weight: 174.0

Down 3.6lbs since challenge start

I woke up this past Saturday with no voice, so after being sick for 5 weeks I finally caved and went to the doctor on Sunday. Bronchitis & Laryngitis....🤦‍♀️. So my workout routine has been put on hold this week while I am recouping. I finished my Zpack yesterday and am feeling quite a bit better. I plan to get back to my routine of waking up an hour early and working out on Monday. I put it out there in the universe for you to see, so now I've got to keep my word! Despite being sick I still managed to keep my eating under control and not eating for comfort. Hopefully I can continue to slowly tick off the lbs!

On 11/30/2018 at 18:36, sassysleever76 said:

Weekly check in #2

1) 197

2) 193

3) losing

4) only got in two workouts this week with my trainer, had sick kiddos at home :/

5) lost 4 lbs in the challenge so far

6) this was an off week for me, lots of work, little time at the gym, and sick kids. Taking it for a loss and continuing on!
Weekly check in #3
1) 197
2) 188
3) losing
4) working out with trainer and thinking I need to add something non my days off ....
5) lost 9 lbs in the challenge so far
6) an emotional week and it was my husband’s birthday. He would have been 50 this year ... we lost him far too young :( but I’m moving forward. So I’ll take the two lbs I lost and keep moving forward.

Checking in:

1. Challenge Starting weight: 168.8, now 157.0
  2. Current weight lost: 115.0
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: losing
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: To get back to walking 7 days/week
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019): ???
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) So far Mother-in-Law visit has gone well. She was even complimentary of my weight loss. Youngest son graduated college today. Off to a barbecue place to Celebrate. I'm so excited that I can probably eat some smoked chicken. The last two times we went there I ate about 1/3 cup of a baked potato while jealously watching my family eat all the good stuff.

On 11/17/2018 at 16:42, NYJenn said:

Starting 210 lbs

Weight lost: 78 lbs so far

Still losing

Exercise goal: attend my class 2xs per week

Current: 199 lbs 😊
Weight loss; 89 lbs and counting
Exercise Goal: didn’t attend class at all this week, dealing with a possible stricture and feeling like death

Holding at 155lbs (hell week)

NSV: I bought new workout gear, let's see if I do anything besides read in them. #athlazy

Edited by GreenTealael

In a stall. So frustrating!!!!! I have gained and lost the same 1-2lbs for two weeks now. Only 7.2 lbs lost since the start of the challenge.

Sent from my VS996 using BariatricPal mobile app

Checking in...

Challenge start weight: 238
Current weight: 233

The holidays have been a struggle. Too many “oh well, It’s Christmas!” cheats.

I have a month left of the honeymoon period and really need to take advantage to get some high losses.

I know as my weight goes down, the loss numbers will, too. It’s just hard to wrap my mind around- even though I know scientifically you lose 10lbs quicker at 300lbs than you do at 230lbs.

I need to stick to plan and stay on track!

2. Current weight: 138. Four pounds up from last check in.
  3. Maintaining:
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: Changing gyms in the new year. Also changing my workouts up.
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019):

Check in: This is the time of year I start justifying food choices. . Each weekend I'm telling myself I'll get back on track and then blow it and eat unhealthy. It's a old crappy behavior that sets me back and has never served me well. I can eat like I never had surgery. It's a reminder of how easy it is to gain and how slow the weight comes off years out.

I'm maintaining and the gain is not out of control. I will get it back down. I am I feeling sluggish, have a headache, and craving sugar/carbs. I wanted to stay on track to rock a new years dress. I have 15 days to shake off this gain. Ugh what was I thinking.😠

20 minutes ago, Healthy_life said:
  2. Current weight: 138. Four pounds up from last check in.
  3. Maintaining:
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: Changing gyms in the new year. Also changing my workouts up.
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019):

Check in: This is the time of year I start justifying food choices. . Each weekend I'm telling myself I'll get back on track and then blow it and eat unhealthy. It's a old crappy behavior that sets me back and has never served me well. I can eat like I never had surgery. It's a reminder of how easy it is to gain and how slow the weight comes off years out.

I'm maintaining and the gain is not out of control. I will get it back down. I am I feeling sluggish, have a Headache, and craving sugar/carbs. I wanted to stay on track to rock a new years dress. I have 15 days to shake off this gain. Ugh what was I thinking.😠

Ugh! I feel ya sistah!!! So after particularly bad choices this weekend where I actually found to my horror that I do not dump...I'm up to 153 (from 148). Even though analytically, I know I haven't gained 5 lbs from a couple of Christmas Cookies and a few Lay's potato chips, I shudder at how quickly the pounds pack on me, and how slowly they are to leave as you say! :( Even in the honeymoon phase they take damn long to leave! *SOB*

I am such a great rationalizer. Why do you think we humans are so good at that? I do love Mondays cuz for the most part the top of the week, is habitually the time when I nut up and knuckle down on hijinx and get back into the right frame of mind...but by Thursday or Friday? I'm lookin' to sin again. *le sigh*

So today I went back and looked at the early months/calories/macros when I was losing so outstandingly. My plan is to resolve for 1 day only -- cuz I can endure anything for 1 day -- to use a menu from those days and eat according to that plan. By hook or by crook, I'm sticking the landing today. Then tomorrow, I will recommit my bad self. I guess maybe we'll talk again on Thursday lol...

30 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

...but by Thursday or Friday? I'm lookin' to sin again. *le sigh*

I just love you.