Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weight loss challenge

1. Challenge Starting weight: 210 - currently 206.6
  2. Current weight lost: 170.4 pounds , weight loss since challenge accepted, 3.4 pounds
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: still losing- 31.6 pounds to go.
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: 4xs a week at gym, 5 miles of walking each day. - not happening. So much crap going on. I know, excuses, excuses.
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) 11 pounds, onederland by Jan 1 - 7.6 pound to go.
  6. Check in: Getting it going again. Have not be great with physical activity this week, but making my 5 miles most days. Need to commit to getting back to the gym, but this week I don't think it will happen. AM eating on point. PM eating I fall apart.

Edited by YeahOkay31

On 11/14/2018 at 12:28 PM, skinnylife said:
  • Challenge Starting weight: 154
  • Current weight lost: 94+
  • Losing or maintaining weight: IDEK...

• Fitness/exercise goal: meh... I'm tired these days not gonna lie. But I should work on muscle and more endurance, but I need the rest of my fat for fat transfers during plastics 😎

• Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) TBD

• Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? I have been fatigued so the gym and I have been in a "Ross and Rachel break", my diet is tight as usual.

1. Challenge Starting weight: 199
  2. Current weight lost: 30
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: Lose
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: 5-6/week
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (from Dec 5 through Jan. 1)- 10 pounds
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing -I am doing well with small portions and have started running again, which I love. I used to like things which were pretty healthy for me- grilled chicken, eggs, etc. Now I have a really hard time with certain meats (chicken, turkey) and can't stand eggs. I also do weight watchers, so I track everything.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

I'm so jealous that you are having plastics. What are you going to get done?

1. Challenge Starting weight: 148.4lbs / CW 151.2lbs (+2.8lbs)
  2. Current weight lost: 135.8lbs
  3. WLS Starting weight: 287lbs
  4. Losing or maintaining weight: Losing but just barely!!!!! (slowly) Working on Goal#2 - 140lbs
  5. Fitness/exercise goal: Exercise 6-7 days per week with 3 days being strength building with bands
  6. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) To Come

Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped)--

Stress level is pretty high, trying to satisfy everyone's needs and get a million things done in time for Christmas while not feeling that great--and having to do 5 days of medical tests and a few more doc appts. Sigh. I also don't want to "be good" and on a diet. I want to have treats. I want to imbibe at all our social functions and eat what I want. But I can't. And things are now "getting old." It's time to put a new spin on things and get excited about reaching Goal #2--not just accept mediocrity cuz I feel great in my clothes and I'm getting compliments!

Notoriously bad about follow-through on challenges. And let this be a lesson to all of you...the chickens DO come home to roost and we eventually WILL be penalized for bad behavior! Bahahahahaaha!

Two things happened during my "Fatsgiving Break". I got off ALL my BP meds (the last one was a diuretic). And I ate and drank bad bad bad bad things. I'm very carb sensitive. So I blushingly came back at 158.6lbs. Yes, you read that correctly. One hundred and 58.6 forking dorking pounds! A ton of that was Fluid. I could see it everywhere! So consequently, it's December 4th today and I am STILL jacking with the Fatsgiving regain debacle. Don't let this happen to you.

12 minutes ago, skinnylife said:

I'm so jealous that you are having plastics. What are you going to get done?

Im trying to speak it into existence, i need a few things

😎😎😎😎

Edited by GreenTealael

I just saw this on "the FB" :) and thought I'd share. I needed a reminder.

image.png.5a855ec5d1c76def8ef4d82cc1723815.png

Checking in!

Challenge Starting weight: 200

Current weight lost:: since starting the this challenge 8 pounds, down to 192!

Losing or maintaining weight: Losing

Fitness/exercise goal: Exercise every other day, been doing cardio and weight training with a personal trainer

Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019)

Check in: Tell us how you are doing -

How is your diet and exercise plan going? Well. I have pretty much stuck within the limits of what I should be eating. I ventured out a couple times (once on Thanksgiving and once on my mom's bday) My restriction is very string though so i could not venture far. I definitely need to pick up my game a bit with going to the gym. I attend all my schedule sessions with my personal trainer but I'd like to be doing more cardio on own on days that I do not see my trainer.

1) 197
2) 60 lbs baby ‼️
3) losing
4) continue working out 3 x week
5) 7 lbs at this time
6) today is my four month post op and I’ve lost 60lbs, which feels amazing! However i didn’t hit the gym as much as I should this past week so this next week exercise is my focus.

Checking in:

1. Challenge Starting weight: 168.8, now 161.4
  2. Current weight lost: 110.6
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: losing
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: To get back to walking 7 days/week
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019): ???
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) Lost about 7 lbs since the challenge started. Wish I could say it was because of my excellent behavior, but no, just sick as a dog all Thanksgiving week. Doing better now, but mother-in-law arrives for one of my twin's college graduation on Friday. She'll be staying 5 days. Pray for me!!!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

On 11/29/2018 at 7:36 AM, YeahOkay31 said:
  1. I was doing really well, I was down to 208 but after Thanksgiving over indulgence and major stress (my cat of 15 years passed, and two people at work accused me of alcoholism because I look tired and puke in the bathroom---but you can all guess why---I am borderline anemic, low on zinc and Vitamin A---but still the accusation had to go through legal and I had to disclose the fact I had a sleeve)

hoping to toughen up, stop the stress eating and have a big weight loss for December.

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all that, both personal and professional issues. I hope things are leveling out for you now.

11/17/2018 04:42 PM, NYJenn said:

Starting 210 lbs

Weight lost: 78 lbs so far

Still losing

Exercise goal: attend my class 2xs per week

Week three check in
Down 10 pounds (88 lbs total) 
Still losing 2-3 pounds/week
Attended my class once this week. I’m thinking of trying something new, as this class is no longer motivating or challenging

Weekly Check In:
Down 8lbs this week
I broke my stall so I'm pleased
I didn't work out this week but I'm motivated and committed to working out 3x this next week.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Checking in!

Challenge Starting weight: 211.6

Current weight lost: 12 lbs since the start of the challenge, 30.8 lbs gone total - still

Losing or maintaining weight: losing

Fitness/exercise goal: 5 days/week of turning fitbit green: 13,975 steps, 7 floors, 60 active minutes, 5 miles, and 2,687 calories

Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) ???????

Check in: well, I reached a stall this week and have lost no weight. I think part of it may be that my sodium and potassium were so low that I've been having to substitute my Water for Gatorade and propel. So I'm all nice and bloated. Hopefully next week will be back to going down!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

1. Challenge Starting weight: 133
  2. Todays weight 136 up a bit.
  3. Maintaining weight 125 to 135.
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: New lifting plan is fantastic. It's embarrassing to know how weak my upper body is. 💪. Less cardio has made a big difference. ( I run once a week)
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019)

Check in: I have my temptations in check and I'm enjoying the craziness of the holidays. I got brave and ventured into the sauna and steam room friday evening. It was heaven.👼