Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weight loss challenge

Check in!

Monday weight in at 189.8 the morning! So down 4.2 since the challenge started. Yay me!

Haven't got the routine of the intermittent fasting down yet. My worse time for eating is between 5-9 pm. And I haven't been exercising yet. I am working 7 days a week still, 10-14 hrs a day, so my time is limited and i am exhausted but i have to make myself work out even if it is 15 minutes on the treadmill. I am going to start this week!

Challenge Starting weight: 209

Current weight lost: 49

Losing or maintaining weight: losing.

Fitness/exercise goal: 5x a week

On 11/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Week 1 check-in: no access to a scale, will update on Monday. Does working me like a rented mule account for my exercise this week?!...Family!😒

Down 2 pounds!

Hope everyone survived Thanksgiving, December will be here soon. Here comes potlucks , christmas parties, and people bringing goodies to work. All of you are rocking this challenge. Thanks for the support and keeping me on track. Please share your bariatric friendly holiday recipes. I'm in a food rut.

Christmas diet motivation,

giphy.gif

Hey girl, Your pant's wont get tight if you don't wear any.

Weekly check in!

Challenge Starting Weight: 177.6

Today's Weight: 174.8

Down 2.8lbs :D

I had a good Thanksgiving, fell off the wagon a bit and didn't meet my exercise goal for that week (ended up with a horrible chest cold as well). Back on the wagon this week, have worked out 3 mornings in a row this week and will tomorrow morning as well. We did a turkey at my house on Sunday, so still slowly but surely eating turkey...4oz at a time.

1. Challenge Starting weight: 210
  2. Current weight lost: 167 pounds
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: still losing- 35 pounds to go.
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: 4xs a week at gym, 5 miles of walking each day.
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) 11 pounds, onederland by Jan 1
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - I was doing really well, I was down to 208 but after Thanksgiving over indulgence and major stress (my cat of 15 years passed, and two people at work accused me of alcoholism because I look tired and puke in the bathroom---but you can all guess why---I am borderline anemic, low on zinc and Vitamin A---but still the accusation had to go through legal and I had to disclose the fact I had a sleeve)

hoping to toughen up, stop the stress eating and have a big weight loss for December.

1) 133
2) this morning 133
3) maintaining
4) Running season is over. Less cardio more lifting. Building muscle back
5) Total loss at the end of the challenge (posted 2019)

6) Check in: My friends father passed last Saturday. The family is here in Idaho wrapping things up. I've been spending time with them, food choice are limited and I had two drinks last night. I feel sluggish and crappy. They fly out friday. Looking forward to getting back to my healthy zone.

Weekly check in #2
1) 197
2) 193
3) losing
4) only got in two workouts this week with my trainer, had sick kiddos at home :/
5) lost 4 lbs in the challenge so far
6) this was an off week for me, lots of work, little time at the gym, and sick kids. Taking it for a loss and continuing on!

Check in

• Start of challenge 133
  • This morning 135
  • Maintaining my weight
  • Workouts and food have been slack. My friends father passed away. Spent three days with her while she was in town. Back to things this week.
  • two pounds up
  • Into the holidays. I'm making Cookies with my grandson. I can't keep them in the house. I know my weaknesses. Weekends seem to be my biggest challenge. Parties and potlucks. My goal is to rock my New Years dress and go into 2019 without major holiday weight gain.

Checking in!

• Challenge Starting weight: 190
  • Current weight: 188
  • Losing
  • Missed the exercise goal, but will get it this week

Been in a stall for almost two weeks😒...Grrr...onward!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Checking in!

Challenge Starting weight: 211.6

Current weight lost: 12 lbs since the start of the challenge, 30.8 lbs gone total

Losing or maintaining weight: losing

Fitness/exercise goal: 5 days/week of turning fitbit green: 13,975 steps, 7 floors, 60 active minutes, 5 miles, and 2,687 calories

Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) ???????

Check in: I am doing great! I've hit all my goals this last week, followed 16:8 IF, and hit Onederland! This is looking to be my happiest Christmas in a long time20181203_091905.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

18 minutes ago, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

Checking in!

Challenge Starting weight: 211.6

Current weight lost: 12 lbs since the start of the challenge, 30.8 lbs gone total

Losing or maintaining weight: losing

Fitness/exercise goal: 5 days/week of turning fitbit green: 13,975 steps, 7 floors, 60 active minutes, 5 miles, and 2,687 calories

Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) ???????

Check in: I am doing great! I've hit all my goals this last week, followed 16:8 IF, and hit Onederland! This is looking to be my happiest Christmas in a long time20181203_091905.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations! You should make this photo your christmas card. *grin*

1. Challenge Starting weight: My current weight is unknown I last weighted myself a week ago. I was becoming obsessed with the scale so I had to take it to the basement behind the furnace. I feel so free! I'll weigh myself the morning of my next MD appointment. December 27th
  2. Current weight lost: 23lbs
  3. Losing or maintaining weight: losing
  4. Fitness/exercise goal: I bought this awesome desk elliptical thingy called Cubii jr. I love it! I use it at my desk all day. I'm gonna have legs like Tina Turner! I also do upper body weight training with resistance bands.
  5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019)
  6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped) Right now I'm still pre op. I've been approved and I'm awaiting surgery January 15. I'm really good at losing a lot of weight because I practice IF. Problem is I don't stick with it. Knowing I'm going to have surgery has made sticking to a good diet really easy. I put myself on a kinda Optifast diet. Lots of clean Protein Shakes and 1 meal. I consume about 800 calories a day, very little carbs. My goal is to be 245 on my day of surgery!

Checking in! Lost 6.8lbs since the challenge started. I still need to do much better with Fluid intake but I am improving. and I still need to get to exercising! The struggle is real!

Challenge Starting weight: 233

Current weight lost: 38 lbs

Losing or maintaining weight: losing.

Fitness/exercise goal: 2x a week

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Checking in!!!
Challenge starting 233
This a.m. weight --- 226

Holiday stresses in general . Funeral of my grandmother who raised me this weekend. Work stress, long hours.. day to day life!

Pushing on ..she didn't raise a quitter. Getting thru all this while losing still is my motivation... if only at the end I can say I did it !!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app