Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weight loss challenge

My plan is to visit my family for a few days (Wed-Sat) and I'm getting pretty anxious over the food situation!

We're having TG with my brother and his fam. I'm bringing some things I know we can eat and turkey always works. No stress about it. Looking forward to visiting!

Challenge Starting weight: 200.4

Current weight lost: 0

Losing or maintaining weight: LOSING

Fitness/exercise goal: NOT RELEASED YET

JUST JOINING. REVISION RNY 10/25/18

Revision 10/25/18
Kattrax421B.Com
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with catchup!

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, samantha814 said:
  • Challenge Starting weight: 177.6
  • Current weight lost: 89.4
  • Losing or maintaining weight: Lose
  • Fitness/exercise goal: Continue DDPY at least 4x's a week 

Checking in!

Weighed in this morning at 176.2, so down 1.4 from challenge starting weight.
I actually exceeded my goal of DDPY last week and worked out 5 days in a row :) This week I will a bit short and only get 3x's. I ended up getting a terrible chest cold and took off Monday & Tuesday. Will get back on the wagon and workout this evening after work.

Going to my parents house for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm excited to visit and spend time with family, but I always seem to do poorly tracking my intake and portions when I am there (holidays or not)...so I'm going to try to practice more self control and be more diligent in journaling my intake.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

On 11/14/2018 at 12:28, skinnylife said:

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's weight loss challenge

Come challenge yourself and support others struggling through the holidays. This is a weight loss/maintaining personal commitment of healthy eating and exercise.

Starts: Friday the 16th Ends Tuesday January first 2019!!!!! You can do daily or weekly check ins.

Copy the following questions. Paste it in to your reply with each check in.

1. Challenge Starting weight:

2. Current weight lost:

3. Losing or maintaining weight:

4. Fitness/exercise goal:

5. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019)

6. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped)

newyears WLS.jpg

Losing
Walking

Traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday. I did poorly on the day of our flight, but have tried to stick to my plan the last three days. Today is Thanksgiving.. and I am going to try to stick to plan, but may allow myself a bite of one or two things. Luckily we’re doing a small Thanksgiving dinner here, so there’s not a ton of temptation.

Fun fact? I don’t really like roasted turkey. It’s usually dry and flavorless in my opinion. Going to try and overcome this, as it’s my best Protein option today.

On 11/17/2018 at 09:42, sassysleever76 said:

1) challenge starting weight: 197

2) current weight lost: 53

3) losing or maintaining: losing

4) fitness goal: to work out at least three times a week

5) post challenge weight loss: unknown

6) check in: I was actually looking for something that was going to focus on the holidays, so this is perfect! I’m hitting the gym hard with my trainer and it feels great! Although I notice I seem to be grazing a bit more than usual, nothing unhealthy so I can help but wonder if the increase in activity means my body wants a few more grams of Protein. Hmmm :) good luck with this first week everyone!
Weekly check in #1
1) 194
2) 3 lbs since Friday! Total 56 down
3) I’m a loser baby!
4) already worked out three times with my trainer ... woop
5) 3 lbs so far
6) doing great and feeling no stress about the holiday! Spending it with close supportive family and sticking to mainly Protein and veggies. Probably a bite or two of a roll and pie filling, but I’m fine with that as I’m creating a lifestyle not a ‘diet’ .
Happy thanksgiving to you all!

Check in? Weight lost: none. Hello my friend the stall! Also- my routine is junked up so I haven’t been weighing myself regularly.

Exercise? Does trudging through airports, malls, and walking through my alma mater (On, on U of K!) count?

Week one check in
Down -3 lbs
Attended exercise group 1x and due to thanksgiving the second class was canceled, however I did, through walking, swimming and playing with the kids accumulate 185 active mins over the week (avg 25 mins/day) 😊

Week 1 check-in: no access to a scale, will update on Monday. Does working me like a rented mule account for my exercise this week?!...Family!😒

Hi all! I know this is technically week 1 check in but I'm figuring it's never too late to join and be held accountable.

Challenge Starting weight: 211.6 (my weight on the 16th)

Current weight lost: 207.2

Losing or maintaining weight: losing

Fitness/exercise goal: 5 days/week of turning fitbit green: 13,975 steps, 7 floors, 60 active minutes, 5 miles, and 2,687 calories

Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019) ???????

Check in: I am having a hard time with my intake. I am pretty much following a 16:8 IF. Not really by choice, but more because I work 12 hour shifts, then sleep, then have to go back. And because I have a physical job, I can only sit and eat on my lunch. Which does help keep me from drinking 30 min before and after eating. I am still having a hard time with certain temps. food and liquid has to either be hot or cold, warm or room temp causes nausea. At least I'm hitting my liquid & Protein goals and finally broke through my "stall"

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Week 1 check in:

Down 2 lbs! It's not much, but this is amazing to me as I've always pigged out Thanksgiving (and the days after...). I did much better than I thought I would and I wasn't really craving the carb heavy foods...

Checking in:

1. Challenge Starting weight: 132
  2. Current weight - 133
  3. Current weight lost:
  4. Losing or maintaining weight: Maintaining - New goal is to get weight down a bit before Dec 31. I found a perfect dress for new years.
  5. Fitness/exercise goal: Running season is over - Less cardio more weights
  6. Total weight loss at the end of challenge: (Post January 1st 2019)
  7. Check in: Tell us how you are doing - (How is your diet and exercise plan going? Any struggles? Stress level? What have you overcome? Any strategies that have helped)

Survived Thanksgiving. I had a two pound gain that I am working back down. I have moved furniture, decorated the house for christmas and painted a guest room. I'm driving my husband crazy. This week I back to my normal gym routine.