Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year Post Sleeve, Macros?

I was sleeved 7/4/17, so I am a little over a year out. I was sleeved in Mx, so I haven't seen my bariatric team since my surgery (as far as post op checkups, etc.) . My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit and I have been between 173-178 for the past few months (30 years old, 5'8 and trying my best to exercise 3-5 times a week). I was hoping that some people who were about a year out could tell me how they are doing and what their approx. macros are. I have been trying to follow bariatric Keto for a few months...but it really doesn't seem to be a good fit for me. I had the ketone strips and joined a special "bariatric keto" group on Facebook and they provided me with macros, but according to the strips I never got into ketosis :( Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. I know I have come so far and made great progress, but I would like to continue this journey and get to a "normal" BMI before adding on to our family.

Currently, I'm eating anywhere between 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day.

Protein : 60-80 g

Carbs: 0-50g (total, not net) Most days typically under 25g

Fat: 25-65g

Water: 80-100oz

18 minutes ago, samantha814 said:

I was sleeved 7/4/17, so I am a little over a year out. I was sleeved in Mx, so I haven't seen my bariatric team since my surgery (as far as post op checkups, etc.) . My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit and I have been between 173-178 for the past few months (30 years old, 5'8 and trying my best to exercise 3-5 times a week). I was hoping that some people who were about a year out could tell me how they are doing and what their approx. macros are. I have been trying to follow bariatric Keto for a few months...but it really doesn't seem to be a good fit for me. I had the ketone strips and joined a special "bariatric keto" group on Facebook and they provided me with macros, but according to the strips I never got into ketosis :( Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. I know I have come so far and made great progress, but I would like to continue this journey and get to a "normal" BMI before adding on to our family.

Currently, I'm eating anywhere between 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day.

Protein : 60-80 g

Carbs: 0-50g (total, not net) Most days typically under 25g

Fat: 25-65g

Water: 80-100oz

For many of us weight loss slows down as we progress out from surgery. It's ok if its slow. Can I ask how much weight loss in a month?

I have been hovering between 172-178 for the past 3 or so months. Before I stalled out, I was about 1-3lbs a month. I have been working really hard the past week or so of getting my butt back in gear and re-committing to my exercise and being more diligent of tracking my food for the day the previous evening.

27 minutes ago, samantha814 said:

I have been hovering between 172-178 for the past 3 or so months. Before I stalled out, I was about 1-3lbs a month. I have been working really hard the past week or so of getting my butt back in gear and re-committing to my exercise and being more diligent of tracking my food for the day the previous evening.

Re committing is a good place to start. Log and track for the next weeks. Hopefully it kicks you back into weight loss mode. My weight loss also has slowed. It takes me nothing to gain an it comes off slowly. Get back to being consistent. Joining a challenge may help.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/420820-thanksgiving-christmas-and-new-years-weight-loss-challenge/

I'm in! Thank you for creating the challenge :)

One trick I've read about and tried myself is to go back to a "day after" post-op diet for a week (or two if you can do it.) Remember the liquids only, followed by puree'd baby food? Yum!

But honestly, our stomaches are weird. I have noticed multiple times that if I go ham the night before, I wake up ravenous. But if I tone it down - or even fast - the night before, in the AM I can barely finish a meager Breakfast. Weird, but true.

So maybe give it a try. GO back to your Dr.'s post-op diet for a week and see what happens....