Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does hair loss last

I am glad you reminded me to take my Biotin today . I have not taken it since Thursday.. the day I was sleeved. Thank you! Also, if you don't mind my asking what part of FLA are you in? I am in Polk County.

I am glad you reminded me to take my Biotin today . I have not taken it since Thursday.. the day I was sleeved. Thank you! Also, if you don't mind my asking what part of FLA are you in? I am in Polk County.
I live in fort lauderdale. Welcome to the loser bench. How are you feeling and doing?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

This topic is very interesting to me because I started experiencing Hair loss in October - big time! Went to my Nurse Practitioner yesterday for usual check and she said I should not be experiencing hair loss because it only happens when you've had significant weight loss like over 70 lbs. She said it's probably my thyroid. I've lost 40 since surgery in June. She did blood work to test my thyroid and it looks okay to me!

My TSH 2.330 u[IU]/mL Normal is 0.270 - 4.200 u[IU]/mL

Another mystery to solve

Hi I’m a little post op 5 months and started losing hair about 4 month mark, I’ve been taking Biotin since before surgery and I’m still losing a lot of hair, I’m following to see if anyone has any answers....

thanks in advance

Started really losing a lot of hair at three months and it seems like it lasted until about six months.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:14 PM, newmeinfla said:

Thank you. How many and what dosage should I take.

I did a ton of research on Telogen Effluvium and LLysine came up as a treatment options in a study conducted a while back. I took the recommended dosage 1000mg per day. Some days only 500mg (big pills/ must take on empty stomach)

Genetics and underlining issues will affect hairloss also, but I think this really made the difference for me (and prayer)

As vain as it sounds, the only thing I worried about consistently pre and post op was my hair. I was dead set on not losing it.

Google it and see if it makes sense to you to add into your Vitamin routine.

I wish I had answers but no, nothing. I started losing my hair around the 4 month mark and it continued through about the 6 month mark. I've taken Biotin since before my sleeve and have lost 40 lbs since April 2018. My Hair loss is just now starting to slow down and all the new growth is popping through. New growth feels spongy...haha and sticks straight up.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:31 AM, GreenTealael said:

I did a ton of research on Telogen Effluvium and LLysine came up as a treatment options in a study conducted a while back. I took the recommended dosage 1000mg per day. Some days only 500mg (big pills/ must take on empty stomach)

Genetics and underlining issues will affect hairloss also, but I think this really made the difference for me (and prayer)

As vain as it sounds, the only thing I worried about consistently pre and post op was my hair. I was dead set on not losing it.

Google it and see if it makes sense to you to add into your Vitamin routine.

What brand do you take?

I started losing my hair at approx 4 months out. I’m now 6 months out and it seems to be slowing down a little bit but still falling. I went with a chin length straight bob a few weeks ago and decided to ride it out like I own it.
Biotin has been on my daily menu for years but it doesn’t overcome what the body wants to do in the grand scheme. Keep taking it because you want the new hair to grow in beautiful, though.
You can private message me for a great hair, skin and nails formula.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:55, newmeinfla said:

I will be 4 month next week and omg Hair loss. If it keeps up this way I will have non left. I get all my Vitamins, Protein etc.. doing castor oil mask once a week. I can't take Biotin since i take synthroid. What can else can I do.

Can you take collagen?