Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling to stay with it.

I am a little over 2 years post OP. I have gained back about 30lbs. It's so depressing. I feel like I'm slipping back into that vicious cycle that snowballed into me bein 28 and 330lbs. I changed jobs recently and I snack non stop. I need help. If anyone has past expiereces similar, advice or reset/meal plan ideas please share them. I am desperate to get back on track. The surgery saved my life and I dont want to get back to bad old habits. Please help!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, AshPole said:

I am a little over 2 years post OP. I have gained back about 30lbs. It's so depressing. I feel like I'm slipping back into that vicious cycle that snowballed into me bein 28 and 330lbs. I changed jobs recently and I snack non stop. I need help. If anyone has past expiereces similar, advice or reset/meal plan ideas please share them. I am desperate to get back on track. The surgery saved my life and I dont want to get back to bad old habits. Please help!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am only about 3 months out bag. When I feel panicked about my choices or any guilt I just go back to the liquid diet, the Premier Protein, yogurt, for a couple days. Of course I am only 3 months out and it’s more in my head that feeling of guilt then me actually doing bad. Maybe that will help you.

Do a reset, start with the liquid diet then gradually get back into the habit you had post op to see if it helps. I am being sleeved tomorrow so i dont know much more of what to say other than lower the carb counts etc, but i am for sure not a teacher by no means

You do not need to go back to a liquid diet, which was critical for your stomach/intestines to heal properly right after gastric bypass. Doing so is fad diet mentality and wasn’t effective pre-surgery and won’t be post-surgery. Instead, focus on eating dense Protein first, followed by non-starchy vegetables.

I highly recommend you work with a therapist to figure out why you’re sabotaging yourself - you need to address your food issues as soon as possible. Also, clean up your cupboards, and don’t buy any junk or processed food going forward; make sure you’re consuming more than 64 oz of Water a day as thirst can sometimes be confused with hunger; measure out your food with a scale as we’re not good at eye balling portion sizes; and track ALL you consume (be honest) with an app like MyFitnessPal or a food journal.

Edited by MarinaGirl

16 hours ago, MarinaGirl said:

You do not need to go back to a liquid diet, which was critical for your stomach/intestines to heal properly right after gastric bypass. Doing so is fad diet mentality and wasn’t effective pre-surgery and won’t be post-surgery. Instead, focus on eating dense Protein first, followed by non-starchy vegetables.

I highly recommend you work with a therapist to figure out why you’re sabotaging yourself - you need to address your food issues as soon as possible. Also, clean up your cupboards, and don’t buy any junk or processed food going forward; make sure you’re consuming more than 64 oz of Water a day as thirst can sometimes be confused with hunger; measure out your food with a scale as we’re not good at eye balling portion sizes; and track ALL you consume (be honest) with an app like MyFitnessPal or a food journal.

^^^^^^^This. A million times.

Go back to basics (not your liquid phase--your "Diet For Life" phase) and throw out the crap. No Snacks. No "treats". No eating with "moderation". At this point, if you want to lose, you have to knuckle down and let your tool help you really get strict...then you can refigure out a new maintenance strategy cuz you know your present one isn't working.

I too would dump all crap, processed junk, and as many junkie carbs as possible and concentrate on dense Protein, healthy fats and if still hungry, the crap loads of leafy low glycemic greens and low glycemic veggis and healthy fats to fill your calories. I'd also look at going back to about 800cals per day to lose and get your 60-80g of dense protein FROM food.

But I would def contact your doc's team and get in touch with a therapist and maybe RD.

And track every bite.

Regain can be lost! I've seen tons of successful vets do it!!!