Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No pizza for 4-5 months???

2 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Preach. I had a few people tell me that they "seriously questioned whether I was ready for surgery" and that it probably wasn't right for me, when I posted pre-op that I was really nervous and that I had cheated on my pre-op diet. Well a giant middle finger to them because I am doing great. It's no one's place to ask someone else if they are ready for surgery. You can privately think that, but I am sure they have thought this over before doing it and are posting in a state of anxiety or worry. Plus, OP ALREADY HAD THE SURGERY according to her side stats soooooo... no point in asking that because it's a little too late regardless. I never thought I could go this long without Taco Bell... but it's been two months and look at me now. lmao.

Since you pointed out that she already had the surgery, I took a look at her recent posts to see how she was doing.

Her last post (from December 15th) began with, “I am starting to regret that I had this surgery”...

I hope she’s been doing well since then, and does great going forward. But I think this shows my questions could of had some merit.

Hi everyone! Just to let you all know that I am doing great. Down 35 lbs since my surgery on 10/26 and counting. Was frustrated and I had some regrets about my surgery just because Of the stalls I was having that’s all! And guess what people I did eat ONE slice of pizza and had no stomach issues!! All of you judge mental people are just so ridiculous. I am happy and proud of my weight loss journey and that all that matters.

1 hour ago, pdamoci said:

Hi everyone! Just to let you all know that I am doing great. Down 35 lbs since my surgery on 10/26 and counting. Was frustrated and I had some regrets about my surgery just because Of the stalls I was having that’s all! And guess what people I did eat ONE slice of pizza and had no stomach issues!! All of you judge mental people are just so ridiculous. I am happy and proud of my weight loss journey and that all that matters.

Awesome, glad you’re doing great. :)

I was honestly super worried about what going that long without pizza, etc., would be like as well. I feel like it’s dishonest to act like many (most?) of us don’t question our ability to go without the foods we’ve relied on for so long, especially because of the emotional ties many of us have to eating specific foods that we ought to avoid.

I didn’t think I’d be able to go as long as I did without pizza, I bought a bunch of cauliflower crusts so I could have some “pizza” as soon as I got to solid foods. I think part of the point of surgery is to learn how to have our favorites in healthier ways and/or in smaller quantities and/or much less frequently. I am impressed by those who forgo things forever but I know that that is not realistic for me.

Maybe I’d be losing faster if my attitude were different but I’m delighted with my 70lbs in five months and have been working really hard on food and fitness. I’ve also had pizza several times and it tasted damn good.

My two cents anyway!

Don't you think it would be better to think " I can do without this item, because I am commited to recovering my health, feeling better and being thinner"?

On 12/29/2018 at 15:15, Frustr8 said:

Don't you think it would be better to think " I can do without this item, because I am commited to recovering my health, feeling better and being thinner"?
Rational brain is able to think things that the feelings side of the brain can’t. I’m just saying that the fear/worry over whether we can do it is very natural and very common.

pizza is my all time favorite foods and one I’m gonna miss having regularly. I found a chicken recipe on Pinterest that has pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pizza seasoning (I have Flavor God’ pizza seasoning I put on everything) and pepperoni, I plan on using turkey. I’m hoping this will be a good substitute for the flavor of pizza I dearly ❤️.

The cauliflower pizza is really good! Trader Joe’s has them

I love pizza but I’m really wanted focus to lose weight but yeast and breadstick not options for me to eat because I’m on strict diet my baratric doctor forbidden have pizza!!

I never try cauliflower pizza

Most people do good on strict diets as long as the rewards are rolling in big (i. e. fast weight loss).

Most people don't do good on strict diets as soon as the rewards stop rolling in big (i. e. the fast weight loss stops).

I just saw yesterday that papa Murphy’s has a crust less pizza....basically is just the toppings in a pan from what I understand and you can create your own or order specific kinds of “pizza”...haven’t tried it yet (I’m only 7 1/2 weeks out) but I might in the comings months

My local place has broccoli crust pizza I get on occasion (the one I like is pretty pricey) . I ate some Dominos flatbread pizza for the first time a few days ago. It was good, but I realized it was pointless and I don't *need* it. Since I realized I could eat bread again, I went a little crazy for a few weeks, but I have restarted my strict bariatric-friendly diet and I am already back down 2lbs (I had gained 4lbs). I gave all my breads and crackers to my stepdad and leftover pizza to my friend.

Edited by mousecat88